Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al "T.D." Bundy View Post
Obviously this is old news but I will state that I came very close to getting into a fight with obnoxious Cowboys fans after that game last year...just walking back to my car minding my own business when some chump and his old lady decided to say something smart. Looking back I'm glad it didn't escalate, but it was damn close. Reading that article about the 41 year old man from OC getting arrested really jarred me, as it could have just as easily been me.

Also, I snapped a pic of Ed "Too Tall" Jones walking around the lot before the game.

Anyway, what was the resolution, if any, to your open letter? Jets are in town this week, is the Chargers PA already queuing up "Empire State of Mind"?
Wasn't I right there with you when you almost nailed that guy? For whatever reason I remember your story.

Dude so far the Bolts have done a lot to make it feel like a home field! It's been great. Charger flags all around. I don't recall seeing replays of the opposing teams good plays. No stupid shows to accommodate the opposing teams.

The announcer is still the announcer. He is just wonky. It was our offense on the field. There was an in-completion, play clock still going because that is what happens in the NFL, and he puts up on the scoreboard the info about Rivers record. He starts saying, "Please direct your attention to the....." then cuts off because the Bolts were lining up for the play. It's like really dude? You do it while we are on offense (we are supposed to be quiet), then you do it between plays and have to cut yourself off for obvious reasons. The announcer there has nothing to do with my original complaint of home field advantage, he is just.... silly.

They've always had the quiet, offense on the field graphic but the scoreboards are so small you miss it. I can't blame the Bolts for that because why waste thousands of dollars on a new high tech scoreboard if the stadium may not be in use real soon. They put the graphic up when we went fori to n 4th and Rivers spazzed out because fans in front of me were cheering telling Bolts fans to get loud in excitement. Bolts fans can be dumb sometimes.

Last edited by chargertom; 10-06-2014 at 07:35 PM..
Old 12-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Hall of Famer

My good friend went to the game yesterday. I asked him about the Raider fans. He said that in his section, they behaved. He said there was some back and forth between team fans.

We had this discussion about how the Charger fans have sold their tickets. His point is that they do this to make money. I said I do not believe that is the reason. These people do not want to be subjected to the negativity brought on by the Raider fans.

So, rather than stay home and get nothing, they sell their tickets and recoup some of the price. Many were club seats which are quite costly.

I believe many Raider fans made the easy drive from LA. If they can go to 1 game a year, this is probably it.
When the Chargers are winning, our fans will be there. That is how it is in San Diego.

Now about the transplants. I am a transplant. But, I am a sincere Charger fan and wear the gear. If the Chicago Bears come here (my hometown), I wear Charger gear.

It's like a switch you throw in your head. You live in San Diego, why cheer for the Bears, or the Packers, or the Giants. If your city was so great where you left, why did you leave. It's time you grow up and cheer for San Diego. Otherwise, you are not completely part of this city, really.

I expressed this at a tailgate at the Q one time. People get very hostile.

Last edited by sdcat; 12-19-2016 at 04:05 PM..
Old 12-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcat View Post
My good friend went to the game yesterday. I asked him about the Raider fans. He said that in his section, they behaved. He said there was some back and forth between team fans.

We had this discussion about how the Charger fans have sold their tickets. His point is that they do this to make money. I said I do not believe that is the reason. These people do not want to be subjected to the negativity brought on by the Raider fans.

So, rather than stay home and get nothing, they sell their tickets and recoup some of the price. Many were club seats which are quite costly.

I believe many Raider fans made the easy drive from LA. If they can go to 1 game a year, this is probably it.
When the Chargers are winning, our fans will be there. That is how it is in San Diego.

Now about the transplants. I am a transplant. But, I am a sincere Charger fan and wear the gear. If the Chicago Bears come here (my hometown), I wear Charger gear.

It's like a switch you throw in your head. You live in San Diego, why cheer for the Bears, or the Packers, or the Giants. If your city was so great where you left, why did you leave. It's time you grow up and cheer for San Diego. Otherwise, you are not completely part of this city, really.

I expressed this at a tailgate at the Q one time. People get very hostile.
The guy that sits behind me sold his tickets for $399 each. I understand why they sold
Old 01-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Veteran

the raider game quandary is a bit of a downward spiral. i used to like going to the raider game, but the people around me would sell their tickets, leaving me surrounded by raider fans (usually rude raider fans). i would even ask them to sell the tickets to me, and i would bring more people, which did not work. in the end, i gave up and started selling.

this topic is like most others for a team that has a lot "fair weather" fans: if the chargers are a winning team, this will all take care of itself. if they are 5-11, get used to it.

calling it like i see it, season ticket holder since 2002. fan since 1979.