Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AMazing I View Post
I really like Connor Williams too, but I would be surprised if he declared after his injury.
You might be right. Then again, he might want to jump right into his career and not risk getting hurt again. He lucked out in that there was no ligament damage.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:45 PM
¯\_BAG_/¯

great start nutty
im excited to start looking at these prospects
QB may not be considered a "need" but imo the draft priority is finding rivers' successor
while it's true that its looking to be a deep qb class, i wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger round 1 because it's too important
coming away from a deep class while rivers is in decline would be worst case scenario for me.
i think it would be a mistake to depend on Telesco to find "a diamond in rough"
we've already spent a 7th on Jones, I don't mind spending 2 more picks, it's THAT important.

after QB, im looking for OT and a REAL C
sorry, ya'll know how i feel about pulley and i think Lamp is ultimately a guard

LB is next. this is pretty obvious.

DT is a bigger need for me than most. I havent been super impressed with mebane, and he's getting old in a hurry.
Luiget is just a guy
philon flashes but we need a stud next to bosa and ingram to truly help our LBs

i think King will be our starting FS next year and we'll manage at SS

one position i wouldnt mind drafting if a great opportunity presents itself is Kicker, as high as 5th rounder... anyone know of nay awsome kickers coming out?

of course all this can change depending on free agency depth
Old 10-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21and500 View Post
great start nutty
im excited to start looking at these prospects
QB may not be considered a "need" but imo the draft priority is finding rivers' successor
while it's true that its looking to be a deep qb class, i wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger round 1 because it's too important
coming away from a deep class while rivers is in decline would be worst case scenario for me.
i think it would be a mistake to depend on Telesco to find "a diamond in rough"
we've already spent a 7th on Jones, I don't mind spending 2 more picks, it's THAT important.

sorry, ya'll know how i feel about pulley and i think Lamp is ultimately a guard

DT is a bigger need for me than most. I havent been super impressed with mebane, and he's getting old in a hurry.
Luiget is just a guy

i think King will be our starting FS next year and we'll manage at SS

one position i wouldnt mind drafting if a great opportunity presents itself is Kicker, as high as 5th rounder... anyone know of nay awsome kickers coming out?

of course all this can change depending on free agency depth

Don't be surprised if Lamp is your 'real center' in the end......

GO BOLTS !
Old 10-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Rookie

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...fl-draft-order

What if we really did draft 8?

Minkah Fitzpatrick
Trey Adams
Arden Key

??

We need help at Safety, CB, OT, and LB.

Last edited by shruggie; 10-12-2017 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Aww Shucks!

Any OL, LB, S, CB in the first. RB is a need, too but I’ll wait until the middle rounds. Barkley is the only exception, it’d be hard to pass on him.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merfinator View Post
Any OL, LB, S, CB in the first. RB is a need, too but I’ll wait until the middle rounds. Barkley is the only exception, it’d be hard to pass on him.
Barkley is great but in this day and age i dont see 2 number 1 picks being spent on RBs in 3 years. There are good backs in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round to be had. I would draft a QB of the future and/or a monster LB with our 1st pick (a desperate need). Fitzpatrick (Safety) could also be the defensive star this team needs at safety for the last 10 years after we missed out on Jamal Adams last year.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:19 PM
¯\_BAG_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Don't be surprised if Lamp is your 'real center' in the end......
Definitely won't be surprised and I wouldn't complain
Lamp is versatile and I think he would be an elite C
But to me, the comps to zack martin are accurate
Old 10-12-2017, 03:22 PM
¯\_BAG_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
Barkley is great but in this day and age i dont see 2 number 1 picks being spent on RBs in 3 years. There are good backs in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round to be had. I would draft a QB of the future and/or a monster LB with our 1st pick (a desperate need). Fitzpatrick (Safety) could also be the defensive star this team needs at safety for the last 10 years after we missed out on Jamal Adams last year.
I generally agree but I was definitely one of the few here that was hoping to land Leonard Fournette
He would be the perfect compliment to MG3 and still think so
Old 10-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
QB may not be considered a "need" but imo the draft priority is finding rivers' successor. while it's true that its looking to be a deep qb class, i wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger round 1 because it's too important...

Luiget is just a guy

i think King will be our starting FS next year and we'll manage at SS.
Appreciate the feedback. I hear what you're saying about finding PR's replacement. I suspect we should be able to find a starter even in the 2nd round... the QB class is deep. On average, 3 QB's are picked in the 1st round. I see 6 or 7 QB's that could be starters in this year's class.

I think we need to improve at DT too. However, this coming year's FA DT list should be deep. And many of the teams that have FA DT's are in a bad cap spot. I also see a number of college DT's in the later rounds that could be good.

I like King in the slot. Not sure he has the speed/range to play Gusly's centerfield FS. I like a number of FS prospects in this year's class.

LB is one position I'd consider drafting early this year. Gus' defense depends on a good SAM. And Perryman's health is inconsistent. Malik Jefferson (Texas) is a versatile LB that could probably fill either role.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I generally agree but I was definitely one of the few here that was hoping to land Leonard Fournette
He would be the perfect compliment to MG3 and still think so
I'm not a huge fan of drafting RB's in the first round. So many good ones have come from the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'm a believer in building a good OL. Even average RB's can excel behind a great OL. Remember, Fournette is running behind an OL that is very good. They've drafted two guys (Robinson, Linder) that I really wanted us to draft.

MG3 will be a star... if we ever build our OL correctly. I like the idea of having depth behind MG however.