Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Some new information about our coach.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/07/24/n...mko-guest-mmqb
It is unrelated to the new OTA rules, but the one memory that sticks out from the few media practices that I was allowed to attend almost a dozen years ago was Marty's booming voice admonishing players "STAY OFF THE GROUND!!" on multiple occasions throughout practice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
It is unrelated to the new OTA rules, but the one memory that sticks out from the few media practices that I was allowed to attend almost a dozen years ago was Marty's booming voice admonishing players "STAY OFF THE GROUND!!" on multiple occasions throughout practice
Cheers indeed. Hopefully Lynn inherits Marty's success during the regular season, and but has better success/luck in the playoffs.

Off topic Joe, but I was also thinking of just putting all Anthony Lynn related articles in this thread. What do you think? It's interesting hearing about our new coach and his personality.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm impressed. Lynn really has provided thought to his mission as head coach along with specifics on how to build healthy work relationships by getting to know his colleagues.

This is not just knowing to know information it's in writing for him to read daily sort of an affirmation of his mission and goals. It also allows him to validate his colleagues and fellow coaches on a more personal level.

Also, should some infighting occur during the season they know how to best relate to each other. God knows conflicts occur every day at work. Lynn has a system to manage those conflicts in a healthy manner.

Hopefully this all translates to not just a healthy work place but ultimately wins on the field!
Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

MMQB podcast with Anthony Lynn. Liked the comments about coordinators.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...150960126?mt=2

Quote:
• Lynn, who is black, on the Rooney Rule, which mandates every NFL team interview at least one minority when it has a head-coaching vacancy: “The first interview was with the Jets. This was after Rex got fired. I did not want to do that interview because I knew what that interview was all about. You had to interview a minority before you hired the guy you wanted. I wouldn't do it, and Rex called me and said, ‘Do it for the experience.’ Todd Bowles called me and said do it. So I finally did it, knowing that it was a token interview, but the knowledge and the experience that I got from that interview … we connected, and it was really a good interview. I learned a lot about what they were looking for, and it helped me prepare for the next interviews. Those guys spread the word, and that’s how this thing got started. … The Rooney Rule has some very good intentions, but I just believe that a lot of organizations abuse it, and I don't want to be a part of that. I told two teams to interview a minority before you call me. And one team did, and the other team didn’t call back, so I knew what they were all about.”

• Lynn on coordinators not making the best head coaches: “I just think it is a different skill set, coordinating and leading a team ... I tell people all the time, and I've told some owners this. Look at the criteria right now, for how we are hiring head coaches. Everyone thinks it has to be tied to a coordinator position. It does not. Look for a guy that can lead men, get the most out of men, relate, communicate, guy they can trust, organize. Look for those things in a head coach; that is totally different than calling plays.”

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 08-14-2017, 11:01 PM
Hall of Famer

So... Norv Turner?