Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2019, 02:25 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
So, if the QB gets hurt - you put in an OG to replace him? Come on man - next man up means the next man that plays the position. Nwosu didn't play Mike at USC and he hasn't played it with the Bolts.
Yeah, that was the point of my post, Roo.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Yeah, that was the point of my post, Roo.
Sarcasm is tricky around here.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:47 AM
Hall of Famer

No need to put Nwosu at Mike. I'm sure Pullard will play Mike vs 21 personnel (2 backs & 1 tight end) just like he did when we played them last year. With 1 back and 1 tight end we might play dime just like last year. This year I expect we may play 7 DBs vs that personnel group, because Brown didn't really play like a linebacker anyway. The Pats like to run the ball using 2 backs in the game and sometimes 2 tight ends. Last year we stopped them all day long out of the 2 back package using Pullard and Emmanuel. The Dline played the run extremely well last year.

So with a fullback in the game expect Pullard & Emmanuel in the game. With no fullback expect our 7 DB package. The chess match is will they try to run the ball with no fullback vs that look? That's not a personnel grouping they favor running the ball with much, but that could be the inefficiency they try to exploit. Will have to see how it goes.