Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 04:06 PM

Too funny...I'm sure he realizes we've been on his case for so many years from the quotes he made in that article. I know Jammer only means well for this team and I hope he does good this year and for the years to come.

Very too rarely do teams get a guy like Deion Sanders or a Charles Woodson these days.

Watching some games last year particularly the one where they played in Oakland...many times in that game have I seen Jammer playing off the WR and then getting smoked when the WR turns around and runs towards the ball (like a comeback pattern). At this point, both the WR and DB have eyes on the ball and Jammer just always seems to get burned. Collins picked up on it and I saw him do that route with his WR all day long.

DB is probably the hardest position to play in the NFL. You pretty much a WR's puppet which makes that position so hard to play...

Whatever the case...hope Jammer becomes the next spokesperson for Lasik Surgery on those radio sports Infomercials on 1090 next year.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomlinson21
Too funny...I'm sure he realizes we've been on his case for so many years from the quotes he made in that article. I know Jammer only means well for this team and I hope he does good this year and for the years to come.

Very too rarely do teams get a guy like Deion Sanders or a Charles Woodson these days.

C-Wood? Do you mean Rod Woodson?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTfan4life
C-Wood? Do you mean Rod Woodson?
No im pretty sure he meant Charles woodson

Before his injuries he was easily the top CB in the NFL, and if he got even a little help from the rest of the defense (and if he gets his contract situation taken care of) he will return to be the top CB in the NFL
Old 06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Boltneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarfish
That is his final excuse. If he blows this year, say bye bye.
That is just dumb. He is the Best Corner we have and is as good a coverage guy as any in the league save one or 2 truely eliete players.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I didn't do it

Well, its a good article, fun read, and makes me even more giddy about Jammer and the next season!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
friarfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltneck
That is just dumb. He is the Best Corner we have and is as good a coverage guy as any in the league save one or 2 truely eliete players.
Jammer is our 2nd best corner behind Drayton Florence.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:31 PM
vietdunker

I've noticed Jammer always come up "short" of a big play. When he tries to make a big play he screw up, just like he tried to intercept the ball in the playoff versus the Jets (he came up short catching the ball and the receiver got a touch down).

He is good BUT he just need a little more hustle, a little more work ethic, a little more self motivation and a little more self confident. He does has the skill to back up his words but he doens't have the heart to live up to his own expectation.

I think Jammer need to love the game like Ray Lewis or LaDainian Tomlinson. He just need a big intercept early in the season or a big shut-down on the opening game. He will have to face his own problems and not running away with excuses.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:40 PM
BlueandGoldRush

Quote:
Jammer is better than Florence. D-Flo has had, what, two or three good games, and you think he's our best CB?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

yeah that!
Old 06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietdunker
He is good BUT he just need a little more hustle, a little more work ethic, a little more self motivation and a little more self confident. He does has the skill to back up his words but he doens't have the heart to live up to his own expectation. He will have to face his own problems and not running away with excuses.
Did you even read the article? Nowhere in the article did he make an excuse for himself and Jammer does not have problems with intensity or lack of heart.

I honestly don't get all the animosity towards Jammer. The guy goes out and gets Lasik surgery in hopes of improving his eyesight and hopefully his CB play and y'all rip him for it?