Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2018, 11:59 PM
Hall of Famer

You are possibly thinking of Rashawn Jenkins Safety of Miami, 4th round 2017 selection or Desmond King DB Iowa 5th round selection.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:51 AM
19 Fan

King balled in 17 while Rayshawn did a lot of watching. I added a Desmond jersey to the collection in anticipation of 2018.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:20 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
no no no NOT Stevie Williams, I said last year. It's Trevor Williams. But Trevor balled out last season in the absence of JV and I dont even think he was drafted. Now the guy I'm really thinking about is Desmond King, voted as one of the top rookie DBs last season. There arent many teams right now in the AFC that has the coverage ability of the Chargers secondary. I might say the other LA team but they're NFC.
so say what you want about our secondary and a numbers game, that is THE LEAST of our concerns IMO. We have at least 3 legit starting CBs on the team right now...and not just starting for the Chargers. MUCH bigger concern is being able to stop the run up the middle and that belongs to LBs.

And yes Freak's darkhorse.
See folks. I don't ask for much. Rose petals thrown when I walk, gold for gifts, the ability to tax the hell out of you to enrich myself. It's the small things I like. Really.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:21 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Costa Boy View Post
King balled in 17 while Rayshawn did a lot of watching. I added a Desmond jersey to the collection in anticipation of 2018.
I laugh. Really I do.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
no no no NOT Stevie Williams, I said last year. It's Trevor Williams. But Trevor balled out last season in the absence of JV and I dont even think he was drafted. Now the guy I'm really thinking about is Desmond King, voted as one of the top rookie DBs last season. There arent many teams right now in the AFC that has the coverage ability of the Chargers secondary. I might say the other LA team but they're NFC.
so say what you want about our secondary and a numbers game, that is THE LEAST of our concerns IMO. We have at least 3 legit starting CBs on the team right now...and not just starting for the Chargers. MUCH bigger concern is being able to stop the run up the middle and that belongs to LBs.

And yes Freak's darkhorse.
Whatever I want to say had been said, and so can you.

One thing though, How is it the least of your concern but you can't even remember who is in that non concerning defense?

And the 3 legit starter thing, I agree on Hayward and Verrett which hope he is fully recover and no set back. But objectively speaking when you have that many dudes in the back, how well and accurate can you assess a players ability when it is so crowded? There isn't even enough room for most of them to individually shine and be assess.

So how do you pin point just one guy and say he is great when you don't know who is playing the inside coverage or if there is actually inside coverage when a CB is holding the outside leverage on a WR, maybe he suppose to play tight and man on, lock down, he just got beaten to the inside and he's just reeling, etc?? You can only tell so much on tapes already with what a play call is actually going for, So it is important to see them in enough space and scenario to screw up and if they do screw up.

Last edited by c'monchargers; 06-14-2018 at 07:08 PM..