Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:48 PM
AFboltfan's Avatar
AFboltfan AFboltfan is online now
Forever San Diego
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Balboa Park bench
Posts: 7,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Then who is your 1st round cluster...?

Check out the Patriots... 10 of their last 16 first round draft picks have been OL or DL...
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Mike Williams
Corey Davis
Garrett Bolles
Ryan Ramczyk
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:49 PM
AFboltfan's Avatar
AFboltfan AFboltfan is online now
Forever San Diego
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Balboa Park bench
Posts: 7,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
And never, ever, ever, did I believe that any of those OL were top-10. Shall I list all of the first round OL are now pieces of dominant OL's...? Can I start with the Cowboys OL...?
That's too easy... I'd be disappointed.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:54 PM
JPPT1974's Avatar
JPPT1974 JPPT1974 is offline
Solar Eclipse Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seymour
Posts: 425
Default

Well wonder if they need to look at an O.L. in the draft.
__________________
Solar Eclipse is Here!!
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Mike Williams
Corey Davis
Garrett Bolles
Ryan Ramczyk
Jamal Adams doesn't even fit Gusley's scheme. Not a centerfield FS. Watch his junior tape, where he plays more off coverage. Was such a weakness, that they moved him closer to the LOS in his senior year. If you want a SS at #7, then you're being ridiculous. I can find SS in the later rounds that fit Gusley's SS role better than Adams. Wasted #7 pick.

Malik Hooker fits Gusley's centerfielder FS role. But safeties just don't impact the game the way QB's, edge-rushers, and OT's. History is against you on this one. Should I mention that he had surguries after only one year of starting...? At least you're in the ballpark on this one...

Mike Williams is no Dez Bryant, or Megatron, or Julio Jones... Williams didn't run the 40 at the combine because he was afraid he would run slower than 4.6... freaking weak sauce!

Corey Davis = Corey Coleman. We already have speed on the edge (Benjamin). Problem is we don't have an OL that can block long enough for anyone to get deep... Another wasted #7 pick!

Bolles and Ramczyk. You'd pick these guys, but not "the best OT in the draft"...? (according to one of your own articles). If we want to be a running team, pick the guy with power in his run blocking... so tired of passing the ball on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line. So tired of not converting on 3rd and 2 late in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
That's too easy... I'd be disappointed.
How about last year's 1st round OT class...?

I tell ya, it's easy any way you want to do this.

How about playoff teams...? Super Bowl contestants...? Pick your poison...
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 PM
Boltup90's Avatar
Boltup90 Boltup90 is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Valrico
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Jamal Adams doesn't even fit Gusley's scheme. Not a centerfield FS. Watch his junior tape, where he plays more off coverage. Was such a weakness, that they moved him closer to the LOS in his senior year. If you want a SS at #7, then you're being ridiculous. I can find SS in the later rounds that fit Gusley's SS role better than Adams. Wasted #7 pick.

Malik Hooker fits Gusley's centerfielder FS role. But safeties just don't impact the game the way QB's, edge-rushers, and OT's. History is against you on this one. Should I mention that he had surguries after only one year of starting...? At least you're in the ballpark on this one...

Mike Williams is no Dez Bryant, or Megatron, or Julio Jones... Williams didn't run the 40 at the combine because he was afraid he would run slower than 4.6... freaking weak sauce!

Corey Davis = Corey Coleman. We already have speed on the edge (Benjamin). Problem is we don't have an OL that can block long enough for anyone to get deep... Another wasted #7 pick!

Bolles and Ramczyk. You'd pick these guys, but not "the best OT in the draft"...? (according to one of your own articles). If we want to be a running team, pick the guy with power in his run blocking... so tired of passing the ball on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line. So tired of not converting on 3rd and 2 late in the game.
Where'd you see Williams Say this?

Also, The success rate of Safeties taken in the top 10 is drastically higher than that of OTs.
__________________
2017 Official Bolts Mock:

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:43 PM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 12,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
There was a quote (that didn't copy) that went along with his Fluker = Cam comment. In the quote it read, "Cam was often helped by RB and TE."(actually high-lighted). If he bothered watching any of the clips I posted, he would have seen Cam against Myles Garrett and Derek Barnett one-on-one almost the whole game...



The writer that wrote that article has probably spent as much time as Frozen did watching any Cam tape...
Why watch tape on a player going late in the 1st round when you pick 7th in the 1st round. You can believe in Cam all you want, but be respectful of those that don't, as they are in the majority.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 PM
I AMazing I's Avatar
I AMazing I I AMazing I is online now
LAme
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
Where'd you see Williams Say this?

Also, The success rate of Safeties taken in the top 10 is drastically higher than that of OTs.
Maybe, but there haven't been many Safeties selected top 10. I think the last one was Eric Berry. Before that a few busts, and before that Sean Taylor.

Not that I'm arguing with your general comments though.
__________________
2017 Live Mock

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Boltnut's Avatar
Boltnut Boltnut is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: La Mesa
Posts: 3,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
Where'd you see Williams Say this?

Also, The success rate of Safeties taken in the top 10 is drastically higher than that of OTs.
https://www.fanragsports.com/news/cl...un-40-combine/

How many safeties have you seen picked in the top-10...?
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-14-2017, 05:28 AM
woodeye2000's Avatar
woodeye2000 woodeye2000 is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: san jose'
Posts: 18,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Jamal Adams doesn't even fit Gusley's scheme. Not a centerfield FS. Watch his junior tape, where he plays more off coverage. Was such a weakness, that they moved him closer to the LOS in his senior year. If you want a SS at #7, then you're being ridiculous. I can find SS in the later rounds that fit Gusley's SS role better than Adams. Wasted #7 pick.

Malik Hooker fits Gusley's centerfielder FS role. But safeties just don't impact the game the way QB's, edge-rushers, and OT's. History is against you on this one. Should I mention that he had surguries after only one year of starting...? At least you're in the ballpark on this one...

Mike Williams is no Dez Bryant, or Megatron, or Julio Jones... Williams didn't run the 40 at the combine because he was afraid he would run slower than 4.6... freaking weak sauce!

Corey Davis = Corey Coleman. We already have speed on the edge (Benjamin). Problem is we don't have an OL that can block long enough for anyone to get deep... Another wasted #7 pick!

Bolles and Ramczyk. You'd pick these guys, but not "the best OT in the draft"...? (according to one of your own articles). If we want to be a running team, pick the guy with power in his run blocking... so tired of passing the ball on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line. So tired of not converting on 3rd and 2 late in the game.
I have Jamal Adams at top 5 and an excellent fit for Gus.

I have Corey Davis at top 10 and Mike Williams at top 15.

Dane Brugler as of yesterday has Ramczyk at 9 and Cam Robinson at 53
__________________
Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Feeney--Barksdale
8.2.17
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.