Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
how dare you wrongfully edit my words without my permission !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you say you didn"t ?????? Horse pucky and frozendisc too !!!

Aggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The freak has spoken and I abide by whatever he just said.

What did you just say? Well, never mind. I abide by it, whatever it was.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:31 AM
Shock and Awe

Update

ShockTreatment’s Mock v 6, 3-18-15
1. Brandon Scherff - RT or G - Iowa
2. Duke Johnson - RB - Miami
3. Markus Golden - EDGE - Missouri
4. Senquez Golson - CB - Ole Miss
5. Jamison Crowder - WR - Duke
6. Ben Heeney - ILB/ST - Kansas

Note: everyone I removed, I still really like and they are "targeted players", at those rounds. Would love to see any of them in a Chargers uniform.

Removed (rd 2): Agholor for Duke Johnson. Enough has been said already, but I'll just add that Duke Johnson sees and exploits running lanes better than most of the RBs I've seen in the last few years. T4 was right, he has all the tools, but his vision and ability to penetrate the line of scrimmage is pretty amazing, matched only by his agility and balance. With the acquisitions of Scherff + Franklin + Duke, I would expect the Chargers to rampage against opposing teams. Rivers would have 1 on 1 match-ups all day for Stevie Johnson, Keenan Allen, and company to exploit with their wicked cuts and slippery releases. It would be beautiful.

Removed (rd 5) DeShawn Williams, added Jamison Crowder. Crowder would be a top 10 pick if he was 6'2''+. Ridiculous agility and lateral moves regularly leave defenders jocks on the field. Pillow-soft hands. More shifty on the football field than his 3-cone suggests. He has adequate top-end speed that he exploits with a low center of gravity. The only thing holding him back is his size and average underwear metrics (maybe?) and that's why he might be here at 5.

Removed Michael Dyer (rd 6), added Ben Heeney. Excellent production. "Lunch-pale" type linebacker that just gets the job done. He is extremely comfortable in zone coverage and possess above average awareness for his position. Isn't flashy, doesn't pass the eye-ball test, and doesn't have eye popping physical measurements, which is why he may be here this late. At a minimum, I think he would be an awesome special teams player and possesses the speed + smarts to do great things on kickoffs. But I could really see him competing for serious minutes as a backup or even a starter 2-3 years into his contract.

Oh ya... and watch this:

I don't care if it's highlights. That is some of the most dominating footage for an offensive linemen I have seen in the last 5 years of following the draft.

That is drool-worthy. Scherff and Duke Johnson in the same draft would be insane, and I think, one of the best case scenarios you could hope for as a Chargers fan. I'd be very tempted to put a "Green-Chip" (citation: Time4aRing) label on Scherff if he displayed better consistent slide speed - then again, that is the only reason the Chargers can even sniff him as a pick at 17.
3. Christian Westerman - OG/C - Arizona State
4. Dean Lowry - 34DE - Northwestern
5. Robby Anderson - WR - Temple
6a. Jatavis Brown - ILB - Akron
6b. Victor Ochi - 34OLB - Stony Brook
7. Darrell Greene - OG - San Diego State

Last edited by ShockTreatment; 03-19-2015 at 01:47 AM..
Old 03-19-2015, 01:46 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTreatment View Post
Update

ShockTreatment’s Mock v 6, 3-18-15
1. Brandon Scherff - RT or G - Iowa
2. Duke Johnson - RB - Miami
3. Markus Golden - EDGE - Missouri
4. Senquez Golson - CB - Ole Miss
5. Jamison Crowder - WR - Duke
6. Ben Heeney - ILB/ST - Kansas

Oh ya... and watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9Hq4bdFY0

I don't care if it's highlights. That is some of the most dominating footage for an offensive linemen I have seen in the last 5 years of following the draft.

That is drool-worthy domination.
Okay, I'm in. Watched the vid, fell in love, etc. And yes, that was drool-worthy, and he brings a bit of nasty with him, in a good way (But then again, I certainly can be accused of being a prisoner of the moment).

