Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
There is zero flaw with that logic.

We have a fan -- a real live fan -- saying that he feels alienated by that type of thing.

I don't know if there are 5, or 500, or 5,000, or 10,000 others who share that belief.

But it is not a logical flaw.

On the other side of the coin, do you think "traveling fans" go to opposing stadiums because they expect the powers-that-be from the home team to provide them with warm fuzzies?

If so, I would make greater efforts to go to Philly, NY, Denver, and Oakland games on the road.
i see what you're saying. then i have 0 explanation on why the organization is doing that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:46 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
i see what you're saying. then i have 0 explanation on why the organization is doing that.
Based on what Joel said, I believe it was probably never intentional. I think they did a couple of things that they didn't realize how they would be perceived. Sometimes big companies need a little heads-up about certain things they can be aware of, and improve upon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
it was flacco, maybe Spanos can put up one of Eli though with a handwritten apology for drafting him when the Giants come to town.
Thanks for the catch, it was Flacco, now ban yourself for 51 hours for attempting to correct me.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Veteran

This talk about how Charger fans dont fill the stadium themselves may be valid but the only reason that is, is because there isnt a winner on the field. This "problem" is not exclusive to the Chargers or SD. Win on the field, and all of SD will come to the Q. Lose games over and over and over again with 1:15 left in the 4th and the window will be open for opposing fans to come here. Ive been going to every game for nearly my entire life and during the "LT era" when we were winning games and the city was excited, you saw nothing but Charger blue in the stands. Now, I will give you that we do get an excess of out of town fans that want to come here. Its freaking San Diego! When they look at their teams schedule and think...hmmmmm...what away game should we spend our vacation time and money on this year? Lets see, Green Bay or San Diego? Oakland or San Diego? Hmmmm....Baltimore or San Diego? Chances are people are going to travel to SD. Its just the way it is. We can "fix" this problem though but winning. Ive seen it done.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:09 PM
BHC Secretary of State

Cool

i'll add to this...

we're in san diego. home of the best beer in the WORLD. not state, not country, the whole damn world. can we please get some local brew at the Q? i see many other teams have at least a couple local options... do we have some kind of hands-tied-behind-the-back deal with corporate macro brew? is the front office completely unaware that we're the best beer city in the country?

if it's the difference between paying $8 for a bud light or $10 for something local that i can actually taste, i'll gladly shove over the extra 2 bucks while i'm treating myself. i guarantee you i'm not alone in this sentiment.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Rookie

I could not agree more on this. how could the front office be so off point. I'm glad to know that I was not the only one that felt that way. I do think that is does so how the front office is not connected with that fans, it was like it was a big punch in the face. The front office goes and ask everyone to weir all white, did you guys see how much white was in the stadium and how loud it was. as for the beer I'm also for having a local macro brew to be at the Q.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Rookie

Not only was it the worst possible band choice, but the stage and equipment blocked the view of many fans down in the field level. I could see them struggling to look around all the stuff that was left right in front of them.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
not to kill your buzz. I hear your words and see your point. However, if it were up to chargers fans the stadium would never sell out, and we'd never see a single game on TV. Look how many games were blacked out within the last 2 years.

I cannot blame for the organization to welcome and lure in the opposing fans. They are buying tickets. It's a business after all.

That said, make another open letter to chargers fans telling them to grab their seats and fill up the stadium.

Cheers
FYI The team borrowed our money to "upgrade" the stadium,so no we shouldnt have to buy tickets as well necessarily.Its a dilapidated joke of a stadium anymore.Parkings 30$ and traffics an absolute nightmare.Besides the fact that Norvus and the Management has ran this team into the ground for 5 years.So apparently we need the "diehards" opponents fans to sell out and if we have to endure some nonsensical half time show,so be it.
You guys would complain if someone gave you a new rope to hang yourself with..........
^^^^^^^^^^^see how i did that.i complained about youre complaint,than i accused you of complaining.....

Last edited by jaydouble; 09-29-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 09-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Only two complaints this week:

1) The lady on the field pre-game holding the flag had a Cowboys style hat on.

2) They kept playing country music pre-game. Usually it is hiphop.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:11 PM
<< Eeyooh, boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Only two complaints this week:

1) The lady on the field pre-game holding the flag had a Cowboys style hat on.

2) They kept playing country music pre-game. Usually it is hiphop.
I've been with you on this, as you know. But those things aren't complaint worthy, IMO. At least not playing some country music. That genre is pretty well acceptable to all sorts of demographics. I hear it all over the place. Seriously. Would you complain if they did play hiphop, while the Raiders were in town?

You made a good point, and it got heard. Personally, I'd suggest reserving additional complaints for any things that may come up that are fairly egregious.