Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 12-12-2017, 10:07 AM
pacstud's Avatar
pacstud pacstud is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 20,684
Default

Watch the broadcast, and then tell me I'm biased.

That's all I ask.


Empty seats and opposing fans. Quite a few (to avoid another percentage argument). More so than at other games I watch.
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 12-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Bambi'slegacy Bambi'slegacy is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 336
Default

Was at the Browns game, silver lot, lines in were very congested. Got in with about 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. TV view is definitely deceptive at least for that game. There is no way the tv screen shot gives you the same view of the attendance. To voice an honest opinion you must be there in person and take in the total view. The opinion of people watching on tv regarding the attendance is laughable, as far as I concerned and it always has been going back to Qualcomm.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 PM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi'slegacy View Post
Was at the Browns game, silver lot, lines in were very congested. Got in with about 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. TV view is definitely deceptive at least for that game. There is no way the tv screen shot gives you the same view of the attendance. To voice an honest opinion you must be there in person and take in the total view. The opinion of people watching on tv regarding the attendance is laughable, as far as I concerned and it always has been going back to Qualcomm.
You and Bolt4life, should walk around to another gate. Where I go in, the line has never been longer than 3 or 4 people.

I’ve been to every game except Miami. Have no idea what the tv view is like
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 12-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Bambi'slegacy Bambi'slegacy is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 336
Default

Silver lot, lot 10 seems to be the main gate. Box office is located to the left, along with will call. It's the main tailgate lot. Anyway was a season ticket holder for 21 years at Qualcomm. Most of the tv cameras were directed at the visitors side field view n that was always a large percentage of the opposing fans. I went to 2 games at Stub Hub. Chiefs game had more opposing fans than the Browns game, but majority was still Chargers. At least 60 40, maybe 65 percent. I didn't pay attention that much. I was more interested in the game itself.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 12-13-2017, 10:30 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
<< . . . . . . .
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 19,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi'slegacy View Post
Was at the Browns game, silver lot, lines in were very congested. Got in with about 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. TV view is definitely deceptive at least for that game. There is no way the tv screen shot gives you the same view of the attendance. To voice an honest opinion you must be there in person and take in the total view. The opinion of people watching on tv regarding the attendance is laughable, as far as I concerned and it always has been going back to Qualcomm.
Exactly.

Amazing that people can dig in so hard without any first-hand experience.

Or as Mario Lopez would say: "It's sad, actually."
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 12-13-2017, 10:32 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
<< . . . . . . .
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 19,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
You and Bolt4life, should walk around to another gate. Where I go in, the line has never been longer than 3 or 4 people.
I know that gate he's talking about. I used it once. If you're tailgating on the campus-side of the Silver lot, that gate is super convenient, and thus worth the wait for a few dozen people around you. It really doesn't take that long.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 12-14-2017, 08:50 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
I know that gate he's talking about. I used it once. If you're tailgating on the campus-side of the Silver lot, that gate is super convenient, and thus worth the wait for a few dozen people around you. It really doesn't take that long.
Bambislegacy and bolt4life seem to be having trouble getting in at that gate. Tip em off
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 12-14-2017, 09:31 AM
pacstud's Avatar
pacstud pacstud is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 20,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Exactly.

Amazing that people can dig in so hard without any first-hand experience.

Or as Mario Lopez would say: "It's sad, actually."
Yes, it's so sad when someone disagrees.

Again, not just me but also people AT THE GAMES!

What's sad is when someone illogically states, "you weren't there, I was, so whatever I say is true."

That's sad.
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.