Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KritterVII View Post
Hello!

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember here in the Anaheim area. I know what it's like to lose your team to another city (Angels) but I will always support until they decide to change name and logo.
Welcome! Have a look around. Explore the different forums. If you have questions, feel free to pm any mod.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:13 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
Hello!

I've been a fan for as long as I can remember here in the Anaheim area. I know what it's like to lose your team to another city (Angels) but I will always support until they decide to change name and logo.
???????

Do you mean Rams?

Old 01-16-2017, 10:28 PM
Lost but not found

Hello again to those that I've known for a while.
Im DDevil88.
I used to post a lot, had my cult phase, then left for awhile and now after lurking for a few months Ive come back to the CMB.
Been a Chargers fan before I lived in SD (because family) after I lived in SD for over a decade, and now even after they bailed on the city.

Philosophy bachelor, with a business degree in the works as well. Currently building things in Las Vegas.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Rookie

Hello, fellow Charger fans

I'm LApunkrocker72, and I am an L.A. area native and resident. For many years, I have been a Redskins fan first and a Chargers fan second. Now that the Chargers are representing my hometown, I am now a Chargers fan first and a Redskins fan second. My dad is also a big Chargers fan.

I'm old enough to remember the Air Coryell era with Fouts, Winslow, Jefferson, Joiner and Chandler. That offense was fun to watch.

I'm already looking forward to the offseason and the 2017 season.

Go, Chargers, Go!
Old 01-17-2017, 12:54 AM
more mojo please

Hi all, I created this account the day after the Chargers cut my all time favorite player LT
I don't think I ever properly introduced myself then, and I figure with the move to LA and all, it's a fresh start for us all.
I'm proud to say I'm a native san diego-in san daygian, dieahgo-an and although the move has all but killed my dream of my hometown ever earning a championship, I'm still here and kicking.
My username stands for "san Diego Chargers superbowl victory one day" but I suppose I'll have to settle for a LAC-SBV-1D haha(weep)
I believe following a pro team is something very special and unlike any other product or service you can purchase because it requires a loving connection to an organic and evolving process
And if you're ever lucky enough to get that feeling from a team, you should stick with them through the good, bad and embarrassingly horrid tragedies like the current state of the Chargers!
Chargers heart means never surrendering hope in pursuit of the ultimate goal, a world championship.
Let the new era begin
Much love and respect to both my fellow OGSD Charger fans who chose to persevere and to any new LA charger fans on-board this little journey ahead, welcome!

Old 01-17-2017, 01:17 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Forward your friends questions to Chargerfreak.
Personal ads are the Chargerfreak's buffet. You never know what you'll get until you step up to the trays. Love personal ads. Like a box of chocolates.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LApunkrocker72 View Post
Hello, fellow Charger fans

I'm LApunkrocker72, and I am an L.A. area native and resident. For many years, I have been a Redskins fan first and a Chargers fan second. Now that the Chargers are representing my hometown, I am now a Chargers fan first and a Redskins fan second. My dad is also a big Chargers fan.

I'm old enough to remember the Air Coryell era with Fouts, Winslow, Jefferson, Joiner and Chandler. That offense was fun to watch.

I'm already looking forward to the offseason and the 2017 season.

Go, Chargers, Go!
LApunkrocker72...

Welcome ?
Exene ?
Your thoughts ?
Old 01-17-2017, 06:12 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
???????

Do you mean Rams?
When (F)art Moreno decided to rename the Angels location to Los Angeles for marketing reasons. A lot of us fans had difficulty letting that go (still kind of do), but it is what it is until a less crappy owner decides to "bring them back" to Anaheim.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
When (F)art Moreno decided to rename the Angels location to Los Angeles for marketing reasons. A lot of us fans had difficulty letting that go (still kind of do), but it is what it is until a less crappy owner decides to "bring them back" to Anaheim.
But did they ever leave Anaheim? Like, stadium wise? I'm not a Californian so I'm clueless to anything that happens over there other than Chargers.

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
Old 01-17-2017, 06:50 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
But did they ever leave Anaheim? Like, stadium wise? I'm not a Californian so I'm clueless to anything that happens over there other than Chargers.
No, a totally different (and unique to my knowledge) scenario.

The Angels deal with the City of Anaheim required that "Anaheim" be part of the team name, but it did not specifically require that the team's moniker be "Anaheim Angels".

Thus, owner Arte Moreno weaseled his way to have the team officially rebranded "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim", which is shortened to "Los Angeles Angels" in the media.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.