Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Certainly not. Still probably not a guy that you help yourself by giving a bunch of money to.
Ya I'm really curious what kind of contract he is going to demand.

He shows flashes, but he's nowhere near consistent enough to give a marquee deal to.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
Ya I'm really curious what kind of contract he is going to demand.

He shows flashes, but he's nowhere near consistent enough to give a marquee deal to.
I would need to go back and look to make sure, but my recollection is that he takes advantage of lousy tackles and doesn't really produce against good players.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Green text is the worst

You also read things from reporters that indicate that he has matured into the leader and worker that the team hoped.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Certainly not. Still probably not a guy that you help yourself by giving a bunch of money to.
Honestly the best option would be to see what he does this year and what kind of contract he demands.

That said, I think he's been more impressive than Attaochu, who has been more of a disappointment to me.

Why the Saints?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I would need to go back and look to make sure, but my recollection is that he takes advantage of lousy tackles and doesn't really produce against good players.
That seems right. He'll just be invisible for 99% of a game and make a couple plas that are amazing.

Not sure that's the type you build a defense around. Nice to have sure, but Von Miller he is not.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:53 PM

In both his and Attachou's defense they have a dumpster fire DL in front of them.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Green text is the worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicsgeek View Post
Honestly the best option would be to see what he does this year and what kind of contract he demands.

That said, I think he's been more impressive than Attaochu, who has been more of a disappointment to me.
Really? Attaochu had as many sacks in 2015, his second year (6), as Ingram managed in his first three years combined.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Really? Attaochu had as many sacks in 2015, his second year (6), as Ingram managed in his first three years combined.
Meh. One is a big disappointment, the other has been largely disappointing. Six in one, half a dozen in the other.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootMonkey View Post
That seems right. He'll just be invisible for 99% of a game and make a couple plas that are amazing.

Not sure that's the type you build a defense around. Nice to have sure, but Von Miller he is not.
Interesting comment...

Von only had 30 solo tackles to go with 11 sacks and no passes defensed in 2015. He pretty much epitomizes your comment about Ingram... who on the other hand had 52 solo tackles to go with 10.5 sacks, plus threw in 6 defensed passes.

As we both know the numbers don't tell the whole story - but they are interesting in this case based on the comment.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBoltsFan View Post
Interesting comment...

Von only had 30 solo tackles to go with 11 sacks and no passes defensed in 2015. He pretty much epitomizes your comment about Ingram... who on the other hand had 52 solo tackles to go with 10.5 sacks, plus threw in 6 defensed passes.

As we both know the numbers don't tell the whole story - but they are interesting in this case based on the comment.
Ya he's a good player. I never said otherwise, but you don't need stats to see that Miller is a better player. Just watch the games.

Hopefully Telesco decides that having a good DL might be a good idea this year so we can see how Ingram plays with actual good players around him.

What kind of contract would you offer him right now?