Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espańol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Hall of Famer

With 4 QB's expected to go super early, I think Jackson will be a hot commodity for the QB needy teams who missed out. No way I see him getting past Arizona at 15 now. I could even see a team trading up for him. New England is a real dark horse. I think the writing is on the wall that Brady only has a season or two left, at least in New England. I'm guessing internally the Patriots are kicking themselves that they traded Garoppolo. In hindsight it would have been very Belichickesque to have kept Garoppolo and let Brady walk. He always seems to let players walk or trade them a year or two early instead of late. Tom's legend and unparalleled success is obviously why he hasn't been jettisoned yet. If Tom, who will turn 41 right before the season starts, does play until 45 like he has said he wants to, I don't think it will be in a Patriots uniform.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:25 PM
HOFer in Training

Ran across this article found it interesting. This was the first Lamar thread I saw so here I goes.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...-didnt-run-40/

“The good thing about science is that it is true whether or not you believe it.” Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Old 06-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Mojo Is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by like54ninjas View Post
Ran across this article found it interesting. This was the first Lamar thread I saw so here I goes.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...-didnt-run-40/
That IS interesting
Idk if we can deduce anything significant but if one of our scouts went out of his way to be the first guy to ask LJ to run wide receiver routes, then I’m starting to doubt we as a franchise ever viewed LJ as a qb prospect
I wouldn’t say that if he just asked him to run the 40, but he asked him for specifically “wide receiver routes”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thirty33three
Old 06-24-2018, 02:55 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
That IS interesting
Idk if we can deduce anything significant but if one of our scouts went out of his way to be the first guy to ask LJ to run wide receiver routes, then I’m starting to doubt we as a franchise ever viewed LJ as a qb prospect
I wouldn’t say that if he just asked him to run the 40, but he asked him for specifically “wide receiver routes”
LJ was never going to happen. The only "route" that matters is Telesco ran the smoke screen route perfectly. The real genius comes in at the end because he can always answer "we were doing our "due diligence". " Brilliant. I laugh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Interesting article indeed. Perhaps his staff was capitalizing on TT's mentor, (Bill Polian's) comments about Jackson.

Leading up to the draft Polian stated Jackson would be better suited to play wide receiver in the NFL. With all the progress, that has been made with past Black QB's who have played the position: James Harris, Doug Williams, Warren Moon, Michael Vick, Cam Newton...Polian would make that statement? Could be coincidence but maybe TT talked with his mentor ahead of time to orchestrate the smokescreen.

However it came to be I'd say brilliant move by TT. So good a move that he had CMB's debating about seriously drafting Jackson. TT has taken the smokescreen to new heights this past off season.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Mojo Is Dead

I admit defeat when it kicks me swiftly in the arse
But I still say LJ will be a game changer in a few years

thirty33three
Old 06-27-2018, 02:48 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
I admit defeat when it kicks me swiftly in the arse
But I still say LJ will be a game changer in a few years
He's going to have to show me. The negative is he comes across as not too swift. The positives are that he is a superior athlete, and full of confidence.