Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Unfathomable pinheadery.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantRun View Post
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
All we are saying is give Lynn a chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantRun View Post
Bosa joins Ingram, Gates, and Rivers in the skipping of voluntary workouts.

2 free passes, a franchise tag, and a DROY.

Long term outlook: Melvin and Joey aren't going to be career-long players for the Chargers like Gates and Rivers have been. And I can't say I blame them considering what ownership has put the team, players, and previous community through.

Lynn and the new coaching staff are definitely steps in the right direction. But they are baby steps. Gates and Rivers are probably more apathetic than anyone else on the roster. Ingram and Bosa probably can't wait to get away from the organization.

Sucks.
PR is almost certainly enjoying a Spring Break vacation while his kids are out of school. He'll be attending next week. Apathetic is the last word in the dictionary that I would ever use in describing him. Totally committed is the more apt description, and that includes his family life.

Gates? He has attended earlier offseason workouts this year and plans to attend more than in past years.

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/04...-about-move-la

Given the fact that Ingram hasn't signed his franchise tag contract to date, he joins pretty much everybody around the league who haven't signed their contract by staying away from voluntary workouts. On the positive side, Ingram not signing the contract brings hope that perhaps he'll sign a long-term deal before the July 15th deadline.

Finally, that leaves Bosa. If there's one thing that we learned last year, it's that Bosa marches to the beat of his own drummer. Do I wish he were in SD for the workouts? Yes. Am I concerned? No, the only concerning matter would be if he skipped mandatory minicamp since he is under contract for 2017.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:40 PM
Hall of Famer

I still disagree with everyone who says if he gets 10+ sacks it doesn't matter etc... Football is the ultimate team sport and it says something about a player who doesn't want to be "Doing work" with his guys.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:27 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAFLBOLTFAN View Post
I still disagree with everyone who says if he gets 10+ sacks it doesn't matter etc... Football is the ultimate team sport and it says something about a player who doesn't want to be "Doing work" with his guys.
we simply don't know this.
maybe he has a perfectly valid reason
and he was never a leader-type
more the "best talent" guy
so even if he DID just avoid "doing work"
im not worried about this being contagious

Old 04-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I really don't think any of his teammates will think less of him as long as he shows up to TC in shape with the playbook down. So long as they see he put in the work they will be good IMO.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Rookie

My opinion is based on the chance that after working for a particular employer for 10+ years, buying into everything that they're preaching, and then to have most of it completely turn on it's head... perhaps one could feel just a tad grated at the whole thing during the twilight of their tenure.

Last edited by chargertom; 04-20-2017 at 12:28 PM..
Old 04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
I'm with you on this.

BTW -- last year (which was different because of a contract dispute) didn't he work out with his own guy? And then when he did finally get to camp, didn't he blow a hammy right away? Or did he blow it before reporting, while training with "his guy"? Either way, it didn't work out so well.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

“I have absolutely zero problems with guys not showing up to offseason workouts at the team facility,” Hardwick said. “I find that if guys would do what’s in their best interest to get them at their peak, optimal physical readiness to get ready to compete for the season... if everybody shared that mentality, and then when they showed, they’re were voracious about getting to know one another and spend time together -- being all in and committed -- I think you would get better results than having one strength coach and one assistant strength coach for 85 guys, spending an hour and a half on the field with them four days a week.

“More guys should be doing what Joey is.” - Nick Hardwick

Also, the "guy" Bosa is working out with is former Chargers strength coach Todd Rice, who Bosa credits with getting him back from his hamstring injury last year ahead of schedule.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Rookie

I think these voluntary workouts are more about building chemistry/camaraderie than getting in shape.

I don't care how successful any player was in previous seasons... there is something about sweating/bleeding/and working along side of each other... and building true relationships happens between all of those things in the downtime.

We are a 9-23 team over the last two years. Time to bring it together as a tight knit team and "Always Compete" for a successful 2017 run