Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Boltup90's Avatar
Boltup90 Boltup90 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Valrico
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Explain.

Where did all the + and - stuff come from?
When you plug in the numbers into their corresponding letters, you have to find the pattern which makes sense for the box missing the number.

14 fits because when adding or subtracting horizontally, vertically and diagonally all sides leave you with the same results as the corrrsponding columns, rows and lines.
__________________
2017 Official Bolts Mock:

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-01-2017, 06:36 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is offline
LAme
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseWins View Post
Diagonal : 23+6+11 = 40
Diagonal : 20+6+? = 40, so 14
Bottom - Top, Right side : 20-11 = 9
Bottom - Top, Left side : 23 - ? = 9, so 14
Left - Right, Bottom, 23-20 = 3
Left - Right, Top : ? - 11 = 3, so 14
14 = J

Thus the to Butt's choice of J, with the answer being "every which way but loose."
Definitely cleaner than my answer... I was thinking:

Top to bottom...
Diagonal : 11 + 6x2 = 23
Diagonal : ? + 6x2 = 20
? = 8
Then clockwise...
Bottom : 20 + 6/2 = 23
Top: ? + 6/2 = 11
? = 8

8 = D
__________________
2017 Live Mock

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-01-2017, 08:59 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is online now
Learn to THINK
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 19,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
When you plug in the numbers into their corresponding letters, you have to find the pattern which makes sense for the box missing the number.

14 fits because when adding or subtracting horizontally, vertically and diagonally all sides leave you with the same results as the corrrsponding columns, rows and lines.
Except it doesn't.

There are numerous patterns and equations that potentially could have led to different solutions.

The "right" answer -- which I chose, btw -- is only the "right" answer if we are looking at diagonal addition. I did so because I couldn't find the answer to the more complex questions that were presented. (Prime numbers; increase in numbers; and a zillion other patterns).

Limited question = limited answer.
__________________
Costa Mesa Ain't Playin . . . . .





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-01-2017, 09:04 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is online now
Learn to THINK
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 19,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
Definitely cleaner than my answer... I was thinking:

Top to bottom...
Diagonal : 11 + 6x2 = 23
Diagonal : ? + 6x2 = 20
? = 8
Then clockwise...
Bottom : 20 + 6/2 = 23
Top: ? + 6/2 = 11
? = 8

8 = D
I now remember a time long, long, ago, when I availed myself of the option, on the SAT's, to appeal incorrect answers by sending to them an explanation of the alternative you chose, and why.

And they conceded every single one of them to me.
__________________
Costa Mesa Ain't Playin . . . . .





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is offline
LAme
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
I now remember a time long, long, ago, when I availed myself of the option, on the SAT's, to appeal incorrect answers by sending to them an explanation of the alternative you chose, and why.

And they conceded every single one of them to me.
That is really cool. I guess they probably got lazy with the scantrons ha!
__________________
2017 Live Mock

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-01-2017, 10:50 PM
DefenseWins's Avatar
DefenseWins DefenseWins is offline
Moderator of Insanity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: EdgeOfSeat
Posts: 30,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Except it doesn't.

There are numerous patterns and equations that potentially could have led to different solutions.

The "right" answer -- which I chose, btw -- is only the "right" answer if we are looking at diagonal addition. I did so because I couldn't find the answer to the more complex questions that were presented. (Prime numbers; increase in numbers; and a zillion other patterns).

Limited question = limited answer.
Please consider the numbers to be radians, then map the 2-D surface represented by the numbers onto a spherical 3D object using the numbers as offsets from the prime meridian with their latitude determined by their 2D position, solve for x using 3 simultaneous equations, and tell me the answer and the transform equation used to map back to a letter
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-02-2017, 04:23 AM
marion butts's Avatar
marion butts marion butts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Queens
Posts: 16,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseWins View Post
Please consider the numbers to be radians, then map the 2-D surface represented by the numbers onto a spherical 3D object using the numbers as offsets from the prime meridian with their latitude determined by their 2D position, solve for x using 3 simultaneous equations, and tell me the answer and the transform equation used to map back to a letter
__________________
"Being a Charger fan is tough.. It's sad actually"

-Mario Lopez
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-02-2017, 05:28 AM
Boltup90's Avatar
Boltup90 Boltup90 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Valrico
Posts: 4,328
Default



This one looks much easier than it is. You are to make one cut (or draw one
line)—of course, it doesnt need to be straight— that will divide the figure into two identical parts.


You can answer with words or photoshop the answer onto the image, either way once someone answers correctly it'll be spoiled for others, good luck to see who gets it first! (please be honest and dont google the answer then post it here, if you cant figure it out, it's ok).
__________________
2017 Official Bolts Mock:

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-02-2017, 07:11 AM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 72,056
Default

I call shenanigans. First we get a question with hidden addition, subtraction, and prime numbers with no instructions.

Now we have to draw an imaginary line on our monitor, or just cut up our monitor with some imaginary scissors, and find a way to post it here?

I have a headache.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-02-2017, 07:19 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 11,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I call shenanigans. First we get a question with hidden addition, subtraction, and prime numbers with no instructions.

Now we have to draw an imaginary line on our monitor, or just cut up our monitor with some imaginary scissors, and find a way to post it here?

I have a headache.


Remember.....the answer is 'Y'.....
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.