Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > NCAA Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Veteran

I'm with you Oside89

BBQ'ing and hanging out with friends tailgating is part of the experience and it's what makes it so mch fun.

A new downtown stadium would be such a cluster, I don't think DT could handle an NFL game day crowd

I'd be watching from home aswell
Old 02-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Rookie

I was at the Charger-49er's game this year at Levi Stadium. I was concerned about tailgating and how it would compare to the Q. Well, we got to the parking area without much traffic and I was very surprised how easy it was.

We tailgated just like at the Q and then it was time to head for the stadium. About a mile later (and I am not exaggerating) we finally came to the exclusive parking tailgate area close to the stadium. This is where the lucky ones got to park. Then all of us were funneled into an entry area where we had to pass security and enter the stadium. This in itself took almost 30 minutes.

It was like the Wildebeest of Africa trying to cross the crocodile invested river. By this time I was longing for the fan friendly confines of the Q.

Well, we finally found our seats and they weren't bad, but to be among the unfriendly fans of San Francisco was a bit unnerving.

With all the bad experiences I went through to get to this game, in the end, I witnessed the best Charger comeback of all time. Did the great surprising victory make all my travails worthwhile? Yes, until I had to trek another mile to get to my car and finally rid myself of the "Levi" experience.

Morale of the story? Keep the tailgating and keep them close by. If not, I will enjoy my HD TV experience and forgo the torture of "remote tailgating".
Old 02-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
Let's lighten the mood with a question, what is your best expression for renovating the Q?

So far I've heard:

1. Like putting a band-aide on a shotgun wound
2. Like putting a $10 saddle on a $3 horse
Like putting a book in a raider fans hand.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katdnzr View Post
I was at the Charger-49er's game this year at Levi Stadium. I was concerned about tailgating and how it would compare to the Q. Well, we got to the parking area without much traffic and I was very surprised how easy it was.

We tailgated just like at the Q and then it was time to head for the stadium. About a mile later (and I am not exaggerating) we finally came to the exclusive parking tailgate area close to the stadium. This is where the lucky ones got to park. Then all of us were funneled into an entry area where we had to pass security and enter the stadium. This in itself took almost 30 minutes.

It was like the Wildebeest of Africa trying to cross the crocodile invested river. By this time I was longing for the fan friendly confines of the Q.

Well, we finally found our seats and they weren't bad, but to be among the unfriendly fans of San Francisco was a bit unnerving.

With all the bad experiences I went through to get to this game, in the end, I witnessed the best Charger comeback of all time. Did the great surprising victory make all my travails worthwhile? Yes, until I had to trek another mile to get to my car and finally rid myself of the "Levi" experience.

Morale of the story? Keep the tailgating and keep them close by. If not, I will enjoy my HD TV experience and forgo the torture of "remote tailgating".
I still have that game on my DVR might watch it tonight. We really are spoiled at Qualcomm. Who saw the article on the cost paid for various services?

We pay much more for libraries than we would for a new stadium.

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2015/fe...ive-countdown/

Stadium expenses in perspective

How would new venue stack up, against other city spending?

If city taxpayers covered $600 million of stadium costs, financed over 30 years, that might mean $32.3 million a year of debt service, or $23.82 per year per person in the city.

-San Diego spends $39.3 million per year of general funds on libraries, or $29.01 per person.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside89 View Post
I still have that game on my DVR might watch it tonight. We really are spoiled at Qualcomm. Who saw the article on the cost paid for various services?

We pay much more for libraries than we would for a new stadium.

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2015/fe...ive-countdown/

Stadium expenses in perspective

How would new venue stack up, against other city spending?

If city taxpayers covered $600 million of stadium costs, financed over 30 years, that might mean $32.3 million a year of debt service, or $23.82 per year per person in the city.

-San Diego spends $39.3 million per year of general funds on libraries, or $29.01 per person.
That sounds like it's multiple libraries. And I would say they are a lot more important than a stadium.

It looks like there are 20 or so libraries in city limits so roughly 16 libraries=the cost of one stadium. There are 36 San Diego public libraries but they are as far north as rancho bernardo and as far south as san ysidro so i excluded those just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaFan View Post
That sounds like it's multiple libraries. And I would say they are a lot more important than a stadium.

It looks like there are 20 or so libraries in city limits so roughly 16 libraries=the cost of one stadium. There are 36 San Diego public libraries but they are as far north as rancho bernardo and as far south as san ysidro so i excluded those just in case.
I wouldn't say that libraries are that important. We may need some archives, with a Kindle you can read many books. The news I read is time sensitive. If I don't know information when it hits the web, I lose money.

Libraries and book stores were very important a few years back but each passing year makes them a dying breed. However, I don't mind spending for the people that use them, as long as they aren't so stubborn to spend on other items like a stadium.

A few years back a section of Laguna Niguel broke off and incorporated as Laguna Woods. It's an elderly community and they decided they shouldn't be paying for schools and didn't need to spend as much on police. Long story short they needed ambulances and medical at a much higher rate than their neighboring cities and ended up being taxed a lot more than they originally were. This stadium might be an additional tax but it would be less than a trip to dinner each month for many.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:58 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaFan View Post

How is a Library more important than a New Chargers Stadium ?????!!!!???

Any reading content is available on line or at your local school...Seriously thou that new down town library was strictly about building an abstract looking structure.....Since when has a library needed to have millions to have it built ????????? Meanwhile we need new roads and a new a Stadium

How many down town residents are going to really put that library to use ? Other than to drink coffee and kill time and mingle .

Last edited by 19sixty9; 02-27-2015 at 04:01 AM..