Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1671  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:20 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is online now
LAme
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,704
Default

You guys are insane.

Do you know that PR has the worst OL in the league and he lost it starting WRs for the whole year?

Also, PR threw 15 Ints to Williams which was tied for the most of any QB-WR combo. Many of those were William's fault. If not for those, PR's QBR would have been 20 points higher.
__________________
2018 Mock Draft v1.0

1. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
2. T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
3. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
4. Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU
5. Folorunso Fatukasi, NT, UConn
6-7. BPA
Reply With Quote
  #1672  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:26 PM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 13,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
FYI - David Jeremiah has the Bolts taking Watson as the first QB picked in this draft.
Bolts have a franchise QB....hence they do not need a QB.


I like Trubisky, but I am trolling you all when I say the Bolts should take him.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #1673  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 PM
daygobrett's Avatar
daygobrett daygobrett is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posts: 1,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
You guys are insane.

Do you know that PR has the worst OL in the league and he lost it starting WRs for the whole year?

Also, PR threw 15 Ints to Williams which was tied for the most of any QB-WR combo. Many of those were William's fault. If not for those, PR's QBR would have been 20 points higher.
Im just trying to think outside the box here and entertain you all and myself until the draft. If we really traded him, then i hope we get a first for him and find a solid rookie to fill his shoes. If he stays, then I hope our Oline improves and our first three picks are day 1 starters.
Reply With Quote
  #1674  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:30 PM
daygobrett's Avatar
daygobrett daygobrett is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posts: 1,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
I don't think they will be able to bait a team into giving up a second rounder for him with options like Romo, Cousins, and Garropolo on the market.
Id argue that Rivers > Romo (who is one hit away from retirement), Cousins(maybe the best of the 3 and has fresh legs), Garropolo(system QB, well coached, unproven)
Reply With Quote
  #1675  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:35 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is online now
LAme
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
Im just trying to think outside the box here and entertain you all and myself until the draft. If we really traded him, then i hope we get a first for him and find a solid rookie to fill his shoes. If he stays, then I hope our Oline improves and our first three picks are day 1 starters.
Ah ok I misunderstood. Yes, hypothetically if he is traded it should be for a lot... at least a 1st round pick.
__________________
2018 Mock Draft v1.0

1. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
2. T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
3. Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
4. Rashaad Penny, RB, SDSU
5. Folorunso Fatukasi, NT, UConn
6-7. BPA
Reply With Quote
  #1676  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Padres15's Avatar
Padres15 Padres15 is offline
.....
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nonya
Posts: 2,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
You guys are insane.
Rivers will be 36 this season playing on a team with holes all across the depth chart. It's not like this team is a piece or two away from a ring. I don't think it is crazy to consider finding a QB he can groom for a year or two or three.
Reply With Quote
  #1677  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:07 AM
LetsGoBolts's Avatar
LetsGoBolts LetsGoBolts is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Hawthorne
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
As usual, these draft analysts are forced to "create change" in their big board to come up with a "new" mock draft scenario.

DJ is just being contrarian for the sake of clicks. I don't think he actually believes the Chargers would or should go QB at 7.
I agree 100%.
__________________
LGB's 2018 NFL Mock Draft v2

Round 1: OT Mike McGlinchey (Notre Dame)

Round 2: LB Malik Jefferson (Texas)

Round 3: NT Harrison Phillips (Stanford)

Round 4: RB Josh Adams (Notre Dame)

Round 5: FS Marcus Allen (Penn St)

Round 6: PK Daniel Carlson (Auburn)

Round 7: DT Kahlil McKenzie (Tennessee)
Reply With Quote
  #1678  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:31 AM
Daygoboy6191 Daygoboy6191 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
Using one pick isn't exactly throwing in the towel.
Rivers probably won't bring back much in a trade. I think keeping Rivers and letting him mentor the young QB, while still providing a glimpse of hope for the upcoming season, is more valuable than the return they'd receive in a trade. Sitting behind a guy like Rivers would go a long ways in developing a QB that will have very limited experience playing under center and reading defenses.
It is when you are using the 7th overall pick in the draft, and there's plenty of other holes to fill on this team.

Just curious how long you plan on keeping Rivers here? 3 more years while your QB is learning behind him?

By that time he will have 1 more year under his rookie deal, and an extra if you pickup his 5th year option which is a huge jump in the cap.

Teams who are able to build and develop their team are teams who are able to utilize the rookie contract, and under this situation how much of it are you going to actually utilize?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1679  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:36 AM
daygobrett's Avatar
daygobrett daygobrett is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posts: 1,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daygoboy6191 View Post
It is when you are using the 7th overall pick in the draft, and there's plenty of other holes to fill on this team.

Just curious how long you plan on keeping Rivers here? 3 more years while your QB is learning behind him?

By that time he will have 1 more year under his rookie deal, and an extra if you pickup his 5th year option which is a huge jump in the cap.

Teams who are able to build and develop their team are teams who are able to utilize the rookie contract, and under this situation how much of it are you going to actually utilize?
Solid point....like the raidars hit gold on Carr, or Dak in dallas. (who i actually think is highly overrated), but both playing for a lot less than someone not on a rookie contract!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1680  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:53 AM
Chargeroo's Avatar
Chargeroo Chargeroo is offline
First member of the board
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Salem
Posts: 29,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Bolts have a franchise QB....hence they do not need a QB.


I like Trubisky, but I am trolling you all when I say the Bolts should take him.
I agree PR is still a way above average QB. Also, for those wanting to trade him, he has a no trade clause in his contract. He could wave that if he wanted to but he seems to think this team is close to being a playoff team again so he likely won't wave that.

But, if they believe one these QB's is the right man to replace him in a year or two, they could surprise us as Jeremiah predicts.
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.