Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2017, 08:25 PM
Rookie

My observations from the stadium tour 2/24/17 and the seat selection process 2/28/17

Stadium Tour of Stubhub Center
(In Qualcomm, I had Press 3, Row 1 which I really enjoyed the vantage point there)

1. There seemed to be decent parking around Stubhub Center. Compared to the experience of going to the Colloseum to watch a Rams game, chargers games at this venue seems a lot easier to get to and find parking. So far only one of the parking lots is designated for tailgating.

2. There seemed to be a decent amount of food concessions and the concourse areas are much more spacious than qualcomm.

3. On the tour, they told us that all end zone seating would only be benches. (The ones that are already there or the $700 north end zone bench seating on the grass which have not been put in place yet.). The North end zone will get the most sun. They mentioned that this sun could be a big factor to comfort.

4. The pricing on the seating is really scary considering what the pricing was for tickets at Qualcomm. After seeing the views, I felt the best thing would be getting the cheapest end zone seats (just because of how they were priced so much lower than the other sections) even despite being in the sun. The next best value I felt was Mezzanine Sideline $1800 (because this is the cheapest section where you will have seatbacks) and it seemed like the Mezzanine Sidelines sections closest to the the middle of the sidelines would be best (Section 229 and Section 235). Within that section, it seemed like you would want to be in the higher rows to be under the roof and have protection from the sun instead of the lower rows of the mezzanine 200 sections.

THE SEAT SELECTION PROCESS (2/28)
1. I have only a couple years seniority so I had a pretty late time window to pick tickets. I didn't have access to a desktop, which I wish I did. I had to use a mobile phone. I was hoping to actually get to see which seats were actually available in a map but the phone wouldn't let me do that. It merely asked how many tickets I wanted. I wanted 2. What price range I wanted. and then it gave me 4 options of potential seats in that price range to purchase.

2. I noticed right away that there were no $700 end zone seats available.

3. When I started the seat selection process, there was the $1350 North end zone option still available.

4. I went for the $1800 Mezzanine Sideline option and the search showed some options in some of the outer sections (226 and 237) including Rows BB and Rows CC (2nd and third row) but from the tour, I knew those sections would have a chance to be in the sun. I noticed an option in Section 236 with row MM which would have a good chance of shade but I wanted to see other options.

5. I go back to search again (maybe 5 minutes into the process) and try the $1350 North End Zone options and see 120 Row M for sale which seemed like a decent option for what is left in North End Zone.

6. I do another search again for the $1800 Mezzanine Sideline Options and I see the Section 236 Section no longer available and only options in Section 226 - 228 with the lower rows BB and CC still available and some middle rows (like HH, KK). I wanted to see what is available in sections 235-238 but using mobile doesn't give me the option.

7. I do another search again for the $1350 but I don't see any options for $1350 seating anymore (10 minutes into my time window). I start getting flustered and realize I have to make a choice soon before my options become even more limited.

8. I search again for mezzanine sideline $1800 a couple more times and I only get Section 226-228. Rows BB CC and as High as HH. For this amount of money, I want a shaded seat that is higher up. The difference in view is not that big of difference for a higher row than a lower row in a small venue like this. What is important is that you get shade and I don't want the lower endzone option in the south of paying $1650 where you still only have benches with no armrests instead of seating.

9. I do another search for $1800 sections. I finally see an option 25 minutes into my window for Section 229 Row PP. One of the sections closest to the Middle Mezzanine Sections (which go at $2200). It seems to be about 10-15 Yard line on the sides. Row PP is 3rd row from the top Row RR. Not an aisle seat but at this point I will take it since I know that I will be shaded with actual seats with armrests. I go ahead an complete the purchase (2 installments).

10. I would have liked to get the $700 seats because of the value it provides but in the end, I felt I got the best value I could get with what was available under the circumstances.

My recommendations:

1. When it's your time window, have an idea what section you want to get. Then be quick with getting the tickets. The options that I once saw in the beginning of the time window quickly disappeared.

2. The small venue ensures that all seats will have a decent view and be up close to see the action though I think being too close in the corners might not be as ideal to see what is going on when ball is on the opposite field.

3. The gameday experience is going to be much better at Stubhub than it is the Colloseum so I do understand a little more why the pricing is much higher.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

^ I already picked my seats but cool breakdown.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Veteran

MY seats will be in front of my laptop & big screen tv with the option to lie down and close my eyes to sleep through another boring ass year of charger football - after 50 plus years - my time watching is now taken up flowing FCB - Football club Barcelona - a club run by the members - who are citizens of Barcelona who vote for the head of the club board. American football has become over priced and predictable. if not fixed, you can bet how things will unfold - the refs throwing flags to keep the game close and players who don't care about anything but themselves. The rookie on this page has a picture of JJ catching a pass against the raiders with the whole stadium covered in charger gold. Those were the days - $10 a seat for plaza - for great football - great competition too - with a forward thinking coach Coryell changing the game for all - the wealth of the NFl is due in large part to the excitement Coryell brought to the game.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:45 AM
Rookie

Thanks, for the info. I hope there are still tickets for us waitlist people.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:43 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJefferson83 View Post
My observations from the stadium tour 2/24/17 and the seat selection process 2/28/17

(In Qualcomm, I had Press 3, Row 1 which I really enjoyed the vantage point there)

1. So far only one of the parking lots is designated for tailgating.

I believe you mis-heard. I confirmed with my buddy before responding to the above. There is only one parking lot designated as no tailgating, and that is the one near the college. Per our tour guide.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Having lived in LA and having tickets in San Diego, it can be tough to make that trip to games if you have other things going on. It's a long day.

