Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2018, 09:10 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper31 View Post
^ not only POTD, but also sig quote worthy !
Oh, I thank you, sir. LOVE nominations. (everyone else on here makes me nominate myself.........sad. On their part, not mine.)

Ray Ray was Cray Cray. Spooky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Coaches should absolutely have their own category IMO. Maybe not to the point to where a coach needs to be inducted every year, but they shouldn’t be competing with players for a spot.

Or perhaps rename the “Contributors” category and include coaches. I’d much rather see coaches in the Hall rather than the overload of owners that we are witnessing.
You didn't mean Overlord of Owners, right.

I get kinda touchy about that.

Well, me and Jerry Jones anyway.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Ray Lewis has matured, maybe not to the same extent as Moss but there has been growth.

He still better have some serious weight on his conscience because his actions in covering up the two murders “back in the day” were unconscionable.
This recent article on Ray Lewis definitely highlights some of the NFL's problems when it comes to their star players.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/04/ra...tlanta-murders

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 08-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
His “off the field” antics included tearing apart three locker rooms (SF, Philly and Dallas) that greatly harmed the performance by the team “on the field” of play.

That is very relevant in my book, and TO still doesn’t get it as he continues to play the “woe is me” victim card. Unlike Randy Moss, TO has never and will never grow up.
Former teammate Marcus Spears says TO wasn't a bad teammate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7LktTDcrwA

Go to 5:24 of what Chris Canty says about the selection committee. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksWoE4sTnu0

TO gets criticized for character related material. Well, Moss had character problems himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
So Jerry Kramer waited 4 decades to be selected. His reasoning was to let go of the selection process regardless of outcome, enjoy the moment and be okay with the decision either way. He was passed over for 40 years that's a long long time.
Still Kramer handled his acceptance with such class. Coach Lombardi would be so proud of him.

In Terrelle's mind he wants to be right vs. being respected and loved. Keep crying with that reasoning. See you next summer TO? Or will we still be shedding a tear. Maybe you can talk to Mr. Kramer next year about his wait.

With Randy, what a beautiful moment for him. His 30/30 really had him on the brink of not having a future with football at all. He was troubled, arrested and tried in his local town of Rand, Va. Lost his scholarship to a different school. Served time and when given a 2nd chance to play at Marshall he took it and the rest is history. Now he's bringing his jacket to the town that supported him over thick and thin. Nice story. Congrats to all HOF honorees.
People who did the voting factored in off the field stuff. There are people who are biased against TO.

And what's this about the HOF board wanting to make a rule after TO.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...other-boycott/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rs-a-t-o-rule/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...806-story.html

Quote:
The Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony was Saturday night, and Terrell Owens wasn't there, choosing to hold an induction ceremony of his very own in Chattanooga, Tenn. It was, he said, an act of protest: In Owens' eyes, the Hall of Fame's voters kept him out of Canton for three years after his initial eligibility because of his character, which goes against the Hall's rules that state only on-field accomplishments must be considered. So he inducted himself during a speech at his college gymnasium.

"I'm not going to do a dog-and-pony show and smile in people's faces and be fake," Owens told reporters afterward. "I had to harbor all these feelings all these years. And this is the way I needed to do it. Chattanooga gave me an opportunity to do it my way."