Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
Long time member of the UT Forum...all the way back to when it first started up. There is still a lot of hate going on over there. You can no longer have a viable thread without a few individuals bringing in the anti Spanos rhetoric, acting like they would love it if the Chargers fail...

I know it's hard, and hate the Spanos if you wish...but there are a lot of football fans out there who will rarely, if ever, be in a position, geographically or financially, to see their favorite football team play live...even once.

I'm surrounded by a sea of Bears fans who live 3 hours from the stadium, but are fanatical about their team. Why can't native San Diegans remember that the Chargers can always be theirs, even if they are playing 90 minutes up the road?

Hate the Spanos, but love the Chargers....I think that's what I'm seeing round here, so glad I transferred my flag, and look forward to cheering, discussing, debating, and decrying the state of our favorite NFL club for years to come.
Glad to see you here! Ex- UT posters and new LAC fans, Welcome!
Let's have some fun talking Chargers!
Old 03-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
Long time member of the UT Forum...all the way back to when it first started up. There is still a lot of hate going on over there. You can no longer have a viable thread without a few individuals bringing in the anti Spanos rhetoric, acting like they would love it if the Chargers fail...

I know it's hard, and hate the Spanos if you wish...but there are a lot of football fans out there who will rarely, if ever, be in a position, geographically or financially, to see their favorite football team play live...even once.

I'm surrounded by a sea of Bears fans who live 3 hours from the stadium, but are fanatical about their team. Why can't native San Diegans remember that the Chargers can always be theirs, even if they are playing 90 minutes up the road?

Hate the Spanos, but love the Chargers....I think that's what I'm seeing round here, so glad I transferred my flag, and look forward to cheering, discussing, debating, and decrying the state of our favorite NFL club for years to come.
Welcome.

I'm a transplant from the forum, as well. I still post there sparingly, but it's not fun anymore. Too much bitterness. I understand it to a certain extent and feel like it's not my place to question things too much; but once they start sounding off on those who DO decide to follow them still, that's when it ticks me off.

Anyway, GO BOLTS! And glad to see you on here...
Old 03-28-2017, 11:52 PM
Rookie

Bolt New here

New to the forum but not to San Diego! Born and raised,and charger fan no matter where they are located. I have come here for years to get the best football news and its time I start posting too! Go bolts!
3-T. Moton OT WMU
4-D. King CB Iowa
5-C. Williams WR Grambling
Old 03-29-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONEtotheBONE View Post
New to the forum but not to San Diego! Born and raised,and charger fan no matter where they are located. I have come here for years to get the best football news and its time I start posting too! Go bolts!
Welcome RONE.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Rookie

Hi,

I am another Canadian poster posting from the far north near Toronto. Have been a big fan since the Fouts era. I have enjoyed posting and reading all the input on the various boards and was on the UT forums since 2004. Kept the same name and avatar for the other UT refugees here.

The move to LA was sad and I feel for SD and its fans. Like others mentioned, there was some negativity w lots of blame going around. It was the main topic focus for a long time and I could understand the frustration.

I don't see as much activity over there anymore. Many of the best posters, mods etc are still there but I think it is a sore spot and unfortunately they may even wind up that section of their boards.

I am still a big fan though regardless. Looking forward to reading and interchanging views w the posters here now as well.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:45 AM
Moderator of Delusions

Welcome our new friend from the North. Ever been to Red deer?
Thanks for signing up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn bolt View Post
Hi,

I am another Canadian poster posting from the far north near Toronto. Have been a big fan since the Fouts era. I have enjoyed posting and reading all the input on the various boards and was on the UT forums since 2004. Kept the same name and avatar for the other UT refugees here.

The move to LA was sad and I feel for SD and its fans. Like others mentioned, there was some negativity w lots of blame going around. It was the main topic focus for a long time and I could understand the frustration.

I don't see as much activity over there anymore. Many of the best posters, mods etc are still there but I think it is a sore spot and unfortunately they may even wind up that section of their boards.

I am still a big fan though regardless. Looking forward to reading and interchanging views w the posters here now as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Thanks for signing up.

Welcome Cdn Bolt......

Toronto eh, bet you are happy with the play from the Leafs. Looking like the kids will see some PO action.

TB.....really, going to suck him into the Red Deer vaca so early ? Ha Ha

Cdn Bolt.....Cabo, and Red Deer to an extent, have become the inside joke on where the Mods send a poster when they are suspended from the CMB for indiscretions.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Thanks for signing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Welcome Cdn Bolt......

Toronto eh, bet you are happy with the play from the Leafs. Looking like the kids will see some PO action.

TB.....really, going to suck him into the Red Deer vaca so early ? Ha Ha

Cdn Bolt.....Cabo, and Red Deer to an extent, have become the inside joke on where the Mods send a poster when they are suspended from the CMB for indiscretions.
Hi and thanks. Like me you are probably the only Charger fan in your Cdn city. Have to visit forums in CA to find other Cdn fans lol. Not a big hockey fan but glad to see they are on the right track after a huge reorg. Will try and behave though Red Deer isn't so bad.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn bolt View Post
Hi and thanks. Like me you are probably the only Charger fan in your Cdn city. Have to visit forums in CA to find other Cdn fans lol. Not a big hockey fan but glad to see they are on the right track after a huge reorg. Will try and behave though Red Deer isn't so bad.
Actually, I have quite a few Bolts fans around me daily.

Not a big Ice Hockey fan....ummm, that is not good. Perhaps you just need the right team, might I suggest the Montreal Canadiens.

Red Deer is awesome, as is Cabo, in real life.

I doubt you will ever have any issues on here, as those of us from the north are very polite to everyone.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-29-2017, 02:11 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Actually, I have quite a few Bolts fans around me daily.

Not a big Ice Hockey fan....ummm, that is not good. Perhaps you just need the right team, might I suggest the Montreal Canadiens.

Red Deer is awesome, as is Cabo, in real life.

I doubt you will ever have any issues on here, as those of us from the north are very polite to everyone.
He's so polite CT calls him the exalted one. You are in good company. Though not being a hockey fan is troublesome. Not for me mind you... I thought Disc was polite cause he got hit on the head one too many times while in the crease, so we'll have to see.

Anyway welcome again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.