Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Twill is back on practice squad

Tyrell Williams, after being cut a few days ago, has now been signed to the Bolts practice squad. A relief he wasn't picked up on waivers...I thought the Chargers should have kept him on the 53. Anyone think he could still get poached? As I understand it, a team can still poach another team's PS player, but must sign them to their 53. Is this correct?

http://www.chargers.com/team/transactions
Old 09-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
Tyrell Williams, after being cut a few days ago, has now been signed to the Bolts practice squad. A relief he wasn't picked up on waivers...I thought the Chargers should have kept him on the 53. Anyone think he could still get poached? As I understand it, a team can still poach another team's PS player, but must sign them to their 53. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct and no I don't think he will get poached.

Eric Decker of the Jets got hurt this weekend and today it was announced the Jets are bringing in several WR's for a workout....Terrelle Pryor, Corey Washington, Josh Lenz, Davaris Daniels, Titus Davis and Daniel Brown.

I think Chargers fans tend to overvalue our own PS players.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Twitter: @Vrabel56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoFan6336 View Post
Yes that is correct and no I don't think he will get poached.

Eric Decker of the Jets got hurt this weekend and today it was announced the Jets are bringing in several WR's for a workout....Terrelle Pryor, Corey Washington, Josh Lenz, Davaris Daniels, Titus Davis and Daniel Brown.

I think Chargers fans tend to overvalue our own PS players.
I think your last sentence has a lot to do with who influences them. This season I have started listening to the Lightning Round Podcast on BFTB. Just this very last podcast I heard crap like, "Carrethers is the best lineman behind Liuget." How do they know that? If he was THAT good, wouldn't he be playing at least a little?

Also stuff like, "Chargers don't have anyone who can CONSISTENTLY stretch the field except for TWill. Except he isn't even on the 53." How do they know that? Did they see TWill blow up starting defenses during preseason or TC? Did he even stretch the field like a boss during the preseason vs 3rd stringers?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Go Chargers!

Quote:

Yes and yes, any of the 10 guys on the PS can be poached by another team, but the other team has to place them on their 53 man roster for I believe a min of 3 games.

It's possible Tyrell could get poached, but I tend to think he's still a bit raw at this point and isn't quite ready for prime time NFL action as a WR, he had a number of drops in the pre season and needs to work on that, plus he'd have to learn another teams playbook which would take some time.

Last yr we lost RB Marion Grice, so it's certainly a possibility, especially if a team has been eyeballing him, I hope that doesn't happen and he can learn and develop here and maybe make it back to the 53 via ST's as a gunner or if an injury occurs.

Go Chargers!
Old 09-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I think your last sentence has a lot to do with who influences them. This season I have started listening to the Lightning Round Podcast on BFTB. Just this very last podcast I heard crap like, "Carrethers is the best lineman behind Liuget." How do they know that? If he was THAT good, wouldn't he be playing at least a little?

Also stuff like, "Chargers don't have anyone who can CONSISTENTLY stretch the field except for TWill. Except he isn't even on the 53." How do they know that? Did they see TWill blow up starting defenses during preseason or TC? Did he even stretch the field like a boss during the preseason vs 3rd stringers?
Wasn't it also BFTB that said Mager was a terrible player who looked lost, all of this based on his FIRST PRACTICE with the team? Then, during the preseason, he looked pretty decent to me, covering his man like a blanket on several occasions, with several passes defensed. Yup, you have to consider the source, and BFTB isn't exactly the U-T...
Old 09-22-2015, 07:55 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Wasn't it also BFTB that said Mager was a terrible player who looked lost, all of this based on his FIRST PRACTICE with the team? Then, during the preseason, he looked pretty decent to me, covering his man like a blanket on several occasions, with several passes defensed. Yup, you have to consider the source, and BFTB isn't exactly the U-T...
twill is legit and yes he could get poached it's beyond stupid that he's not on the field Sunday's he could help this team this weekend .
Old 09-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protect 17 View Post
twill is legit and yes he could get poached it's beyond stupid that he's not on the field Sunday's he could help this team this weekend .
Agree. Sure, he's raw. Sure, he's had a few drops. But he also has one of the highest ceilings of any WR the Bolts have had in a long time. Sure hope he gets called up before he gets poached...we don't need a repeat of Welker 2.0...
Old 09-22-2015, 08:05 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Agree. Sure, he's raw. Sure, he's had a few drops. But he also has one of the highest ceilings of any WR the Bolts have had in a long time. Sure hope he gets called up before he gets poached...we don't need a repeat of Welker 2.0...
That still gives me the cold chills and yes his talent jumps off the map .I would be playing Twill ,Perryman and give Mager significant snaps....it's time to play this talent .

Last edited by Protect 17; 09-22-2015 at 08:09 PM..
Old 09-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protect 17 View Post
That still gives me the cold chills and yes his talent jumps off the map .I would be starting Twill ,Perryman and give Mager significant snaps....it's time to play this talent .
Oh, and while we're at it, Pro, how about giving Philon some more snaps? I thought the kid played pretty decent ball in preseason.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Hall of Famer

In fact, if we cut anyone, cut Inman and put Twill back on the 53...ASAP! No knock on Inman, the guy's okay, kind of like Tutu, but someone like Twill has the potential to develop into a solid #2, and possibly even a decent #1 WR. He's that good.