Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2018, 08:01 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
While not taking anything away from the talent that LT displayed constantly, which is HOF level, I do think LT also enjoyed much better OL groups than Mathews or Gordon have had.
hahaha

Like I said... people became accustomed to LT and now think that the things he did were things that normal RBs can do.... thats part of the problem why RM had such a hard time here, we expected and demanded him to be LT. He was doomed for failure from the start.

I remember him saying he was pumped to be drafted by the Chargers because LT was his hero that he looked up to. I always wondered if he knew deep down that LT would also, in part, be his downfall.

MG3 and RM could have had the best Oline in football and they would still never do what LT did.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:07 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Those we're the glory days eh? The Q was rockin on Sundays and LT was definitely fun to watch. Miss those days. The stiff arm in OT for the score against the Redskins one of 31 tds that season. The same stiff arm used for a td against the Rams. A hundred plus catch season with Brees at the helm. Leading the come from behind win against the Bengals.

Memories of a HOF. His speech surprised me on the authenticity and depth.
Not that LT isn't that kind of person. It wasn't typical of HOF speeches. He put his authentic heart into it in a time when the national climate is in conflict to say the least. Now, he's having fun on the NFL Network commentating and interviewing.
Yes sir! That stiff arm to the redskins was at Washington.... second game ever for me watching LT and the Chargers. Had the perfect view of that play, it's seared in my mind and will (thankfully) never go away. Also a long run he had at Buffalo, where some people around me were pissed and I said "Don't be mad, you're watching a one of time legend." And the people around me, sat down and you could tell the look on their face was "Damn, he's right. We should enjoy this."

I remember 2006 playing against the Broncos and watching it at my buddies house in the middle of a party and my buddy (being a Broncos fan) already knew what was going to happen and it would.... and nobody... NOBODY could stop LT!

As far as his speech... it was a great one. LT wore his emotions on his sleeve and would show his emotion everyday in games and practice... and while at first people applauded him, that turned to hatred towards the end of his tenure here, and that pissed me off.

Too many times fans here turn their backs on these players after they give it their all and then eventually it turns out they are human, and we just piss on them for that.