Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Could The Chargers Sign Colin Kaepernick?
Yes 5 13.16%
No 33 86.84%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Embrace the change

What cracks me up is all the folks railing on the guy for taking an unpopular stance that they didn't like and/or understand. Yet conveniently ignore the fact that he is helping so many through his charity work. And I don't think that I'd be going out on a limb to say that he's done more for others than the sum of the haters in this thread have.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:29 PM
more mojo please

I certainly don't identify with any of the haters you're referring to syb, but to be fair, CK began his charity work post criticism
Imo CK was the one initially confused about his own cause before receiving good advice about being specific and respectful (no more pig socks) and to start donating and providing real help.
The timing of his antics for me are very telling, he began kneeling when his play was at its absolute worst and needed some type of conventient distraction or excuse.

And it's not fair to compare the help a multi millionaire can provide vs an average joe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
What cracks me up is all the folks railing on the guy for taking an unpopular stance that they didn't like and/or understand. Yet conveniently ignore the fact that he is helping so many through his charity work. And I don't think that I'd be going out on a limb to say that he's done more for others than the sum of the haters in this thread have.
I agree that his charitable deeds go relatively untold, a lot of it due to the media which is unfortunate. To me it doesn't matter when he started doing it, it is the fact that he started to do it. Also, I hope people that don't want to sign Kaepernick because of his kneeling don't want to draft guys like Mixon or sign other players who have done things like beat their wives or girlfriends because that would be a double standard.

I'm not saying I agree with Kaepernick 100% but I do believe his whole story isn't told
Old 03-19-2017, 05:04 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

It was hard enough seeing DJ Fluker, Chris Hairston, and Joe Barksdale disrespect our national anthem all season.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
It would have been nice had he voted once in his life before protesting. It would have given him some more credibility when he was trying to state that it wasn't disrespectful.

And I ain't hating, it's a "hell no" answer because of his lack of productivity on the field ever since his rookie season ala RGIII. I'd post a "Hell no!!" reply if a RGIII proposition was put up as a poll.

The Chargers would have to entirely change their offensive scheme should the backup be forced to take over the position, and that's pretty much 180 degrees from what you want as a backup. He has been poor to awful over 4 seasons, and he isn't worth the problems. If he were productive, he'd have been signed a long time ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan since 81

Quote:

Sure he has

Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Fan since 81

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Too late ... Kaepernick has already signed elsewhere:

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-isis-...k-1-year-deal/

Rumor has it, that Kap can throw a Molotov cocktail or hand grenade further than anyone else in the Company.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:46 PM
Forever San Diego

This is worse than my Richard Sherman thread

Old 03-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Too late ... Kaepernick has already signed elsewhere:

http://dailysnark.com/breaking-isis-...k-1-year-deal/
Too Funny.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:25 PM
Rookie

We already have a backup who is no-drama.
Save the 3rd spot (if we have one) for a rookie
4th Round-Noble Nwachukwu, DE
5th Round-Brian Hill, RB
6th Round-Brady Gustafson, QB
7th-Greg Pyke, G