Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutton4Bolts View Post
Nice research Sneak... I forgot how fast the Chiefs came out of the gates last year... I remember now that all the talk was about how Alex Smith was a changed QB and was going down the field. Really hoping this is a serial with Reid and his squad and they fade down the stretch.... because right now they look very tough to beat.
I hope it's a Reid thing as well.. Mahomes is definitely more talented than Smith, but it doesn't mean he can't regress or be figured out.

We shall find out Sunday. Pat vs the Pats. Let's see who the real patty cake is.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post
I hope it's a Reid thing as well.. Mahomes is definitely more talented than Smith, but it doesn't mean he can't regress or be figured out.

We shall find out Sunday. Pat vs the Pats. Let's see who the real patty cake is.

Definitively? I'm not sure of that. The rookie has to prove he can do it all the way. Of course the game in NE should be the real test. At 6-0, the Chiefs would be hard to catch...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 10-13-2018, 02:55 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
Definitively? I'm not sure of that. The rookie has to prove he can do it all the way. Of course the game in NE should be the real test. At 6-0, the Chiefs would be hard to catch...
All the way to Alex Smith being one and done in 51 straight years of playoffs ?

Won't you Bag Up to help the Chargers cause ?

Give. Give till it hurts.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Hall of Famer

I really hope we beat the Chiefs when we meet again. KC just got their first loss.

We need Bosa back. He'll opens things up for the other guys.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
I really hope we beat the Chiefs when we meet again. KC just got their first loss.

We need Bosa back. He'll opens things up for the other guys.
Looking forward to Bosa's return for sure but the team is getting better in his absence. They're playing very well now. LAC's defense will be elite with Joey in the lineup.
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Hall of Famer

If Mahomes expects the same game with Bosa in, imagine how he could be surprised on December the 13th.

Maniaque 5
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM
I be humbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD SneakKing View Post

DeShaun Watson was on fire this time last year too.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
In terms of raw talent, I definitely think he has more than Alex Smith has or ever will. I was impressed with what he was able to do against NE especially after a rough first half. They still lost a close one, but was a great performance by Mahomes either way.

Do I think guys like Hill, Kelce and Hunt are making Mahomes look better than the media makes him out to be? Yes, I do. But I also know that he does have the skillset to buy time and make some great throws on the move with ease - this makes him very dangerous with his arm strength and apparent accuracy.

Keeping Mahomes inside the pocket is a key component to beating him - it's a lot easier to do than trying to cover guys like Hill for an extended period of time.