I think it's going to be pretty bad. Most of the tickets bought by current STH's. Of course they will go to 2-3 games at least. The others will be sold. Lots of LA transplants going to want to see their team play the Chargers. Not that many tickets.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCBolts Fan View Post
Thanks, for the info. I hope there are still tickets for us waitlist people.
Interested to see if they held back any tickets for waiting list. Post if you get a shot to purchase seats.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
My observations from the stadium tour 2/24/17 and the seat selection process 2/28/17 ...

Thanks for your in depth description.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
^ I already picked my seats but cool breakdown.
Where are your seats?

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-01-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:

1. There seemed to be decent parking around Stubhub Center. Compared to the experience of going to the Colloseum to watch a Rams game, chargers games at this venue seems a lot easier to get to and find parking. So far only one of the parking lots is designated for tailgating.

2. There seemed to be a decent amount of food concessions and the concourse areas are much more spacious than qualcomm.

3. On the tour, they told us that all end zone seating would only be benches. (The ones that are already there or the $700 north end zone bench seating on the grass which have not been put in place yet.). The North end zone will get the most sun. They mentioned that this sun could be a big factor to comfort.

4. The pricing on the seating is really scary considering what the pricing was for tickets at Qualcomm. After seeing the views, I felt the best thing would be getting the cheapest end zone seats (just because of how they were priced so much lower than the other sections) even despite being in the sun. The next best value I felt was Mezzanine Sideline $1800 (because this is the cheapest section where you will have seatbacks) and it seemed like the Mezzanine Sidelines sections closest to the the middle of the sidelines would be best (Section 229 and Section 235). Within that section, it seemed like you would want to be in the higher rows to be under the roof and have protection from the sun instead of the lower rows of the mezzanine 200 sections.

THE SEAT SELECTION PROCESS (2/28)
1. I have only a couple years seniority so I had a pretty late time window to pick tickets. I didn't have access to a desktop, which I wish I did. I had to use a mobile phone. I was hoping to actually get to see which seats were actually available in a map but the phone wouldn't let me do that. It merely asked how many tickets I wanted. I wanted 2. What price range I wanted. and then it gave me 4 options of potential seats in that price range to purchase.

2. I noticed right away that there were no $700 end zone seats available.

3. When I started the seat selection process, there was the $1350 North end zone option still available.

4. I went for the $1800 Mezzanine Sideline option and the search showed some options in some of the outer sections (226 and 237) including Rows BB and Rows CC (2nd and third row) but from the tour, I knew those sections would have a chance to be in the sun. I noticed an option in Section 236 with row MM which would have a good chance of shade but I wanted to see other options.

5. I go back to search again (maybe 5 minutes into the process) and try the $1350 North End Zone options and see 120 Row M for sale which seemed like a decent option for what is left in North End Zone.

6. I do another search again for the $1800 Mezzanine Sideline Options and I see the Section 236 Section no longer available and only options in Section 226 - 228 with the lower rows BB and CC still available and some middle rows (like HH, KK). I wanted to see what is available in sections 235-238 but using mobile doesn't give me the option.

7. I do another search again for the $1350 but I don't see any options for $1350 seating anymore (10 minutes into my time window). I start getting flustered and realize I have to make a choice soon before my options become even more limited.

8. I search again for mezzanine sideline $1800 a couple more times and I only get Section 226-228. Rows BB CC and as High as HH. For this amount of money, I want a shaded seat that is higher up. The difference in view is not that big of difference for a higher row than a lower row in a small venue like this. What is important is that you get shade and I don't want the lower endzone option in the south of paying $1650 where you still only have benches with no armrests instead of seating.

9. I do another search for $1800 sections. I finally see an option 25 minutes into my window for Section 229 Row PP. One of the sections closest to the Middle Mezzanine Sections (which go at $2200). It seems to be about 10-15 Yard line on the sides. Row PP is 3rd row from the top Row RR. Not an aisle seat but at this point I will take it since I know that I will be shaded with actual seats with armrests. I go ahead an complete the purchase (2 installments).

10. I would have liked to get the $700 seats because of the value it provides but in the end, I felt I got the best value I could get with what was available under the circumstances.

My recommendations:

1. When it's your time window, have an idea what section you want to get. Then be quick with getting the tickets. The options that I once saw in the beginning of the time window quickly disappeared.

2. The small venue ensures that all seats will have a decent view and be up close to see the action though I think being too close in the corners might not be as ideal to see what is going on when ball is on the opposite field.

3. The gameday experience is going to be much better at Stubhub than it is the Colloseum so I do understand a little more why the pricing is much higher.
Awesome post! Great job.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln