Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Your opinion is as valid as any on the CMB. I wouldn't rank you over the paid draft analysts & coaches. We know the analysts and the Chargers GM & scouts hold Tuerk in relatively high esteem as an NFL C prospect. It remains to be seen what the Chargers coaching staff think when OTAs, mini camp and TC get going. We can be sure Tuerk will get his shot. Whether or not he will win the job?
We'll see.
Im hoping for our Dak prescott (3rd rounder) at center...
Old 03-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
OK, here's our running backs.

1. Melvin Gordon. Workhorse. 3 downs. Receiver.
2. Kenneth Farrow. First backup. No deep speed but hands, pass pro, size are a plus.
3. Andre Williams. Power runner. Short yardage. Completely deficient in passing game.
4. Derek Watt. Fullback. Undersized. No elite traits. Decent role player.

No one is saying Fournette is not a top 10 pick, but where exactly does he fit ?
There are round seven running backs in this draft.

Missing ? Woodhead type. See woodMock v7.3 ...
Id rather give up our second this year and a second next year to move up and grab Mccaffrey at Pick #20 where hes projected to go than draft fournette.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
You could also say that Okung has proven he can play at a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl winning level. Your call.
Did you actually break that game down or are you just giving him credit for being on a good team? I mean technically Peyton Manning played at a SB winning level in his last game, yet I don't think that anyone would be gushing over his input to that game.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
Minus the concussions....
Well, to be fair, he was taken to the hospital in an ambulance following our game with them last year for 'concussion like' symptoms. And would have missed the following game had it not been before their bye week.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:51 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
OK, here's our running backs.

1. Melvin Gordon. Workhorse. 3 downs. Receiver.
2. Kenneth Farrow. First backup. No deep speed but hands, pass pro, size are a plus.
3. Andre Williams. Power runner. Short yardage. Completely deficient in passing game.
4. Derek Watt. Fullback. Undersized. No elite traits. Decent role player.

No one is saying Fournette is not a top 10 pick, but where exactly does he fit ?
There are round seven running backs in this draft.

Missing ? Woodhead type. See woodMock v7.3 ...
I am. I think that both Cook and Mixon will be better NFL RB's.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:54 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Id rather give up our second this year and a second next year to move up and grab Mccaffrey at Pick #20 where hes projected to go than draft fournette.
I would lose my mind if TT did something like that, however I do feel that McCaffrey would have a bigger impact, as he could fill roles that we don't have covered as of yet, ie 3rd down RB, PR/KR returner.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I can assure you if that trade was made, McCaffrey wouldn't be the pick.....and if he was, someone needs to be fired.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
Not sure why his draft spot is being brought up since it has zero to do with anything pertaining to actual talent. Okung has proven by his play thus far to be a mediocre LT at best and is basically a lateral move from Dunlap.
How many Pro Bowls has Dunlap been to? How many Super Bowls has Dunlap played in? How many rings does he have? Okung at least has been to the top of the mountain and won it all. There is something to be said for experience. He had a down year in Denver, no doubt about it, but the Broncos were interested in bringing him back and other teams were interested as well. Pretty sure the Chargers don't think it was a lateral move or they would have just paid Dunlap his roster bonus and kept him at LT instead of giving Dunlap $25 million guaranteed.

Your attitude obviously is that your opinion is the only valid one and any other lines of thought or opinions are pointless or ridiculous.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
I am. I think that both Cook and Mixon will be better NFL RB's.
Mc Caffrey ?
Old 03-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
How many Pro Bowls has Dunlap been to? How many Super Bowls has Dunlap played in? How many rings does he have? Okung at least has been to the top of the mountain and won it all. There is something to be said for experience. He had a down year in Denver, no doubt about it, but the Broncos were interested in bringing him back and other teams were interested as well. Pretty sure the Chargers don't think it was a lateral move or they would have just paid Dunlap his roster bonus and kept him at LT instead of giving Dunlap $25 million guaranteed.

Your attitude obviously is that your opinion is the only valid one and any other lines of thought or opinions are pointless or ridiculous.
1)1 less than Okung. And honestly, he played every bit as good as Okung did the year (2014) he won the popularity contest.

2) Do I need to name all of the horrible starters in the league with rings or can we just let that ridiculous argument rest?

3) He also had down years in Seattle, why do you think he was able to even get to Denver on a 'prove it' deal?

4) That's what worries me. Because according to what they paid him, they view him as the best LT, nay, the best OL in the league, which is all the more troubling considering this staffs noted inadequacies in selecting OL, whether it be FA or the draft.