Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 3 8.57%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 5.71%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 2.86%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 20.00%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 9 25.71%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 17.14%
Free trips to Cabo 4 11.43%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 8.57%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Bolt, my deceased father in law was a fiddle player for 32 years with Archie Campbell of "Hee Haw" fame...He played everywhere throughout the south...He was a real life version of the song "Cherokee Fiddle."

Some of his jokes he would tell on stage was the difference between a violin and a fiddle was a violin was a noun and a fiddle was a verb...He would then burst into Orange Blossom Special, or Cotton Eye Joe...He would say his chin wasn't long enough to hold a violin, so he played the fiddle down low on his arm....Another great one was he tried playing the violin first, but his sheet music kept blowing away from the wind created by his foot stompins...

Many nights at their house, Nashville country stars would just "drop by" when they were in the neighborhood, for some pickin and grinnin...Some times they played till dawn...Since I had no musical talent, I was regulated to making the Jack and Coke refreshments for everyone...

One time a neighbor called the law on us for being too loud...The deputy was a country fan and when he saw who was there just a pickin and pluckin (Conway) he asked to sort of join in...He wasn't bad...

The deputy sent me over to the neighbor to bring them over and enjoy the sounds....The neighbor came over and saw the stars and stayed the night with us...

My bride plays the song "Cherokee Fiddle" on each anniversary of her daddy's passing....She loved her daddy...We put his fiddle in his casket with him. Just in case the good Lord wanted to hear some good fiddle playing too.
That is a cool story. That story makes me want to start again . It sound like your father in law and I would have a lot of fun together. I too rarely put my chin on the violin. I think once I finish paying off my wedding (almost done!), I'm going to reward myself and buy a brand new violin to start up again.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
That is a cool story...
I didn't read the story, but just wanted to warn you, not to believe everything you read. Especially when it's a "story"

Carry on

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-23-2017, 06:59 PM

Old 03-01-2017, 09:45 PM

I am not making this up. Score at Viejas Arena with 11:31 left IN THE FREAKING GAME: SDSU 27, Air Force 27. Teams shooting combined 22.8%.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Guys, while I was an outcast here
^ stopped reading here, as clearly it was about something that was in the past, and I'm not the type to live in the past.

I'm sure it was a cool story though, bro...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 03-03-2017, 08:04 PM

Old 03-05-2017, 10:41 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
chop the event was just a couple of months ago...It is still going through the court system now, so it is also current events...

My lawyer said I could mention it now, because the depositions have already been taken...

Great idea for you chop...You can report on it at your next current event section at your school...Be sure to stand tall and straight son before your classmates.

CT that made me laugh out loud...I've always been a fan of Fire Marshall Bill...

I almost had a Viking's funeral that day...
If any of this at all were true . . . . I'd say fire your lawyer.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:43 PM
<< . . . . . . .

OMM -- Goo's gone. Morbid having the main OMM thread bearing his name.

Perry should start a new one.

(And with the traffic nowadays, it'll be a long, long, time before Perry has to start his second . . . .)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:27 AM

Turning 21 today, I hope everyone is having a good time. Time really does fly.