Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2019, 03:15 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Yep, that would make sense to most of us, but I doubt TW feels like his success has been because of the 'system' or the QB. If TW is selling himself as a #1 WR, he has to think his talent is what makes him so. Just my opinion, I have no personal knowledge of what TW actually believes.

Really tough conversation for TT to have, as he needs to be true to the club in any offer he puts forth to TW, as well as try to not insult TW with the offer. The hope is to keep the door open for TW to return. I have seen this dance before, it rarely works out for the club......TW is gone is my thought.
I have worried about that kind of stuff too. What I have learned is that it is normal business. TT, TW, and his Agent all know its business. Get the best offer they can, shop TW around if they want, they may not want to, and see where you are at.

You have us at 5, Blah Blah has offered us 7, we'll stay here for 6......its happened before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Some other LBs that at the moment have mid round grades that have grabbed my interest are:

-Germaine Pratt; NC State; strong and physical against the run, able to cover sideline to sideline, and has an ability to play pass defense (he was a safety at some point in his career)

Anfernee Jennings; Alabama; word on him is that he had a disappointing year, however he began playing better towards the end of the year. Then we remember he destroyed his knee in the semi-final win against Clemson the previous year and maybe his disappointing year was due to him not being confident in his knee until the end of the year, which is why he played better at the end of the year.

Tre Watson; Maryland; good run defender, led the Big 10 in tackles, started his collegiate career in Illinois where he had 102 tackles... as a sophomore! His pass coverage stats this last year? 5 interceptions, 3 pass break ups!

The star on my bag signifies a World Championship... it's coming boys! It's coming!
Old 02-19-2019, 09:06 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I have worried about that kind of stuff too. What I have learned is that it is normal business. TT, TW, and his Agent all know its business. Get the best offer they can, shop TW around if they want, they may not want to, and see where you are at.

You have us at 5, Blah Blah has offered us 7, we'll stay here for 6......its happened before.

Maybe, but while it is the business side as you note, players can get a false valuation of themselves from their agents. Not saying that is the case with TW, but other than MidTown and TW's agent, few see TW as a #1 WR. It only takes one GM though.....

I see an offer of 6 million/3 years from the Bolts. Slightly more than I would want to pay, as I am in the 5 a year/3 years belief, but hoping 6 would not be found as insulting. TW will decline, see what FA offers, and I hope the offers are really close to the 6/3, making staying an option. If some GM offers #1 WR money, TW should take it and enjoy the ride.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:19 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Maybe, but while it is the business side as you note, players can get a false valuation of themselves from their agents. Not saying that is the case with TW, but other than MidTown and TW's agent, few see TW as a #1 WR. It only takes one GM though.....

I see an offer of 6 million/3 years from the Bolts. Slightly more than I would want to pay, as I am in the 5 a year/3 years belief, but hoping 6 would not be found as insulting. TW will decline, see what FA offers, and I hope the offers are really close to the 6/3, making staying an option. If some GM offers #1 WR money, TW should take it and enjoy the ride.
Approved MidTown IS TW !!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Wait a minute. TW is Midtown? I understand. he he he...hey thank Philip Rivers Tyrell for this pay day. Yes, you've worked hard and made plays. Thank Philip for your pay day contract. Best of luck.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Some other LBs that at the moment have mid round grades that have grabbed my interest are:

-Germaine Pratt; NC State; strong and physical against the run, able to cover sideline to sideline, and has an ability to play pass defense (he was a safety at some point in his career)

Anfernee Jennings; Alabama; word on him is that he had a disappointing year, however he began playing better towards the end of the year. Then we remember he destroyed his knee in the semi-final win against Clemson the previous year and maybe his disappointing year was due to him not being confident in his knee until the end of the year, which is why he played better at the end of the year.

Tre Watson; Maryland; good run defender, led the Big 10 in tackles, started his collegiate career in Illinois where he had 102 tackles... as a sophomore! His pass coverage stats this last year? 5 interceptions, 3 pass break ups!
Pratt has NFL starter ability. I think his abilities compare well with Perryman's. If he lasted until the 3rd round, I'd take him!

Jennings projects as a 3-4 OLB or SAM. He's undervalued right now.

I like Tre Watson but think he projects as a 5th-6th rounder with a deep ILB class. I worry about his speed and coverage skills. If we re-sign Perryman, I think he would make a quality backup. Another later round prospect I like is Gary Johnson (Texas). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf8DtYXHoko
Old 02-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Anfernee Jennings stayed in school.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:15 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Anfernee Jennings stayed in school.
Oooo 👀 went there ...

Old 02-20-2019, 09:27 PM
All-Pro

What do you guys think of Ben Burr-Kirven? I really like these dudes game. Always finds his way to the ball.