Dunlap-Franklin-Watt-Fluker-Scherff. (With Scherff as a our heir apparent at LT).

Makes me drool, indeed. With Fluker's predilection to destroy people while on the field, and Scherff seemingly having the same predilection, oh HECK YEAH! No need to draft a RB early. Just run to the right.

Edit: Or to the left!

Last edited by LongTimeOCBolts; 03-19-2015 at 01:48 AM..
Old 03-19-2015, 01:48 AM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Okay, I'm in. Watched the vid, fell in love, etc. And yes, that was drool-worthy, and he brings a bit of nasty with him, in a good way (But then again, I certainly can be accused of being a prisoner of the moment).

Dunlap-Franklin-Watt-Fluker-Scherff. (With Scherff as a our heir apparent at LT).

Makes me drool, indeed. With Fluker's predilection to destroy people while on the field, and Scherff seemingly having the same predilection, oh HECK YEAH! No need to draft a RB early. Just run to the right.
Scherff plus Duke or Ajayi would be unfair to the league. Duke is pretty ridiculous in how he can exploit seams and just skate through the defense. It's like watching a computer algorithm calculating the most efficient route.

Go to 1:55, watch Scherff chop that guys hand's down and bury him! Haha!

Last edited by ShockTreatment; 03-19-2015 at 01:54 AM..
Old 03-19-2015, 01:53 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Scherff plus Duke or Ajayi would be unfair to the league. Duke is pretty ridiculous in how he can exploit seams and just skate through the defense.
Yeah, but if Sherff is all that plus a bag of chips, we'd have a ridiculous O-line on both sides, and up the middle. I think with that kind of blocking, our current RB corps could already wreak some havoc. I'd like to see what BO, DB, and Woody could do with some creases. Some holes. Some space (I think I remember what those are like )

Thus allowing us to take a top-tier DL or OLB with the 2d.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Here is a towel for the drool, Shock. I really like Scherff, both as a prospect and as the guy we take at 17. He is a day 1 starter at OG. He changes the complexion of our offensive line, as well as our entire team! Others can't allow the rookie to be the king of mean. Finally he is a reasonable option, along with Franklin, at emergency OT. Solid, solid pick.

Duke is dynamic. Roll the dice on availabilty. With Woody and BO this is 3 runners with 3 ways of dancing. Nice.

Golden is high effort. Senquez, I love the ball skills and competitiveness. I am a big Crowder fan. ILB is a need. Great usage of our draft working capital up and down.

Edit. A towel for LongTime too.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:02 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Here is a towel for the drool, Shock. I really like Scherff, both as a prospect and as the guy we take at 17. He is a day 1 starter at OG. He changes the complexion of our offensive line, as well as our entire team! Others can't allow the rookie to be the king of mean. Finally he is a reasonable option, along with Franklin, at emergency OT. Solid, solid pick.

Duke is dynamic. Roll the dice on availabilty. With Woody and BO this is 3 runners with 3 ways of dancing. Nice.

Golden is high effort. Senquez, I love the ball skills and competitiveness. I am a big Crowder fan. ILB is a need. Great usage of our draft working capital up and down.

Edit. A towel for LongTime too
No need. Don't get me wrong, I'll need one again if he hasn't been taken by pick #17. But I don't see him getting past the Rams at #10 (if he lasts that long).
Old 03-19-2015, 02:04 AM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
No need. Don't get me wrong, I'll need one again if he hasn't been taken by pick #17. But I don't see him getting past the Rams at #10 (if he lasts that long).
I'm going to be pissed if the Rams take Scherff after getting Robinson last year. -_-
Old 03-19-2015, 02:07 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
I'm going to be pissed if the Rams take Scherff after getting Robinson last year. -_-
I hear you. But without Long, Wells, and possibly Barksdale -- I'm thinking they've been planning on OL for a while.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:11 AM
Shock and Awe

Quote:
I hear you. But without Long, Wells, and possibly Barksdale -- I'm thinking they've been planning on OL for a while.
Shhh! They want Andrus Peat. scherff is just a Guard, what do they care?