Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > AFC West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp17 View Post
Ok, well I guess in my opinion I find QBR to be a better reflection of reality. There's no objective way to prove that, but I find that it doesn't have as much of a problem inflating the perception of poor QB's like traditional passer rating. So I guess you can laugh at that, and I can laugh at the idea that the latter is a better indicator, and we can have ourselves a good ol' time.

Remembering Brees as a young player, I thought he was better than Carr as a rookie. Carr's stats are inflated by checking down for small gains on 3rd and long. Completions that the defense gave him because they would result in a punt anyways. He can't handle pressure (a carryover from college).

Even if you consider Brees a valid comp, the odds of guys starting that bad and ending up to be good are terrible. Take Brees as one example and the instances are still very few and far between. I'm very comfortable saying that Carr stinks and that he'll never be even average.

I also fail to understand why the Raiders are getting so much love this preseason. They have one impact player on defense, a bad QB, and a poor running game. They're one of the worst teams in the league.
Kemp, your analysis turned out to be off by quite a bit. In the preseason, I said the Raiders would be improved and you doubted me. So far, they have doubled their wins from last season. I said that Carr is a decent QB and you doubted me. He's not spectacular. but has made steady improvement. You've been pretty accurate on your analysis in the past, but you have to admit, you whiffed here.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Raiders seem to be in a great position. Lots of young talent and tons of cap space to spend this year. In a way, I'm envious of them and the jags. Not totally complete now, but they both are putting together good, young talent now that have great potential with dollars to spend.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Blame Butts for me

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nciple-on-deal

with all their cap space, their first target FA is a physical LG who can play LT.

if they end up with Zeke round one, its going to be long sundays slowing down that run game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ASAP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nciple-on-deal

with all their cap space, their first target FA is a physical LG who can play LT.

if they end up with Zeke round one, its going to be long sundays slowing down that run game.
they got the muscle hamster Doug Martin instead?
Old 03-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Hall of Famer

They have a deal for B. Irvin in place. He'll play opposite K. Mack and the Oakland D figures to be a nightmare.

So far Denver is getting worse, Oakland is getting better. KC and SD treading water thus far.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post
They have a deal for B. Irvin in place. He'll play opposite K. Mack and the Oakland D figures to be a nightmare.

So far Denver is getting worse, Oakland is getting better. KC and SD treading water thus far.
Raiturds have vastly improved... they also got Sean Smith. Irvin and Smith along with Mack make that defense scary good. All the more reason why we MUST improve our OL.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger1_sj View Post

Don't worry. We're making moves ourselves to keep pace with the Raiders. I agree the Broncos are getting worse, and KC losing their third round pick is nice.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Ides of March

When Peyton Manning retired, it was the beginning of the end for the Broncos after SB 50 win!
Old 03-10-2016, 10:28 PM
Moderator of Insanity

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ull-panic-mode
Quote:
The Raiders badly needed help at corner and signing Sean Smith gives them a nice player who can play press-man. Smith isn't a star, but the Raiders need a lead corner on their defense, and he will fill that role. I like the signing for Oakland, which is putting together a nice, young team. The Raiders are coming fast.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Hall of Famer

The AFCW will be competitive again.