Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
And they called Bosa for flinging Bortles to the ground gently.

All the ticky tack calls that were made, but no protection for Rivers.
That call was absolutely ridiculous against bosa. The Refs missed so many things yesterday and got so much wrong.

Last edited by SD SneakKing; 11-13-2017 at 06:17 PM..
Old 11-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Charger 81 View Post
Yea, looked like he had helmet contact on that one.
https://twitter.com/boltupla/status/930232044067655680

Hereís a good pic of it. Definitely ended up helmet to helmet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:31 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
And they called Bosa for flinging Bortles to the ground gently.

All the ticky tack calls that were made, but no protection for Rivers.
As frustrating as the Bosa penalty was, I put that in him, that gets called every time after the qb has thrown the ball, and itís Bosa's responsibility to be aware.
But given they horrible referring job all game long itís ironic that they call a ticky tac penalty like that while letting a veteran qb like rivers get murdered.

I donít think there is a conspiracy to bench rivers but it would be the best way to do that for both sides if so. But if Clemmons gets the start over Jones (which is what he said would happen if rivers is unavailable) I think Iíll officially be done supporting coach Lynn. The caveat being that Clemmons only starts games while mathematically still in playoff contention, I wouldnít agree woth it, but thatís a veteran respect move. Still, if Clemmons starts a game while weíre mathematically eliminated, I will have no more faith in Lynn.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buef View Post
GIF please. NFL should have to answer as to why these were not called. Since it wasn't Brady, they will just ignore it.
https://twitter.com/youatrip/status/930126598522785792

Hereís the gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittydog View Post
If Rivers doesn't play.

I don't want to see Clemens.
I think it would be interesting to see Cardale. He has some tools.
He has more accuracy and touch than he is being given credit for.
He has decent mobility and can throw on the run. He has plenty of arm strength, Benjamin can fly he can throw a go get it pass.
I would think they could simplify the offense for him. Give him a coverage read with 2 receiving options and if he doesn't like what he sees, hit the check down or tuck it, run & slide.
Like your game plan, Critty. And make the two receiving options mostly short to mid-range passes, so he won't get nailed by the pass rush...give the kid a chance to build his confidence...

Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
As frustrating as the Bosa penalty was, I put that in him, that gets called every time after the qb has thrown the ball, and itís Bosa's responsibility to be aware.
But given they horrible referring job all game long itís ironic that they call a ticky tac penalty like that while letting a veteran qb like rivers get murdered.

I donít think there is a conspiracy to bench rivers but it would be the best way to do that for both sides if so. But if Clemmons gets the start over Jones (which is what he said would happen if rivers is unavailable) I think Iíll officially be done supporting coach Lynn. The caveat being that Clemmons only starts games while mathematically still in playoff contention, I wouldnít agree woth it, but thatís a veteran respect move. Still, if Clemmons starts a game while weíre mathematically eliminated, I will have no more faith in Lynn.
If Rivers is out and I don't think he will be, it's only going to be for 1 game. If it's more than 1 game then something's up.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Veteran

Quote:

Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but do you actually believe Jones has any chance of playing anywhere close to as well as Rivers? It's almost like you are excited about this.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Eh makes no sense to me. Jones beat him out on the initial 53 roster so bleh

Old 11-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Blame Butts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
At a minimum it will shut up everyone who thinks he can "ball out".

He'll rush for 75 yards and TD, to go along with 12/25 117yds-2 int throwing.
Yo stud, if youíre interested in shutting people up, start and stop with your account, since you know, half your posts arenít about football.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
Damn, that pisses me off.
Closed Thread