Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Hall of Famer

If it doesn't freaking matter, then I was respectfully asking why not? No reply. Some mod mentioned that allowing extra time before a post is marked as edited (that hasn't been responded to) might get fooled around with by no good types. I doubt that. If so...kindly please explain

It's not a huge deal. I've successfully petitioned other forums to extend their "Edited By" time if no replies are made, and they had no problem with doing it. That's all I'm saying. As to why I would like it extended a bit longer, I've stated that numerous times.

Extend it by a minute more and I promise the forum won't come crashing down. Right now it's at 30-60 seconds or something?

What would it hurt? It would tidy up the look of my posts when I need to make myself more clear, or want to correct some punctuation, or correct a fact in my post. There, that's why, for the 3rd time. My request is so damn harmless! Now, for the 3rd time why won't any mod or admin say why it's not gonna happen?

Forget it. No chime ins from non admins or mods if you don't mind.

Last edited by Caslon; 03-23-2015 at 08:22 PM..
Old 03-23-2015, 08:21 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
If it doesn't freaking matter, then I was respectfully asking why not? No reply. Some mod mentioned that allowing extra time before a post is marked as edited (that hasn't been responded to) might get fooled around with by no good types. I doubt that. If so...kindly please explain

It's not a huge deal. I've successfully petitioned other forums to extend their "Edited By" time if no replies are made, and they had no problem with doing it. That's all I'm saying. As to why I would like it extended a bit longer, I've stated that numerous times.

Extend it by a minute more and I promise the forum won't come crashing down. Right now it's at 30-60 seconds or something?

What would it hurt? It would tidy up the look of my posts when I need to make myself more clear, or want to correct some punctuation, or correct a fact in my post. There, that's why, for the 3rd time. Now, for the 3rd time why won't any mod or admin say why it's not gonna happen?
Thank you.

Thanking for making this thread, and thank you for keeping it alive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Hall of Famer

You just did, chime in boy. Are you an admin with any capability to act on my request or explain things ? No. Then kindly....
Old 03-23-2015, 08:24 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
You jsut did chime in boy. Are you an admin with any capability to act on my request ? No.
Oh. My. Gawd.

You really just, unintentionally and unwittingly, proved the point.

I'll give you 5 minutes to guess how, and withhold any further response until then.

The all-important clock is ticking.

p.s. Thankss for calling me "boy."

Old 03-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Oh. My. Gawd.

You really just, unintentionally and unwittingly, proved the point.

I'll give you 5 minutes to guess how, and withhold any further response until then.

The all-important clock is ticking.

p.s. Thankss for calling me "boy."
This isn't a poll. You're not an admin or mod. Why chime in?
Go ahead and explain it to me. Can't? Then continue to chime in, uselessly. This is a feedback for the mods or admins, not chime ins (boy or not).

If I get banned again, it'll be because the admins said "that's the way it's gonna be with no reasonable explanation given on my request, except to say get it right the first time. Then take erasers off pencils I guess.

I give an admin permission to lock this thread as I am getting nowhere with my request or a reasonable thought out explanation. I can live with that. If an admin were to consider extending the time a bit more, I would be grateful. I don't make requests here often, if at all.

Last edited by Caslon; 03-23-2015 at 08:42 PM..
Old 03-23-2015, 08:42 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
This isn't a poll. You're not an admin or mod. Why chime in?
Go ahead and explain it to me. Can't? Then continue to chime in, uselessly. This is a feedback for the mods or admins, not chime ins (boy or not).
So, by this post, you admit that you really couldn't figure it out?

Really?

Last chance.

p.s. Oh, boy, do I have some funny monikers for you -- but I don't do that. You can keep it up, though. Doesn't bother me.

p.p.s. Last chance . . . . .

Old 03-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Hall of Famer

I made a request and don't seem to have gotten a satisfactory explanation. Stop adding posts here with vague replies like your last two. You have 5 minutes to get that! You'll just chime in with more "OMG...you don't get it. That's all you'll chime in with. Stellar replies, just stellar!

I'll be grateful for this thread getting locked. I didn't get a satisfactory answer (from admins, not lookie loos). Then so be it. I can live with it.

Last edited by Caslon; 03-23-2015 at 08:53 PM..
Old 03-23-2015, 08:55 PM
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Quote:

I think the reasoning is to due with people who quote your post. The major reason is that the actual person who runs the cmb rarely does anything. The mods can only ask for what you're asking to be done, it can't be done by them.

It is at least 2-3 minutes now. I quite often edit my posts and have often avoided the Edited By.

What would it hurt? It would tidy up the look of my posts when I need to make myself more clear, or want to correct some punctuation, or correct a fact in my post. There, that's why, for the 3rd time. My request is so damn harmless! Now, for the 3rd time why won't any mod or admin say why it's not gonna happen?

So your whole reason for not wanting the Edited By is so it looks tidy? On most of your posts that i see your edit has come after 5 minutes anyway.

Forget it. No chime ins from non admins or mods if you don't mind.
TL;DR Mods can't change settings afaik

.. Turns out you got 2 minutes to get an edit in.

Quote:
I made a request and don't seem to have gotten a satisfactory explanation. Stop adding posts here with vague replies like your last two. You have 5 minutes to get that! You'll just chime in with more "OMG...you don't get it. That's all you'll chime in with. Stellar replies, just stellar!
That's a trait of LTOCB's.

Last edited by joshie4; 03-23-2015 at 08:58 PM..
Old 03-23-2015, 08:58 PM
Hall of Famer

I tell ya, Old Boy, I think it has to do with texting while driving.

Last edited by woodeye2000; 03-23-2015 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: was able to fix punctuation on my android at stoplight
Old 03-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Hall of Famer

I dislike chimes.

Last edited by chargertom; 03-23-2015 at 09:11 PM..
Closed Thread