Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM
Go Chargers!

It's good to hear the early news about Tyrell's progress to this point, I hope it continues and he provides valuable depth @ WR for this yr and is able to work his way up to be a future starter with continued improvement learning behind Keenan, T. Benjamin, Stevie J.

Recent 7 on 7 toe tap catch:
http://www.chargers.com/video/2016/0...-tapping-catch

Good luck to him!

Go Chargers!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:49 AM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by since 61 View Post
Correct, Dom Williams
Devonte Herndon may be on the bubble.
Meh..... Herndon had no business on this roster last year. He basically got it by default because of our lack or returners, and he hardly showed any worth there.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Green text is the worst

I hope this is legit. Williams is the ideal candidate for offseason fluff articles due to his measurables. But there's also no reason to rule out his development and potential to help the team. If he panned out, our pass catching group with TE's and backs included would be pretty stacked and diversified.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
I hope this is legit. Williams is the ideal candidate for offseason fluff articles due to his measurables. But there's also no reason to rule out his development and potential to help the team. If he panned out, our pass catching group with TE's and backs included would be pretty stacked and diversified.
That's why I have been so hopeful for him to get it together. His combo of size and speed isn't something we've had since VJ and he is the type of WR that gives CB's fits because he can run by you or just post you up.

He's flashed the potential, now he just needs to keep working on consistency.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:22 AM
Hall of Famer

At times Tyrell, really flashes. He shows Ladarius Green-type explosion. This guy can put the Super back in Chargers. He must go from raw to polished.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
The fluff articles about his accomplishments at OTAs and his connection with Rivers. the videos of his catches in camp are encouraging. He was the proverbial man among boys playing at Western Oregon, got a little culture shock in the NFL pool last year but seems to be up and coming now.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
At times Tyrell, really flashes. He shows Ladarius Green-type explosion. This guy can put the Super back in Chargers. He must go from raw to polished.
No doubt. Including his preseason stats, he has 12 rec's for 227yds (18.91avg) and 2 TD's (63 & 80yds). He has game changing ability, he just has to harness it.

He also has the makings to become a hell of a gunner.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
That's why I have been so hopeful for him to get it together. His combo of size and speed isn't something we've had since VJ and he is the type of WR that gives CB's fits because he can run by you or just post you up.

He's flashed the potential, now he just needs to keep working on consistency.
VJ took awhile before he stepped up his game, he ran a 4.46 but was bigger all the way around. If this guy is a ball hawk then we have a gem, I was hoping that the wideout we took a couple years ago would make it be that fell through he was really fast and really small 165lbs..(Reese I think?)

Cant wait I need me some football!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Nick (QB coach last year, WR coach this year) recently made the following comment on TW:
Quote:
Chargers.com: Tyrell Williams came on strong at the end of last season. How has his offseason been, and is he taking those next steps?

Sirianni: I think he is. Tyrell is very eager to learn, and he’s very eager to improve his game. He’s hungry. He takes every little thing you give him, and I have seen him steadily get better every single game. He’s taken the opportunities he’s gotten, and he’s proven to me he has the abilities you need to beat press man coverage. He catches the ball well, and he’s big and fast. He’s relentless and he can run all day. When a player can do that, he wears a cornerback down. His arrow and game are ascending quickly.
Beating press man is a mantra for the WRs, as that's what they'll see the most of within the division. If he continues on his current path, he stands a good chance of making a difference.

Nick's full view of this year's crop of WRs is here...
Old 06-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Yes...I can recall when the CMB first shared clips of Tyrell while at Western Oregon thinking this guy is raw but pretty talented! Clips don't lie.

Rivers loves to throw the deep ball especially to tall wide outs. With Malcolm retired, maybe Tyrell can be the next talented undrafted free agent to add to our roster and start on a regular basis.

Go Bolts!