Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Power68 View Post
My mom has been a Chargers season ticket holder for 49 years. My dad bought these tickets the year San Diego Stadium opened. She didn't see the letter from the Chargers to get tickets at the StubHub Center until late Thursday afternoon and because she doesn't have a computer (she has always made her payments at the ticket office) she planned to go to the ticket office Friday morning. I went by Thursday night and saw the letter. I have a computer and told her to call and get her password in the morning and we can choose our seats online.
She called the ticket office Friday morning and told the ticket rep what she wanted to do and was told: "I'm sorry but you missed your window to purchase tickets for 2017."
When she told me I was shocked. So I called and was told the same thing. The tix rep I talked with said my mom could put a $100 deposit down and get tix when they go on sale to the public. I asked if she would lose her seniority and was told she would. I asked, "After 49 years of buyibg season tickets does that seem fair?" I was met with silence. Then the ticket rep took down he account info and told me after all the other season ticket holders had their opportunity she would see what could be done. I was able to leave a message with a ticket account manager. My thinking was that someone in the there would see the info or hear the voicemail and fix this for a loyal fan.
at 4pm Friday an asst manager from the season tickets account dept. called and told my mom there was nothing they could do.
Now before anybody start with the "she had her chance and missed it, too bad" comments, yes she did miss her chance. We know that. What is disappointing is that nobody in the Chargers organization would step in and say that after 49 years of loyalty this fan/customer deserves better.
Not surprising in the least. Generally they are very helpful when it comes to minor matters. But at the end of the day, the Chargers(NFL) doesn't care about you. They just care about money.

Imagine having more than 4 tickets for 10+ years and then being told sorry you can't have more than 4 tickets anymore. Does that make sense to anyone?
Old 02-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
i am sure it is getting more depressing each day. sure there are nice seats available, but at a price that will depress you. I ended up getting the $70 seats because the end zone seats right below it were nearly double the price ($135).

if you have to resell some of your tickets, it could be a blood bath if the chargers start off slow. i rarely ever sold tix for $200+, and those were for prime time games vs. big name marquee opponents. for a jaguars/chiefs/titans type of game, i was luck to get my money back on nice seats in the plaza section ($110). the cheapest sideline seat is $180, that is tough. i just couldn't pull the trigger with those prices, so my new seats are now worse than my seats at the Q.

However, the real judgement day is coming in 2 years, when we see the PSL prices and seat prices. that is why i did not want to lose money leading up to that moment.
Qualcomm had a big issue of brokers and season ticket holders selling marquee games to opposing fans. I am hoping their fresh start at StubHub changes that culture. It would be amazing to not have a Broncos or Raiders game with %30 opposing fans.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Veteran

Quote:
My thinking was that someone in the there would see the info or hear the voicemail and fix this for a loyal fan.

What is disappointing is that nobody in the Chargers organization would step in and say that after 49 years of loyalty this fan/customer deserves better.
A revolting story to hear of faithful fans being treated like this, but not at all surprising. If Spanos and company cared at all about the 75% of Charger fans, they would not have left San Diego. It has been, and remains, all about money first and foremost with that ownership.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
My mom has been a Chargers season ticket holder for 49 years. My dad bought these tickets the year San Diego Stadium opened. She didn't see the letter from the Chargers to get tickets at the StubHub Center until late Thursday afternoon and because she doesn't have a computer (she has always made her payments at the ticket office) she planned to go to the ticket office Friday morning. I went by Thursday night and saw the letter. I have a computer and told her to call and get her password in the morning and we can choose our seats online.
She called the ticket office Friday morning and told the ticket rep what she wanted to do and was told: "I'm sorry but you missed your window to purchase tickets for 2017."
When she told me I was shocked. So I called and was told the same thing. The tix rep I talked with said my mom could put a $100 deposit down and get tix when they go on sale to the public. I asked if she would lose her seniority and was told she would. I asked, "After 49 years of buyibg season tickets does that seem fair?" I was met with silence. Then the ticket rep took down he account info and told me after all the other season ticket holders had their opportunity she would see what could be done. I was able to leave a message with a ticket account manager. My thinking was that someone in the there would see the info or hear the voicemail and fix this for a loyal fan.
at 4pm Friday an asst manager from the season tickets account dept. called and told my mom there was nothing they could do.
Now before anybody start with the "she had her chance and missed it, too bad" comments, yes she did miss her chance. We know that. What is disappointing is that nobody in the Chargers organization would step in and say that after 49 years of loyalty this fan/customer deserves better.
Reminded every day that the NFL is all about money, not the fans. That is so ridiculous but it's the NFL.

