Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Jazz made most of their 3 point attempts. Hayward and Gobert were lights out on defense. Contributions from the bench were also key.

Good team win, and fun to watch.
Doc Rivers good as gone if they're not DEEEEEEP in playoffs

(my best impersonation of Magic Johnson Captain Obvious tweets)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Jazz 97

Pistons 83

Great road win. Choo choooo!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 03-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
Doc Rivers good as gone if they're not DEEEEEEP in playoffs

(my best impersonation of Magic Johnson Captain Obvious tweets)
Why do you believe Rivers will be gone? Utah is having an excellent season.

However, imo going deep in the playoffs for them is improbable with powers like the Warriors and Spurs to deal with.

The Jazz may well win the first round if they hold the 4th seed. Even if they do, beating the LAC, OKC, or Memphis is no sure thing. But if they do prevail, they will probably draw GS or SA in the West semis.

They will most likely have to defeat both of those teams to make the NBA finals, a very tall order for any team.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Why do you believe Rivers will be gone? Utah is having an excellent season.

However, imo going deep in the playoffs for them is improbable with powers like the Warriors and Spurs to deal with.

The Jazz may well win the first round if they hold the 4th seed. Even if they do, beating the LAC, OKC, or Memphis is no sure thing. But if they do prevail, they will probably draw GS or SA in the West semis.

They will most likely have to defeat both of those teams to make the NBA finals, a very tall order for any team.
because he's in waaay over his head as a GM/VP of basketball. He couldnt get the job done, and he's missed his window and he's probably gonna miss out on his own players like Griffin. I dont see him accepting a demotion to just HC and giving up roster control. So the only way is to let him go, or stay being the damn clippers and get clipped every year.

IMHO Clippers on paper should be able to do as much damage as Rockets, and should have for the past 4 years. They just couldnt do it

Old 03-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Veteran

Quote:
because he's in waaay over his head as a GM/VP of basketball. He couldnt get the job done, and he's missed his window and he's probably gonna miss out on his own players like Griffin. I dont see him accepting a demotion to just HC and giving up roster control. So the only way is to let him go, or stay being the damn clippers and get clipped every year.

IMHO Clippers on paper should be able to do as much damage as Rockets, and should have for the past 4 years. They just couldnt do it
Excuse my error. I connected the two parts of your post, Rivers and Utah, when they were separate.

You probably know him and his overall positions performance in LA better than I do, I just see the on-court results. The Clippers don't appear to have progressed as well as they hoped. A good team still, but their window may be gone.

I frankly only see the Warriors or Spurs emerging from the West. One team, the Rockets, I believe can possibly change that, but no other West team.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Excuse my error. I connected the two parts of your post, Rivers and Utah, when they were separate.

You probably know him and his overall positions performance in LA better than I do, I just see the on-court results. The Clippers don't appear to have progressed as well as they hoped. A good team still, but their window may be gone.

I frankly only see the Warriors or Spurs emerging from the West. One team, the Rockets, I believe can possibly change that, but no other West team.
i cannot disagree. however, i think blazers, rockets can have an effect on the over all run of both spurs and warriors. i think these are going to be exhausting 7 game series. LeBron again gets a completely exhausted team for the finals, and wins

Old 03-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Jazz 97

Pistons 83

Great road win. Choo choooo!!
Tom, you got quiet after your boys hit the small 3 game losing skid. Don't be too concerned; the Jazz are at home against the dreadful, awful Knicks. Utah should have no problem dispatching them.

Your team is just a 1/2 game ahead of the LAC, 2 games up on OKC, 3 on Memphis. The Jazz have to get back to consistent winning to hold the 4th seed, and avoid the Big Three of the West, at least in the first round.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:

+1. And a few other more reasons why doc needs to go if they don't make some serious noise in the playoffs.

p.s. How 'bout we send Chris Paul to the Lakers finally, for a couple of your young'ens?

Old 03-23-2017, 08:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
+1. And a few other more reasons why doc needs to go if they don't make some serious noise in the playoffs.

p.s. How 'bout we send Chris Paul to the Lakers finally, for a couple of your young'ens?
take all the youngs we got. they're all useless.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:06 AM
THE END IS NEAR :(

looks like westbrook just secured that mvp after what he did yesterday with the record and buzzer beater knocking out Denver playoff hopes...and the lakers 4 in the row, the hell...condolenses to dlo but still wished he missed that shot...

Closed Thread