bacon and waffles. thats on my mind 14 30.43%
TPVG is back!!! 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocharge View Post
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USA..._c680x510.jpg?

NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Kyle Larson (32) , Travis Pastrana (60) , Nelson Piquet Jr (30) and Brad Keselowski are involved in a final lap crash during the DRIVE4COPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway.
I am not surprised by this in the least. I have never been a fan of restrictor plate races. The cars just seem to bunch up and all heck breaks loose when a driver makes a mistake.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro619 View Post
No thanks. I would rather complain here that it is cold when its in the 50's here. Just because im Mexican doesn't mean you can subject me to manual labor.
Hahahahaha!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Potatohead's nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
That sounds like all kinds of fun.

I'm almost finished with my silent partner. Paperwork approved, tax stamp paid for, and just waiting for my suppressor to get here.

10 1/2" barrel? So he had to get an SBR permit, and suppressor permit?

Expensive toy, but I'll bet it was worth it.
It's only expensive for the tax-payers, he got it for free to add to his work kit. That should answer the permitting questions too. He's a SWAT shooter.

He said that being suppressed makes it comparable to a .22lr in sound level. That's a 5.56/.223 round so that's a pretty decent sound reduction from a short suppressor, IMO.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 AM
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffindonut72 View Post
I am not surprised by this in the least. I have never been a fan of restrictor plate races. The cars just seem to bunch up and all heck breaks loose when a driver makes a mistake.
Someone posted here in reply to another who said NASCAR was boring. He said: "Just watch the last few laps."

I think that wreck happened on the last lap.

Still, I don't watch much racing.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM

Best burnout ever?

Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
It's only expensive for the tax-payers, he got it for free to add to his work kit. That should answer the permitting questions too. He's a SWAT shooter.
Ahhh. That's a whole 'nother story.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutbolAmericano View Post
Someone posted here in reply to another who said NASCAR was boring. He said: "Just watch the last few laps."

I think that wreck happened on the last lap.

Still, I don't watch much racing.
Human carnage as entertainment!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 AM
BHC Secretary of State

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Human carnage as entertainment!
i saw a video of aforementioned incident from a guy standing in the crowd as this happened... they all started cheering when they first started to wreck. i don't know how many nascar fans will openly admit to watching just to see a crash... but after watching that video i'm thinking it's sadly more than anybody thinks.

for the life of me have never understood how watching cars driving in circles could be considered entertaining, much less a "sport".... that's just my two cents though.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:19 AM
The Maple Tree

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackalacka View Post
i saw a video of aforementioned incident from a guy standing in the crowd as this happened... they all started cheering when they first started to wreck. i don't know how many nascar fans will openly admit to watching just to see a crash... but after watching that video i'm thinking it's sadly more than anybody thinks.

for the life of me have never understood how watching cars driving in circles could be considered entertaining, much less a "sport".... that's just my two cents though.

Picks up the two bhc cents and pockets the denero.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackalacka View Post
Yeah. Driving 500 miles at speeds averaging close to 200 mph is nothing, right?

Or driving into a corner going 185 mph, three cars wide. Just a Sunday drive in the country. Takes no talent at all.

Closed Thread