That's why I look at going to the games and rooting for the team as a family and friends event instead of a, "I'm one with the team." I used to feel one with the team when I was younger but that disappears a little more each season. I do feel attached with some players that I feel truly love the game like Rivera.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
A revolting story to hear of faithful fans being treated like this, but not at all surprising. If Spanos and company cared at all about the 75% of Charger fans, they would not have left San Diego. It has been, and remains, all about money first and foremost with that ownership.
It's not unique to Chargers ownership. It's the entire NFL. Anything the NFL does to make fans feel more appreciated has a silent agenda of making the NFL more money.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Season Tickets Since 1978

Quote:
This is totally wrong. I have probably met your mom at the Charger Backers meetings or on the trolley or at a game. Not to be personal but I have a mom who is 88, and if she got a letter about the tickets she may have missed the deadline too. Your mom didn't burn her jersey, she didn't protest, her and your father did what any other team in the NFL would want a loyal fan to do...buy tickets and be loyal to the team.

I am hearing stories like this from many loyal Chargers fans. It's not our fault you didn't get a new stadium. It's not your fault either, you tried. The part that's TOTALLY MISSING is there doesn't seem to be a heart or conscience in the management of the Los Angeles Chargers anymore and it seems to be coming from the top. It's like you want to burn the bridge to the city and fans that stuck with you all these years.

If you'd like to send me a PM I'd like to find out more. If your mom still wants to be a Chargers fan and go for 50 years I'm sure there's a way to get it done. I'm sure a local TV station or even a LA station would be interested in a story like this... Let me know.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:09 PM
Season Tickets Since 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizGod View Post
Not surprising in the least. Generally they are very helpful when it comes to minor matters. But at the end of the day, the Chargers(NFL) doesn't care about you. They just care about money.

Imagine having more than 4 tickets for 10+ years and then being told sorry you can't have more than 4 tickets anymore. Does that make sense to anyone?
We had more than 4 tickets for way more than 10 years (up to 24) when they couldn't sell them but too bad, my request for ten was denied and they didn't even have the courtesy to tell me who was sending the email.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:23 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAXTC View Post
General observation: My seat selection window was Thursday at 11:00 am and by the time I logged in at the top of the hour, many seats along the sidelines were unavailable. I did notice that in all of the sections along the sideline, the first four rows (Row A-D) were unavailable...all the seats were unavailable, not the normal hodge podge, dot here, dot there grid of available seats in the higher rows. I thought that was strange that the first four rows were unavailable.
I was told by a gentleman who works at the season ticket office at Qualcomm that the first 4 rows are obstructed view seats, like at the Q, and that as it stands now those seats are being reserved for single game tickets.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
I was told by a gentleman who works at the season ticket office at Qualcomm that the first 4 rows are obstructed view seats, like at the Q, and that as it stands now those seats are being reserved for single game tickets.
In the virtual venue have you seen the bleachers they seem to have on the field for the virtual venue but not as a choice? That's going to be a rude surprise for people buying behind them.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:14 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Qualcomm had a big issue of brokers and season ticket holders selling marquee games to opposing fans. I am hoping their fresh start at StubHub changes that culture. It would be amazing to not have a Broncos or Raiders game with %30 opposing fans.
keep hoping. i am sure Raider fans can't wait for the schedule to come out, and then circle the LA chargers game.

to me, this is a sign of the demand from the local fan base, not just the fault of ticket brokers/season ticket holders. You don't see home games in Dallas or Pitt being overrun by visiting fans. The demand is strong enough locally in those places. this forum wants to:

1. laugh at STH selling their preseason games for nothing, and then....
2. whine that someone on the CMB is not selling them some tix to the dallas/green bay game at face value. this is the other side of the coin - like it or not.
3. i have put tix for face value, and MANY times less than face value, on the "tickets for sale" section on the CMB and have not had any offers. and they were Plaza seats near the 15 yard line - not shabby seats. my next option was stub hub. that was why i cringed at buying $200 seats in LA, it is a huge gamble.

i fly from san jose to SD to go to a game, i am not going to go to preseason games and i am not going to make it to the full regular season. i have to sell some tickets.