Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Bolt View Post
Ok...who? Jamal Charles? Brilliant career at times, but oft injured, and unreliable when it mattered. Who else? I mean, thats who I would compare him to. Don't let the biceps fool you, MG has a leaner type frame IMO. I'm a big fan of the kid, but odds are he won't be a three down feature back for more than a few years before the injury bug starts to nibble at his quality starts...unless we get this line playing way better. But that isn't gonna happen, IMO, with an influx of rookies from this draft.

I guess it comes down to how high you rate LF. If you think he is gonna be the next Zeke Elliot, and I do, and he is rated much higher than anybody else left when we pick...then I say you take him.
I'll go with Adrian Peterson, your turn to give me a 6' 240lber who has had a long prosperous career. Preferably in the modern era.

Combine measurements

Gordon 6' 1" 215
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...don?id=2552469
Peterson 6'1" 217
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=7759

BTW, Charles is 2 inches shorter and 16lbs lighter.

And answer me this, which guy missed more games in college?
Old 03-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Ok...who? Jamal Charles? Brilliant career at times, but oft injured, and unreliable when it mattered. Who else? I mean, thats who I would compare him to. Don't let the biceps fool you, MG has a leaner type frame IMO. I'm a big fan of the kid, but odds are he won't be a three down feature back for more than a few years before the injury bug starts to nibble at his quality starts...unless we get this line playing way better. But that isn't gonna happen, IMO, with an influx of rookies from this draft.

I guess it comes down to how high you rate LF. If you think he is gonna be the next Zeke Elliot, and I do, and he is rated much higher than anybody else left when we pick...then I say you take him.
Adrian Peterson, Lesean McCoy, Demarco Murray, Jamal Charles, and Chris Johnson each weigh about the same or less than Gordon and they've all put together long and productive careers.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
The playmaker who jumps out at me, based upon study of video, is Corey Davis.
Agreed. He's going to be a stud.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:50 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
Adrian Peterson, Lesean McCoy, Demarco Murray, Jamal Charles, and Chris Johnson each weigh about the same or less than Gordon and they've all put together long and productive careers.
McCoy and Charles both have had injury issues...great when healthy, but inconvenient when they went down. Murray has benefited from good line play, see how he dropped off in Philly, and MG is no Adrian Peterson.

Missing the point anyway....take a crappie lineman or a TE we don't need, when we could take a RB, who by most accounts, could be exceptional, and pair him with MG? I think it's something you have to consider. Gordon has already had microfracture surgery for chrissakes, you think he is a lock for the next ten years?

You can't improve the oline talent much this year, imo, FA or draft, and if all the best defenders are gone, why not double down on a dynamic 2 back attack, rather than have Gordon beat himself to death all year long....?

Thought about him in the third....
Screamed for him in the fourth...
Whooped when we stole him in the fifth...
My 2017 adopted bolt.....
Desmond King DB
Old 03-16-2017, 06:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
McCoy and Charles both have had injury issues...great when healthy, but inconvenient when they went down. Murray has benefited from good line play, see how he dropped off in Philly, and MG is no Adrian Peterson.

Missing the point anyway....take a crappie lineman or a TE we don't need, when we could take a RB, who by most accounts, could be exceptional, and pair him with MG? I think it's something you have to consider. Gordon has already had microfracture surgery for chrissakes, you think he is a lock for the next ten years?

You can't improve the oline talent much this year, imo, FA or draft, and if all the best defenders are gone, why not double down on a dynamic 2 back attack, rather than have Gordon beat himself to death all year long....?

The simple response is 'all the best defenders' will not be gone. The much more complex answer is until TT has been successful in addressing o-line deficiencies, doubling up on RB is a poor investment. If using the 7th overall pick on an offence player, it will most likely (and wisely) be a WR (Williams, Davis) or TE (Howard).

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-16-2017, 08:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
The simple response is 'all the best defenders' will not be gone. The much more complex answer is until TT has been successful in addressing o-line deficiencies, doubling up on RB is a poor investment. If using the 7th overall pick on an offence player, it will most likely (and wisely) be a WR (Williams, Davis) or TE (Howard).
Well, your probably right about a player we want and need being available when we pick, so this debate is probably pointless, but as to Howard, not sure if we go that way with Henry on our team. I guess I don't give Williams, Davis, and others much consideration, cause I'm hoping we take my secret man crush, Cooper Kupp, in the second.

But as to the point of this thread, just can't get on board with a quality addition to our unit this draft. At least not tackle, barring some trade scenario that puts us picking in the later half of the first. Maybe some guys later in the draft that can be counted on a year or two down the road.

Thought about him in the third....
Screamed for him in the fourth...
Whooped when we stole him in the fifth...
My 2017 adopted bolt.....
Desmond King DB
Old 03-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Forrest Lamp is a clean prospect.
He has been ranked as high as 14.
We could take him at 7
and plug him in at ORG
Day one starter
And emergency OT.

Ramczyk has not even had his
medical reevaluation yet,
where it is determined
how much he has progressed between
Indy and almost Draft Day.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Well, your probably right about a player we want and need being available when we pick, so this debate is probably pointless, but as to Howard, not sure if we go that way with Henry on our team. I guess I don't give Williams, Davis, and others much consideration, cause I'm hoping we take my secret man crush, Cooper Kupp, in the second.

But as to the point of this thread, just can't get on board with a quality addition to our unit this draft. At least not tackle, barring some trade scenario that puts us picking in the later half of the first. Maybe some guys later in the draft that can be counted on a year or two down the road.
Hunter and Howard would make for a challenge to every defence.

Kupp in the 2nd isn't likely, as my thought is OL will be the choice.

Taking any OL player with 7th overall pick would be stunningly stupid. My thought is defence will add a great player.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Forrest Lamp is a clean prospect.
We could take him at 7
and plug him in at ORG
Day one starter
And emergency OT.

Ramczyk has not even had his
medical reevaluation yet,
where it is determined
how much he has progressed between
Indy and almost Draft Day.
Glass hips sink ships
Hard pass on reaching for Ramczyk
IR is full up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Glass hips sink ships
Hard pass on reaching for Ramczyk
IR is full up.
Save your Limericks for the Leprechauns.

We're drafting Ross-
or is he too fast forya ?