Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2016, 08:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Special Teams

Can we talk a little bit about the train wreck that is our special teams. Can argue that they cost us 2 games and almost cost us this one. 2 special teams fumbles? I would take last years 6 punt return yards as long as we held onto the ball.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpike11 View Post
Can we talk a little bit about the train wreck that is our special teams. Can argue that they cost us 2 games and almost cost us this one. 2 special teams fumbles? I would take last years 6 punt return yards as long as we held onto the ball.
Kenny Wiggins....don't touch the ball.....ever

-Mario Lopez
Old 10-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Kaser wasn't horrible this time.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:03 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Wiggins needs to go away on punts. Same with Benjamin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:12 PM
outback goon

I would bench Benjamin. Dude is playing scared.
As for Wiggins at least he was tryin. Not his fault he is not a receiver. Whyis our ST coach not putting hands team out there?
Old 10-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Veteran

They're pretty special alright.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
I would bench Benjamin. Dude is playing scared.
As for Wiggins at least he was tryin. Not his fault he is not a receiver. Whyis our ST coach not putting hands team out there?
Benjamin is our #1 wr. He shouldn't be fielding punts anyway. McCoy should've seen from game 1 he was scared to field punts. Mccluster is fine. Let him do it. What was Benjamin doing going near that ball anyway? Good grief.

-Mario Lopez
Old 10-13-2016, 09:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpike11 View Post
They are unprepared for every scenario. They have Benjamin back there who: is scared to catch the ball, has terrible hands, is afraid to get hit, and weighs 150 soaking wet.....has McCoy and the coaching staff been watching? With our pathetic blocking and returners, they should never take the ball out of the end zone,but they do.....just take it at the 25 idiots. Nobody even in the field zone to recover the onside kick today. Not prepared for short punt when Broncos were DESPERATE, where is the good hands team......and your right, ball security is paramount, forget a couple of meaningless return yds. McCoy and his staff obviously don't EMPHASIZE Ball security anywhere, and it has severely hurt this team.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abauman8 View Post
They are unprepared for every scenario. They have Benjamin back there who: is scared to catch the ball, has terrible hands, is afraid to get hit, and weighs 150 soaking wet.....has McCoy and the coaching staff been watching? With our pathetic blocking and returners, they should never take the ball out of the end zone,but they do.....just take it at the 25 idiots. Nobody even in the field zone to recover the onside kick today. Not prepared for short punt when Broncos were DESPERATE, where is the good hands team......and your right, ball security is paramount, forget a couple of meaningless return yds. McCoy and his staff obviously don't EMPHASIZE Ball security anywhere, and it has severely hurt this team.
Can't argue any of this. I can say get a different avatar. About 10 other guys have the same one.

-Mario Lopez
Old 10-13-2016, 09:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Give me a break. No one was expecting a punt by Denver to go 20 yards. They had the blocking team in front. Kudos to Denver to catch us off. Wiggins is a blocker.

As far as when McCluster replaced Benjamin, he had a great return. To the 50. Benjamin needs to stop letting the ball bounce in front of him. It has happened alot. Novak was perfect. His kickoffs were great.

The surprise of the game was Kaser. He pinned the Broncos. No shanks. He stepped up this game. Even taking some licks.

Overall grade on everything is a C+-B.