Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2018, 07:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo Fabio View Post
lol my man we lose Rivers it does not matter who is our backup. We are doneski,
Why be so fatalistic? The Eagles just won a SB with a backup QB.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Costa Boy View Post
For a 2 cent observation... I loved the ball Shimonek threw that JJJ almost caught. Nice arm strength and a pretty rainbow.
It was slightly underthrown, hence the tip, but I think if Shimmy and JJ had even a few more weeks of practice together and some real game PT, you'd see them connect on a lot more...

Old 08-26-2018, 07:54 AM
19 Fan

Yeah but as the fourth wheel on a bicycle, he showed me skills that equate to promise. And yes I know that Geno and Kordell can throw a ball like that too, but we know too much of the flip side where they are concerned. PS time for Nic and poach Savage when NO cuts him. Why not?.....
Old 08-26-2018, 08:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Costa Boy View Post
Yeah but as the fourth wheel on a bicycle, he showed me skills that equate to promise. And yes I know that Geno and Kordell can throw a ball like that too, but we know too much of the flip side where they are concerned. PS time for Nic and poach Savage when NO cuts him. Why not?.....
Savage actually looked pretty good out there...Hill was better, but I think Hill sticks and probably Savage gets the boot...yes, why not?

Old 08-26-2018, 10:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Yeah but Foles has always been a mediocre QB who occasionally produces good games. His SB run wasn't really shocking.

Geno on the other hand, has been a bum since the draft and never even approached being average. How he is still in the league is beyond me?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:49 AM
All-Pro

Sign capernek asaf
with gag order and no protest clause for veteran minimum
hey the artist formierly knowa as michael vick\ reformed into mike vick
he started loving dogs so who says kaepernick cant' also

and he would be perfect for the chargres and is the type of player wizenhunt loves

dont doubt AL if Rivers goes down then Geno will guarantee us a high pick and secured a franchise quarterback you all dont see his big pitcher for that reason cordoroyl gets cut cause he might earn us only a mid round pick but who knows we might trade for trevor seimen

Last edited by Pigpimpc; 08-26-2018 at 10:54 AM..
Old 08-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Go Chargers!

Prior to this game I was feeling OK with Geno as the backup, thought he looked decent but not great the first 2 games and looked better than Cardale, but after last nights performance (if you can call it that) I'm concerned about our BU QB situation with both Geno/Cardale, Nic doesn't appear to be in the conversation/competition.

Fortunately Philip has been very durable and I think has the longest consecutive game streak of any QB in recent yrs, that's great, I hope it continues, but you never know in the NFL.

There are teams with questionable starters let alone having solid backups, quality QB's are in short supply IMO, similar to what was mentioned about OL recently, I hope the Chargers are keeping an eye out, but it's probably a tall order to get a solid consistent backup at a reasonable cost.

I haven't watched any other teams play this PS but happened to catch the Chiefs and Bears game to see P. Mahomes, the Bears Chase Danial had a real good game, he's 31 and a 10 yr vet with limited playing time as a career backup with several teams, don't know whether he'll stick with the Bears or not .... the Saints BU QB's looked better than ours (sigh).

We'll see what if anything happens at BU QB going into the season, today I'm concerned.

Go Chargers!
Old 08-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
seriously? Foles can start for 10-12 teams in the NFL while our back up QBs would be a hard sell even for the CFL.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Geno is a step up from Clemens but there is work to be done. Meanwhile keep Rivers healthy with a solid run game.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
seriously? Foles can start for 10-12 teams in the NFL while our back up QBs would be a hard sell even for the CFL.
Foles has been terrible this year.