Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-03-2015, 09:43 AM
ktmjim ktmjim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
Defenses wont know who to cover
They will just employ the Warhammer defense so everyone will be covered.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Kemp17's Avatar
Kemp17 Kemp17 is offline
Green text is the worst
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bitterroot Valley
Posts: 25,579
Default

Woodhead's prowess as a receiver is largely due to being a running back and the matchups that the position entails. Moving him would be counter productive.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-03-2015, 10:14 AM
dtm's Avatar
dtm dtm is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: orange
Posts: 4,529
Default

woodhead as TE2? LOL
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-03-2015, 10:19 AM
AFboltfan's Avatar
AFboltfan AFboltfan is offline
Forever San Diego
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Balboa Park bench
Posts: 7,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Woodhead's prowess as a receiver is largely due to being a running back and the matchups that the position entails. Moving him would be counter productive.
/thread

10 char
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-03-2015, 10:25 AM
florida SD fan florida SD fan is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: panama city
Posts: 3,410
Default

Woodhead was lined up as a Slot/TE position several times with no one in backfield against GB. He caught all passes with 5+ yards. It also gave Rivers more room to run for it. He played more blocking RB than running the ball in that game.

With a better OL Woodhead could transition more time to WR. He even played outside.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-03-2015, 10:45 AM
florida SD fan florida SD fan is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: panama city
Posts: 3,410
Default

Who has the most yards after the catchin the NFL? J. Jones... No, Woodhead does.

What I like is having him on the field more, Oliver looked good blocking in backfield and Green has been in inconsistent. I could see a lot more screen plays.

Last edited by florida SD fan; 12-03-2015 at 10:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:22 AM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
Learn to THINK
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 19,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
Who has the most yards after the catch in the NFL? J. Jones... No, Woodhead does.
And that's exactly the sort of thing we need to put a lid on if we're going to compete with the Browns, Cowboys, Titans, 49'ers for the coveted top 3 picks.

Move the man, TT! (to TE).
__________________
Costa Mesa Ain't Playin . . . . .





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Kemp17's Avatar
Kemp17 Kemp17 is offline
Green text is the worst
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bitterroot Valley
Posts: 25,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
Woodhead was lined up as a Slot/TE position several times with no one in backfield against GB. He caught all passes with 5+ yards. It also gave Rivers more room to run for it. He played more blocking RB than running the ball in that game.

With a better OL Woodhead could transition more time to WR. He even played outside.
But the fact that he starts as a RB and then splits out dictates matchups. The act of actually splitting him out also forces defenses to show their hand on many occasions. If he transitioned to just straight up being a slot receiver, he'd get covered by slot corners. That's not what we want. Don't mess with a good thing.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-03-2015, 12:28 PM
florida SD fan florida SD fan is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: panama city
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
But the fact that he starts as a RB and then splits out dictates matchups. The act of actually splitting him out also forces defenses to show their hand on many occasions. If he transitioned to just straight up being a slot receiver, he'd get covered by slot corners. That's not what we want. Don't mess with a good thing.
That should put everyone one on one. What I saw against GB looked good. That could be some great plays to save for playoffs" next year. I think MM and FR could be starting to think out of the box.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Kemp17's Avatar
Kemp17 Kemp17 is offline
Green text is the worst
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bitterroot Valley
Posts: 25,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
That should put everyone one on one. What I saw against GB looked good. That could be some great plays to save for playoffs" next year. I think MM and FR could be starting to think out of the box.
Putting Woodhead at WR doesn't change the number of defenders on the field.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.