Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is on my mind.
Tom, Where's my jerky???!!! 11 23.91%
I ran out of Chill Pills 18 39.13%
Ok. who let gooey out 6 13.04%
bacon and waffles. thats on my mind 14 30.43%
TPVG is back!!! 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie4 View Post
Going home she told me i was faster than her ex ever was and he took it serious. They have a proper race next Tuesday. Qualifying all that. I googled and saw my time is a second faster than some car enthusiast groups who go.
The first bolded is not always a good thing!

The second just proves my earlier point about driving
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
What! In Denver you can go-kart race for the price of admission to the park (like $50?) and you can ride as much as you like. Granted, you have to get back in line after each 10 minute set, but...
one of the many cultural advantages of Denver!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 AM
When all else fails

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie4 View Post
Go Karting tonight was awesome fun. One of the most fun things i've done in my life. I was good too. Came first and got the fastest lap in the second race. Alana beat me in the first race haha.

Seriously though i loved it so much. To finally put 14 years of racing games into the real world felt good. Braking later and later, finding the right turn ins. Cut my best lap down by 2 seconds between the two races. Did about 50 laps. There was one hairpin turn. I went from braking into it and touching the throttle through the corner to just going flat out through it.

So for the first time i gave Alana chocolates haha. Not romantic or anything. Just trying to be sweet. My mum gave me a caramello koala and peppermint frog. Asked her during the day which one she wanted i knew she doesn't like either. She was like you should just have them. On my way to karting i went to the shop and got her some plain chocolate frogs cause i know she likes them. Almost forgot about them and gave them to her when she dropped me off. I got an "aww you're the best" lol

Somehow me not bragging about being good at karting makes her like me more. Told me i am the most humble and modest guy she's ever met... i think that's good?

Anyway going to a concert with her tomorrow night. Sum 41 and Billy Talent. Should be fun.

EDIT: She even put a FB status about how good a time she had tonight. She never does that, hates being tagged at places and having people know where she is/was.
You're well on your way

Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
one of the many cultural advantages of Denver!
Whatever, brah. Denver is a great city.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmboltsfan View Post
Whatever, brah. Denver is a great city.
i love denver!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltBacker4Life View Post
You're well on your way

QFT

Make your move or this guy will

Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
BHC Secretary of State

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
If you don't know how you can call racing a sport, I'm not going to try to explain it to you.

But just like the NFL, if everyone could do it, they would. They have a NASCAR driving school in Vegas. Maybe you should go run some 160 mph laps, and see if your opinion changes.
like i said i didn't say they were unskilled or untalented. still don't see how driving a car is a sport.

and using your logic "if everyone could do it, they would" wouldn't we have a whole bunch of presidents of the united states?

i'm about to go hop in my car and head to work. the most athletic part of this action is the walk from my front door to my car.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
BHC Secretary of State

Cool

for the record i don't consider golf a sport either. more of a leisurely activity that you can play competitively, like pool.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackalacka View Post
like i said i didn't say they were unskilled or untalented. still don't see how driving a car is a sport.

and using your logic "if everyone could do it, they would" wouldn't we have a whole bunch of presidents of the united states?

i'm about to go hop in my car and head to work. the most athletic part of this action is the walk from my front door to my car.
Where does auto racing go awry based on the below?

sport
/spôrt/

Noun
An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackalacka View Post

I thought the most athletic thing you've done was growing out your beard.
Closed Thread