Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Heartbroken Fan Each Week

Taking Hooker is definately still in play. Lowrey is getting up in age and Addae can be used for an in box safety. Draft hooker to compete for a position then take over for centerfield. Only thing that holds me back from going with him 100% is his dedication to the game and his love for football. Interview process is very very critical for him
Old 03-08-2017, 08:24 AM
Rookie

Paying this guy only $1 million year more then Eric Weddle. This guy is getting paid in top 18 safety range. Injury prone, etc. After we just made tons of room getting salary cap situated we go and mess it up all over again. I can think of 18 better SS in the league... getting paid way less $$$

EDIT:: ONE MILLION LESS then Weddle, my bad still though... EW much better then this JA. I like JA I do... I think he plays with a nasty physical style... but he often puts himself at risk for this type of $$$
Old 03-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Right. I think Hooker is gone at 7.
To be clear, Sir, Addae is SS only.
If Adams, a combo safety, can cover even TEs and slot receivers, he can play a decent centerfield too.
I should have been clearer.
Actually, Budda may be our only option at FS @ 7, and that is IDK.
If we go Budda at 7 I'll cry. Not of joy either.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancor13 View Post
Paying this guy only $1 million year more then Eric Weddle. This guy is getting paid in top 18 safety range. Injury prone, etc. After we just made tons of room getting salary cap situated we go and mess it up all over again. I can think of 18 better SS in the league... getting paid way less $$$

EDIT:: ONE MILLION LESS then Weddle, my bad still though... EW much better then this JA. I like JA I do... I think he plays with a nasty physical style... but he often puts himself at risk for this type of $$$
Is this a thing?

Of the 64 starting safeties in the league, 38 are still in rookie contracts.

This leaves 26 potential S that could make this much. He's in the top 18 of those S. There are literally 8 guys outside of the rookie contracts making less than JA....

This is a bad thing?

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma

Last edited by Boltup90; 03-08-2017 at 08:42 AM..
Old 03-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancor13 View Post

The way I see it is we weren't going to get a better player for cheaper. If Addae walks then we open ANOTHER hole on the team. Sometimes you have no choice. Gus might be able to elevate his game to another level. Wishful hoping, but sometimes you never know. Let's just hope he breaks out and this contract ends up being a steal. Unlikely but possible.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krich1 View Post
If we go Budda at 7 I'll cry. Not of joy either.
Budda would be a great pick at 7...in round 2
Old 03-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
Is this a thing?

Of the 64 starting safeties in the league, 38 are still in rookie contracts.

This leaves 26 potential S that could make this much. He's in the top 18 of those S. There are literally 8 guys outside of the rookie contracts making less than JA....

This is a bad thing?
The dude is going to be injured six games in.. I just have a hard time letting Eric Weddle go and because of "age" and him being too expensive... then we literally pay a lesser talent almost the exact same money. This does not compute to me...

Weddle was still a damn good safety last year and I think he will be too this year.

I think Adams or Hooker could make instant impacts in place of JA.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Rookie

I'll also add. I don't know the exact details of this singing. and at what point that gurantee 8 mill is paid out. Hopefully Tommy T made a team friednly deal with lots of incentives so we can cut our losses early if it's a fail... or get a steal on a great saftey is JA pans out to be one..
Old 03-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Rookie

Alex Marvez is saying the initial numbers on the Addae contract that were released are wrong
Old 03-08-2017, 09:21 AM
All-Pro-Bro

Looks like Addae's contract is more of a 2 year, $8MM deal (so $4MM per year) / back-loaded, which is perfect.