Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Stuck on Chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby
I missed his excuse.

Please point it out where he said eyesight was his problem. This is what I caught and it doesn't seem like an excuse to me:

"Now I have to get my head around, get my eyes on the ball and let my eyes track the ball into my hands."

Sounds exactly like the things that have been said on this board for the past year.
I know I need to work on tracking the football in the air, Jammer said. I need to know where the ball is and get my head around. If I can get that aspect of the game, I think I can put myself in the company of the best guys in the league.

He also talked about wearing contacts. If you have lasik surgery you are implying you have bad eyesight.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:05 PM
sdjammer34

this is the most encouraging article i've read in a long time. glad i came home tonight to this. like everyone, most likely, i expected a lot from jammer since we drafted him. i like his aggresiveness and i do notices his above average cover skills. i know he hasn't always came up with the clutch play but, i do believe he has the necessary skills or is improving on 'em. i was at the 2003 kc @ sd game where he had 2 int's-amazing! i feel(more like hope, but i am pretty optimistic about it) like there will be more of that this season. geez, i cannot wait!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:07 PM
phicart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts
So you wouldn't care if we had a guy with Randy Moss's Attitude running around here? Yes, they may make big plays but theres always gonna be that class act out there making big plays and not be a big jerk about....LT comes to mind
Lewis and Moss are two different type personalities...Lewis is insane with team enthusiasm...Moss is insane with "me first" enthusiasm.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:15 PM
kjcchargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjammer34
this is the most encouraging article i've read in a long time. glad i came home tonight to this. like everyone, most likely, i expected a lot from jammer since we drafted him. i like his aggresiveness and i do notices his above average cover skills. i know he hasn't always came up with the clutch play but, i do believe he has the necessary skills or is improving on 'em. i was at the 2003 kc @ sd game where he had 2 int's-amazing! i feel(more like hope, but i am pretty optimistic about it) like there will be more of that this season. geez, i cannot wait!
Acquiring ** from Green Bay should help both corners - our pass D can't be any worse that what is was the last two years. I think this is the make or break year for Jammer. What is is contract status -does anyone know off hand without looking it up. He must be in the last two or (maybe) three years of his contract. He is getting paid a lot of money and has been just average - partly due to the whole secondary - but needs to step up this year.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcchargers
Acquiring ** from Green Bay should help both corners - our pass D can't be any worse that what is was the last two years. I think this is the make or break year for Jammer. What is is contract status -does anyone know off hand without looking it up. He must be in the last two or (maybe) three years of his contract. He is getting paid a lot of money and has been just average - partly due to the whole secondary - but needs to step up this year.
Here's what he's making:

1.3M in 2005, 1.55M in 2006 and 1.8M in 2007

http://home.earthlink.net/~bdave/id24.html

Peanuts for a CB of his talent.

Jammer is going nowhere for the next three seasons and Chargers fans will be very happy that he's staying with the team once the 2005 season starts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
vietdunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts
So you wouldn't care if we had a guy with Randy Moss's Attitude running around here? Yes, they may make big plays but theres always gonna be that class act out there making big plays and not be a big jerk about....LT comes to mind
Please don't change my words. I said I wouldn't mind to have a guy like Ray Lewis running around the Chargers. The attitude that drives the defense to be number 1. I've never said anything about Randy Moss.

READ FIRST!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:39 AM
CoronaDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by phicart
After reading everything, I think CorneaDoug was being too harsh.
Cornea ....good one
Old 06-08-2005, 01:30 AM
Future GM

lol at the topic of the thread aha
Old 06-08-2005, 04:42 AM
WHITELIGHTNING

Jammer should be fine this year, I just hope he gets the help he needs to prove that he is one of the best in the league and not only the best DB on our team.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:29 AM
71PACharger

so Jammer had a VISION problem,

well, I say, all is forgiven this year if he picks 7 to 10 int's.........

Closed Thread