Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
New song:
"Los Angeles Superchargers":
(Note changes in bold bolt text)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-19-2017, 06:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Fight For LA

by Randy Newman

Old 02-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Since the team says fight for LA the theme song should be 2pac's 'Live and die in LA'.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 AM
昇龍拳 Shōryūken

What no milli vanilli?

Ba, ba, ba, ba,
Ba, ba, ba, ba baby
Don't forget your seat number
Baby, Lightning is stronger than thunder

Ba, ba, ba, ba,
Ba, ba, ba, ba baby
Don't forget your seat number
Ain't gettin' nosebleeds soon

I've been seated high
I've been seated low
I want stubhub to get 30k full
Old 03-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Veteran

Question? So you guys are in LA now, why not put up a contest for the theme song? I mean it is pretty tough to find an existing song to accommodate the Chargers' theme, so it has to be written by somebody, am I correct? So why not use the creative juice of LA and see what you can find? Pay some artist to do their bits and promote through them.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 03-06-2017 at 12:52 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Veteran

Also, I have a question about the interface of the chargers.com website. Does NFL has a certain format or guideline that restrict the content or what can be seen on front page? I rarely do see anything that is fan interactive on front page on any NFL team web. I think in this day and age it is so easy for fan to take a little piece of ownership by making their footprint on their team in a personal manner. So my question is, is something like a twitter feed update or snapchat update that shows people who have hashtag or share a certain object that relate to the chargers and stuff if content is reviewed by your pr folks before being shown? Just curious
Old 03-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Hall of Famer

They do not need a theme song lol cmon...

Old 03-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Veteran

lol you are right no team actually need a theme song, my point of the idea is that the process of it is equally as important to what comes of it. It opens up the conversation of the Chargers to a group of people that might not necessarily even be football fans. Could be some kid with a drumpad and a keyboard or could be some known artist think this is fun or could be some dude that normally only sings in the shower haha. Idea is to engage more people to be interested in the Chargers rather they were a fan or not. And LA is full of "artist" and that could play into the culture also.

Social media is such a great tool so why not use it. It is the best way to be personal from a distant haha It could be fun. Samples or short clips like those on snpachat or instagram can easily be scroll through and they can comment and score each others clips; open up the dialogue about the chargers rather it be directly or indirectly. Beside if 500 people submit, is it so bad that at least 500 people sit there thinking nothing but the chargers when they probably normally don't haha.

On a side note, I always admire the terrace chant in soccer that give it the "bigger than whatever it is" feeling. I haven't felt that in any other sport venue except for going to a soccer game. Something about the the chant is that it almost serves as a pledge to each other and an immediate acceptance from total strangers haha. I don't even know whatever it is but it certainly at times felt bigger than the sport itself, almost as if it takes on it own identity. So....... last question What's our chant?
Old 03-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Summer is Here!

A new team song? How about a new team name! As really can't get used to calling them the LA Chargers.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:52 PM
Rookie

I have been a Chargers from around 10 years old. I will continue to support the L.A. Chargers as long as they keep the CHARGERS as their name.

Does anyone here have any inside info on if they will re -brand for sure ? And if they do , will it just be a uniform change ? I will be dead inside if they drop the Charger name. Please tell me that they are just planning to tweak the uniforms only.