Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Boltfan92153

Each of our CB's are not complete. Jammer hits hard and is very physical (both good and bad: tackling and penaltys) D FLo is our best playmaker and coverage CB but is not a great tackling CB. Sammy Davis is not Physical, but can cover well in the short range, he is like 6'0 190 or something so his height should help him, and his weight is low and will not help him to bounce of tacklers, his #1 weakness is confidence and strength. He did well as a rookie, but was over matched last year. He also is not strong. He has a lot of talent though
Old 06-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Stuck on Chillin

the proof is in the pictures. bad techinique by jammer, hips closed, dflo hips open. dflo seeing his man and the ball, jammer seeing...not sure where he is looking? At dflo for help maybe? Anytime the receiver is looking sqaure at your back he is in control of the route, because you are out of position.

Last edited by SDynasty; 06-12-2005 at 01:54 PM..
Old 06-12-2005, 01:56 PM
compubolt

Here is jammer practicing with sammy next to him

Here is D-flo in a 0ne on one

Old 06-12-2005, 02:01 PM
compubolt

Here is Jammer in a one - on - one getting beat

Here the catch is made, all the DB's were getting beat yesterday. I heard today they were really playing much better.

I watched the DB's, I though Jue had great movement and quickness, D-flo looks good, keeps his man close and I wants to make a play. Jammer seemed a little timid, Kiel looked ok, but he did not seem to be going all out on most plays.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:15 PM
All-World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdfan
Nice insight. He should work on back-pedal sprints...grueling, repeated back-pedal sprints...keep feet moving and chopping....to superbly condition those muscles and mechanics, and also, leg-crossover twist side-to-side sprints. Those condition the muscles/mechanics for the 'explosive break' out of the back-pedal (when he has to commit to going deep should the receiver continue a deeper route, etc.).
That particular photo shows Jammer when he is changing from his back pedal to run. Osgood sold the go route very well here as you can see Osgood just beginning to slow down and Jammer has almost completed his turn to run down field.

Wr's always have the advantage and it looks as if Osgood waited til Jammer turned his hips to pull the route.

As far as D-flo's coverage. Where is the guy he is covering? He isn't in the frame. Besides the two routes are different. Of course D- Flo should have his hips turned more than Jammer because he is covering a horizontal route across the field where Jammer is defending a vertical route.

The cushion that Jammer is giving Osgood is needed especially when you consider the variables of that route Osgood is running. He could make it a hitch and go or it could end up being a post. That cushion is there in order to give Jammer the time to recognize the play and get in the best possible position to make a play on the ball.

People look at that photo and assume that Osgood is running an out when it could be something different. I would rather give up the 8 yard out than the 60 yard out and up.

Go Bolts!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:23 PM
joseph04

stop dissing jammer............
Old 06-12-2005, 02:23 PM
compubolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GdoubleE
That particular photo shows Jammer when he is changing from his back pedal to run. Osgood sold the go route very well here as you can see Osgood just beginning to slow down and Jammer has almost completed his turn to run down field.

Wr's always have the advantage and it looks as if Osgood waited til Jammer turned his hips to pull the route.

As far as D-flo's coverage. Where is the guy he is covering? He isn't in the frame. Besides the two routes are different. Of course D- Flo should have his hips turned more than Jammer because he is covering a horizontal route across the field where Jammer is defending a vertical route.

The cushion that Jammer is giving Osgood is needed especially when you consider the variables of that route Osgood is running. He could make it a hitch and go or it could end up being a post. That cushion is there in order to give Jammer the time to recognize the play and get in the best possible position to make a play on the ball.

People look at that photo and assume that Osgood is running an out when it could be something different. I would rather give up the 8 yard out than the 60 yard out and up.

Go Bolts!!!
On that play Osgood barely caught the ball in bounds, Godfrey claimed he was out of bounds. The offense was like 30 or 40 yards from the endzone.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:24 PM
compubolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph04
stop dissing jammer............

My point of posting the pics is not to diss him, but to show that all of the DB's were being beat. I have a three set of Davis being smoked in one on one drills but I wanted ot show D-flo being beat. I am a big jammer/kiel/d-flo fan. Jammer will get it going this year.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:32 PM
All-World

Seems like he is playing against the long play so that he doesn't get burned. Maybe he knows that there is still "NO safety help" ovewr the top especially with Wilson still in the line up.

People jump down his throat when he "gives" up the big play Which in itself is crazy because every big play he gave up he was right there step for step and the ball was placed in a very good position for the receiver to grab it.

Sometimes I really think most charger fans are too impatient. They want every first round draft pick to be LT. When they will realize that LT is superman compared to every other first rounder is beyonf prediction.

Go Bolts!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:34 PM
jsdfan

Quote:
Wr's always have the advantage ...
True true...nobody says it is easy for the DB's and the rules have made it even harder.
Quote:
...and it looks as if Osgood waited til Jammer turned his hips to pull the route....
That is what a good WR is going to instinctively do, to try and tie up the feet of the defender on the break. Explosive quickness is paramount in the DB 1-on-1 coverage...short choppy steps reduce the time getting into the 'explosive break', but expend more energy.
Closed Thread