Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
As a matter of fact if the Chargers finished 10-6 there is a high probability they would be in the playoffs... To me this team has the talent to win these final 7 games... Wouldn't even be shocked if PR was good to go this week and it happened. However this HC & OC don't seem to have the stuff to get it together at this point, and Rivers maybe has confidence issues with this system and culture?
Many teams have missed the playoffs at 10-6. http://www.profootballhof.com/news/f...-the-playoffs/

11 wins is the number to get you in the playoffs.

This Chargers franchise hasn't won more than 9 games since 2009. We've gone a whole decade below 10 wins.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Hall of Famer

is it too late to trade Rivers to Housten or Miami or ANYBODY?!!!! I dont blame it all on him, some has to go on Lynn and Whiz, but 3rd n 1, 3rd n 2, or closing out the game, PR just cannot get it done this year, last year, or did he ever?! Stats dont lie, he is not a winning QB.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
is it too late to trade Rivers to Housten or Miami or ANYBODY?!!!! I dont blame it all on him, some has to go on Lynn and Whiz, but 3rd n 1, 3rd n 2, or closing out the game, PR just cannot get it done this year, last year, or did he ever?! Stats dont lie, he is not a winning QB.
Lynn is calling runs on 3rd and short.

And Rivers has "closed out" quite a few games already this season.

Get a clue.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Many teams have missed the playoffs at 10-6. http://www.profootballhof.com/news/f...-the-playoffs/

This Chargers franchise hasn't won more than 9 games since 2009. We've gone a whole decade below 10 wins.
There is no set number. Pats missed a wildcats at 11-5 one year. Chargers got in at 8-8 before. It all depends on the season. And right now, with the current standings and remaining schedules, I believe a 9-7 team will get an AFC wildcard.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Everyone who wants a QB change can't see the light. Had Brees never left people would be saying he's washed up, time to get a new qb ... if we had Tom Brady people would be saying he is 40 and needs to retire. Why? Because of the offensive line and the play calling. This is not Rivers fault. Brees and Brady throw plenty of interceptions. Put Rivers in New England and you don't think that at 5 years younger than Brady (and Rivers has also thrown for more yards than Brady the past 10 years with worse coaching and lineman) that Rivers wouldn't be playing lights out under Bellicheck and Daniels? If you truly believe that he wouldn't be then you are denial. Put Brady or Brees in Cleveland and let's see where their #'s would be and the chants of please retire in their forums. Trading Rivers doesn't turn this team into a contender because what we need to do instead is trade the HC & OC but that isn't the way it works
Old 11-13-2017, 09:32 PM
All-Pro

Quote:

Rivers also leads in balls thrown away... coincidence? 🤔
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Get a clue.
I agree Rivers has a couple more good seasons in him. But the question is how far away is the whole team from being a team that can even make it into the playoffs.

Rivers isn't any longer the future of this franchise, He is the 4th oldest starting QB on a subpar team. Its rebuilding time and a Rivers trade will help with that..

2-3 Drafts with the defense we have (good start).. And the Chargers could be a playoff team.

Lol as sad as it makes me to say this. But the Chargers are turning into the Browns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Oldschoolbolts; 11-13-2017 at 10:06 PM..
Old 11-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Get a clue.
Quite a few? We’ve only won 3
Old 11-13-2017, 10:21 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Seems that way. But Rivers will play this weekend, and win. We finish 9-7 and sneak into playoffs, despite Anthony Lynn.
It is never over until it's over. If the Bolts were consistently being blown out, I would view it differently. Anyone who says the Chargers don't stand a chance have tunnel vision. This season, a vast majority of the AFC is mediocre.

Quote:

This year I think 10-6 guarantees you a spot and 9-7 takes you down to weird tiebreakers.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
It is never over until it's over. If the Bolts were consistently being blown out, I would view it differently. Anyone who says the Chargers don't stand a chance have tunnel vision. This season, a vast majority of the AFC is mediocre.

This year I think 10-6 guarantees you a spot and 9-7 takes you down to weird tiebreakers.

This team was just gifted Bills and Fins losses. The 2nd afc wildcard spot is right there for the taking. Win against the Bills and ride the momentum. I see the hope there, but we know it will be all for not with the lackluster coaching once again unless they get a clue starting this weekend.

This has been the mantra for several seasons. Bolts are in it and have enough talent to win, but they just keep it close in most games hoping to come away with a win which usually fails. Bad coaching has created a losing mentality on this team repeatedly. Lynn looks like another yes man who hasn't a clue what he is doing.

When something isn't working, you have to adjust. You can't be this stubborn and expect to win when you repeatedly ignore the team strengths.
Closed Thread