Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: what is on my mind
Are my arms long enough??? 3 8.57%
Telesco. Put me in at Safety 2 5.71%
I'm still waiting for my Chill Pills from Ticketmaster 1 2.86%
When are we getting new smiley emoticons??? 7 20.00%
The good 'ol days is on my mind 9 25.71%
Bacon is better than Ham 6 17.14%
Free trips to Cabo 4 11.43%
Im doing the ice bucket challenge 0 0%
What is PFF's grade for this thread??? 3 8.57%
I'm still thinking about TPVG. 5 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
This was never proven...Peyton said the prescription was for his wife and she never denied it....Should not accuse an innocent man.

So far Eli has been accused, not convicted of anything....In this land, innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land....

I rest my case....
"Should not accuse an 'innocent" man'??? "Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land???"

The law of the land is "presumed innocent until proven guilty". Big difference.

There is certainly more than a mere possibility that Manning is "guilty" of ordering PEDs as opposed to his non-athlete wife, but it can't be proven. Therefore, Manning is presumed innocent under the law, not innocent. The very high bar to prove guilt in a criminal matter has to do with taking away somebody's freedom by jailing them; otherwise, you use the lower civil court evidentiary standard of "more likely than not" when it comes to monetary damages.

However, the court of public opinion is a different animal, whether it be OJ Simpson & Aaron Hernandez (following the not guilty verdict due to the jury not knowing beyond a reasonable doubt whether Hernandez or his former friend pulled the trigger) or public figures such as Peyton Manning & Eli Manning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JoeMcRugby; 04-15-2017 at 05:17 PM..
Old 04-15-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
This was never proven...Peyton said the prescription was for his wife and she never denied it....Should not accuse an innocent man.

So far Eli has been accused, not convicted of anything....In this land, innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land....

I rest my case....
It was never proven, because there was no party that had significant interest in proving it.

If you think for a second, that the NFL was gonna put another strike to their legacy, by proving their other golden boy to be a cheater as well, than LOL@U

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 04-15-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
hmm.. seems like the mannings have an issue with integrity.
^ nothing new

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 04-15-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Was Peyton ever convicted of ordering Human Growth Hormones? The answer is no! Therefore he is an innocent man, unjustly accused....Case closed!

Eli has been accused of unfair marketing tactics, but is innocent, unless proven guilty...
Good point.

On that note, Gametime was never convicted of writing bogus stories, therefore all of his posts are to considered true until proven otherwise in the court of law...

Old 04-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Was Peyton ever convicted of ordering Human Growth Hormones? The answer is no! Therefore he is an innocent man, unjustly accused....Case closed!

Eli has been accused of unfair marketing tactics, but is innocent, unless proven guilty...
He is not "innocent" because he hasn't been convicted of ordering HGH.

If he is factually innocent, you can factually prove it. I'll be waiting patiently for your evidence of his factual innocence (and I'll help you a little bit - his wife saying that it was her HGH is not factual evidence of innocence).

Peyton's a con man, just like the deceased fella in the photo.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:58 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Archie ... scam artist.

Peyton ... scam artist.

Eli ... scam artist.

I'm sensing a pattern.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 04-16-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
And of course, scumbag Archie taught them how to lie, cheat and steal.
Agreed.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Peyton.....A classless man

Eli....classlessness runs in the family.
Nailed it.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:09 PM

Nope. Definitely not.

I'm way too immature for another of your fables, er I mean, stories.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Nope. Definitely not.

I'm way too immature for another of your fables, er I mean, stories.
Quoted for truth. Chargertom is too immature