Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
Having Rivers not play is the opposite of a blessing. We know Clemens and Jones aren't franchise QBs. Draft one, so he can take over in ABOUT 6 MONTHS (a few years) REGARDLESS OF when Rivers retires.
THERE...fixed it for 'ya!

Old 11-14-2017, 08:45 PM
Hall of Famer

How many here thought Dak Prescott was a potential franchise quarterback?

Drafted in the 4th round he took advantage of his opportunity and led the Cowboys to the playoffs in his rookie year. Draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round while drafting the top talent to bolster the offensive line (right tackle) and/or middle of the defense (LB/ Safety.

Cowboys struck gold. This would be the ideal scenario for the Bolts. Just don't know if management can pull it off. Maybe it's time for TT to move on. He's had ample time to build this roster. He's wasting picks to fill missed picks from prior drafts. A new approach is welcome!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:56 PM
vagabond ninja

IMO TT has done an admirable job at least the last 2 drafts. but how the coaches use TT's picks is a whole other issue. and some freak injuries (Lamp, with no prior injury history) derailed a bit of his draft. I firmly believe QB needs to be high on the priority this offseason. rivers isnt getting any younger or any better; he may stay status quo but really I dont believe he can get it done in the crunch. when he brought the team back from down earlier this season I almost fell outa my chair. those come-from-behind victories are few and far between for him now.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The first argument was whether Gus was better than Pagano.

He wasn't wrong. Spanos was. You are.
As to the first, time will tell. They are playing well now. I thought Pagano had em playing well also.

We'll never know what would have happened had Joey gotten into camp on time. I've moved on. Spanos has moved. Bosa has dominated.

When in doubt, Moe's wrong.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
As to the first, time will tell. They are playing well now. I thought Pagano had em playing well also.

We'll never know what would have happened had Joey gotten into camp on time. I've moved on. Spanos has moved. Bosa has dominated.

Fair enough.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Rookie

so, is he dingy or not?
Old 11-15-2017, 12:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
IMO TT has done an admirable job at least the last 2 drafts. but how the coaches use TT's picks is a whole other issue. and some freak injuries (Lamp, with no prior injury history) derailed a bit of his draft. I firmly believe QB needs to be high on the priority this offseason. rivers isnt getting any younger or any better; he may stay status quo but really I dont believe he can get it done in the crunch. when he brought the team back from down earlier this season I almost fell outa my chair. those come-from-behind victories are few and far between for him now.
Brady and Brees are still doing well despite their age. Because the coaching behind them are using them in ways to make them still be successful. That's what Rivers is lacking. Those of us who point out to having a good head coach have talked about it countless times.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:19 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post

When you rushed to say there are better players now, I knew I had you. It was a lame attempt, and you know it. I will boldly make another statement that as a coach you will not like: After that many years of average, and I am being kind with average, Pagano lost the locker room and it was past time for him to go.

Gus Bradley is ONLY 9 GAMES IN as our DC, and has the defense playing terrific. You mentioned bad areas, and honestly, I don't see it. The Dline is playing out of their freaking minds. That's a period there coach. I believe the secondary is doing terrific. One area is that Verrett got hurt early, and Gus has Trev. Williams playing straight football as his replacement.

The only level left is the linebackers. While they may not be individual superstars there, GUS HAS THEM PLAYING AS A UNIT. When you don't have a star, you have to have them play as a team, a unit, a corp, or a group.
Gus Bradley is doing exactly that. Pagano was really lacking in this area.
Only 9 games in and the future is bright on Defense.

Won't you Bag Up to help the Chargers cause ?

Give. Give till it hurts.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Good points Freak.
And here Eye thought
You only knew hockey...
Old 11-15-2017, 03:07 AM
outback goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
When you rushed to say there are better players now, I knew I had you. It was a lame attempt, and you know it. I will boldly make another statement that as a coach you will not like: After that many years of average, and I am being kind with average, Pagano lost the locker room and it was past time for him to go.

Gus Bradley is ONLY 9 GAMES IN as our DC, and has the defense playing terrific. You mentioned bad areas, and honestly, I don't see it. The Dline is playing out of their freaking minds. That's a period there coach. I believe the secondary is doing terrific. One area is that Verrett got hurt early, and Gus has Trev. Williams playing straight football as his replacement.

The only level left is the linebackers. While they may not be individual superstars there, GUS HAS THEM PLAYING AS A UNIT. When you don't have a star, you have to have them play as a team, a unit, a corp, or a group.
Gus Bradley is doing exactly that. Pagano was really lacking in this area.
Only 9 games in and the future is bright on Defense.
good points freak.

I want to add: 2016 offense turned the ball over way more than 2017 offense, thus Pagano's def was on the field many more minutes and tired much faster.
Still i'm loving what Bradley has done so far.