Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Catching up after a bit of an absence. Haven't been on since I took the Stubhub tour. That place is tiny. Kind of odd to me that the visitor side will have more seats than the home side but the suites are on the home side. Also, keep in mind that the soccer field is much wider than the football field will be so sideline seats are not gonna be that close to the sidelines. Not better than the Q when it comes to proximity on the sidelines and probably worse.

I heard a few San Diego residents say that they were only intending to come to a couple of games a season because the team is "not on the verge of a super bowl". They were going to buy season seats and then sell off certain games. Be interesting to see how that works out. all depends on W-L at the time. But for any of you frozen out of season tickets i imagine there will be single game seats available frequently from season ticket holders who just decide not to make the drive for certain games.
I sincerely hope you are hearing this from an extreme minority. It would be the typical Chargers fans thing to do though . Sell tickets to rival fans of the Chiefs, Eagles, Raiders, and Broncos.

Hopefully the Chargers start out hot to quell those thoughts of the fans you are talking to. It would be nice to have 95%+ Chargers fans for once.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Rookie

Quote:
maybe but those will be the cheapest if there are any at that price. PSL's topped out at about $80k at Santa Clara.
Like many others, I have a problem with giving an interest free loan to a billionaire in hopes that he can put a consistent playoff team on the field... Just for the "right" to pay 3x the value we should be paying. I will not hold the PSL bag for the Spanos' or Kroenke's. Empty Levi stadium may have been step 1. Declining TV ratings step 2, Empty Inglewood may be step 3, but NFL greed is slowly pushing us out.

In the meantime, I will have 2 more years of fun....albeit in the end zone in Carson.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I sincerely hope you are hearing this from an extreme minority. It would be the typical Chargers fans thing to do though . Sell tickets to rival fans of the Chiefs, Eagles, Raiders, and Broncos.

Hopefully the Chargers start out hot to quell those thoughts of the fans you are talking to. It would be nice to have 95%+ Chargers fans for once.
I think it will be worse in more transient, more transplants Los Angeles than in San Diego with the ticket selling to opposing fans.

Unless this team gets very good for a number of years, with some significant playoff wins, I don't see them ever getting 95%+ Charger fans in LA.

What would you consider as starting out hot?
Old 02-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Having lived in LA and having tickets in San Diego, it can be tough to make that trip to games if you have other things going on. It's a long day.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
I think it will be worse in more transient, more transplants Los Angeles than in San Diego with the ticket selling to opposing fans.

Unless this team gets very good for a number of years, with some significant playoff wins, I don't see them ever getting 95%+ Charger fans in LA.

What would you consider as starting out hot?
6-0. That would be hot
Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishthegame View Post
Like many others, I have a problem with giving an interest free loan to a billionaire in hopes that he can put a consistent playoff team on the field... Just for the "right" to pay 3x the value we should be paying. I will not hold the PSL bag for the Spanos' or Kroenke's. Empty Levi stadium may have been step 1. Declining TV ratings step 2, Empty Inglewood may be step 3, but NFL greed is slowly pushing us out.

In the meantime, I will have 2 more years of fun....albeit in the end zone in Carson.
End zone is the best view
Old 02-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

which is it?
Old 02-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
which is it?
The typical San Diego Chargers fan thing to do would be to sell tickets to opposing fans. I was/am hoping with the move to LA there will be a fresh start in regards to that mind set. That is why I hope it is just an extreme minority.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Veteran

Quote:
6-0. That would be hot
That sure would be - as hot as is possible.

The Chargers will not start out 6-0, or 5-1, doubtful even 4-2. Schedule is far too difficult for them, they are inferior to most of the teams they will play in 2017.

I'll have to see the exact schedule before making a firm prediction, but going strictly on the teams they face, I'd say going 3-3 after 6 games would be doing very well for them.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
That sure would be - as hot as is possible.

The Chargers will not start out 6-0, or 5-1, doubtful even 4-2. Schedule is far too difficult for them, they are inferior to most of the teams they will play in 2017.

I'll have to see the exact schedule before making a firm prediction, but going strictly on the teams they face, I'd say going 3-3 after 6 games would be doing very well for them.
3-3 isn't hot. not even luke warm. it's room temp