bacon and waffles. thats on my mind 14 30.43%
TPVG is back!!! 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
Or... go drive a car around in circles for 500 miles without air conditioning, in 120 degree cabin temps, wearing a full fire suit and helmet, minimal steering assist, subjected to 2-3 Gs in corners, all the while maintaining the split second hyperfocus required to not become the next tradgedy people are waiting to see on TV. Also, be prepared to routinely communicate to your pit crew how yor car feels and handles, if adjustments to suspension are needed at the next pit. Oh, and no potty stops either...

I'm by no means a Nascar fan, but to trivialize what those drivers have to accomplish is pretty ignorant IMO.
Boom. Headshot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Doing high level math takes skill, that doesn't mean it's fun to watch people do it.
Depends on who you ask, doesn't it? I'm sure it's boatloads of fun for some portion of the populous...
Old 02-25-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Unless you're a math fan.

Just like chess matches. Doesn't sound like much fun to watch, but it's a strategy game that draws hundreds of fans for world matches.
Right, but chess fans don't go around trying to convince people that everybody should go watch chess in my experience. For some reason NASCAR fans seem compelled to do so.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Right, but chess fans don't go around trying to convince people that everybody should go watch chess in my experience. For some reason NASCAR fans seem compelled to do so.
Who's telling everyone to go watch? If it ain't your cup of tea, skip it. But to try and trivialize it because you have no personal interest in it? That dog don't hunt.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Nobody (here at least) is doing any such thing... are they?

I tried to convince my wife to take an interest in football with me. That didn't go over well. I did get her hooked on hockey though, so that's cool.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Nobody (here at least) is doing any such thing... are they?

I tried to convince my wife to take an interest in football with me. That didn't go over well. I did get her hooked on hockey though, so that's cool.
Sounds like my wife.

She's a city girl, but now she camps, fishes, and goes shooting with me. Took some time, but it was worth it.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Sounds like my wife.

She's a city girl, but now she camps, fishes, and goes shooting with me. Took some time, but it was worth it.
How did this come about? Did you go on three camping trips by yourself and then she suddenly made a move on her own and went with you on the 4th?
Old 02-25-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Unless you're a math fan.

Just like chess matches. Doesn't sound like much fun to watch, but it's a strategy game that draws hundreds of fans for world matches.
I like cars.

I like races.

I couldn't sit through more than 2 minutes of a car race.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
How did this come about? Did you go on three camping trips by yourself and then she suddenly made a move on her own and went with you on the 4th?
When we were packing up, I would always ask her if she wanted to go. Nope. Too many bugs. Too much dirt. No television. No internet. Blah, blah, blah.

Then she decided to go on a pheasant hunt with my brother, his wife and I, and she was hooked. She dropped her first pheasant on that trip. At the campfire that night, we "inducted" her in the world of the outdoors. (Gave her a camo tshirt, and a camo boonie hat.) Told her she was now officially a redneck, and there was no going back.

I bought her a 20 gauge shotgun, and she can rock that thing pretty well. She loves shooting sporting clays. She's a real good shot with a pistol, and has actually ran better scores than a couple of my buddies at the range. I still give them grief about it, too.

And she's caught her fair share of trout. Although, she still won't bait a hook, and if the fish she's got on is too big, she basically throws her fishing rod at me.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Who's telling everyone to go watch? If it ain't your cup of tea, skip it. But to try and trivialize it because you have no personal interest in it? That dog don't hunt.

If I'm not interested in it, it's trivial by definition.

Also, if a woman can compete and succeed against men its not a "real" pro sport. Period.
Closed Thread