Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
And yet, having gotten a lot of preseason work, for all the league to see, nobody took him off the waiver wire.

Nobody.

Since you say his greatness just jumps off the map, I suppose you think that 32 teams weren't paying attention?
Don't put words like greatness down like you just did .....Talent is what I said getting shilly in here .
Old 09-22-2015, 10:57 PM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protect 17 View Post
Don't put words like greatness down like you just did .....Talent is what I said getting shilly in here .
Okay, fine. If he has so much talent, that just shines for all to see, then were all 32 teams not paying attention? (your "overlooked because he played at a small school" theory breaks down after he played so much in the preseason).
Old 09-23-2015, 12:58 AM
Madness? This is Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrone Means View Post
Why not cut Donald Brown? haha
Cutting Donald Brown would cost more than to keep him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 09-23-2015, 01:11 AM
City of Smog and Angels

Good to see our GM is a gambler, clearly our HC isn't.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Cutting Donald Brown would cost more than to keep him.
Is that because he made the final 53? If we cut him before the season, wouldn't we have saved cap space?
Old 09-23-2015, 01:41 AM
FIRE MIKE MCCOY

I'd like to hope he can develop into a player like Floyd. Can he be his replacement? Maybe not as good, maybe not as good with his hands. But a similar size (although he needs to fill out a bit) and he seems faster at this current time, as he is 10 years younger after all.

Unlike #80, if he stays healthy and he plays close to the level of Floyd in the future, he could be a very valuable asset. Just looking at the two guys and their measurables and the way they started their careers with the Chargers. There are definite similarities.

Their 40, shuttle, vert and 3 cone, were all scarily close to each other. Like, almost identical.

Tyrell Williams

Pro Day Results:
4.38-40 yard dash
39.5″ Vertical Jump
4.22 Shuttle
6.53 3-cone

Malcom Floyd

Combine Results:
4.44-40 yard dash
38″ Vertical Jump
4.18 Shuttle
6.66 3-cone

Floyd is an inch or an inch and a half taller and weighed in 10lbs heavier out of college. Both undrafted. Both started out on the practice squad.

Floyd is calling it a day after this year. Here's hoping he plays every game until that time and Tyrell Williams can perhaps develop and grow, with guidance from M80.

I'm assuming TT has this in mind. Hence why we kept him on the 53 to start with and then got him back on the PS.

Tyrell Williams 750 yards plus and 6 or more TD's

Hunter Henry with 500 yards plus and 5 or more TD's
Top 5 offense

Ingram with 14+ sacks
Bosa leads the team in TFL's & QB hurries. 8-10 sacks.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:59 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT21UK View Post
I'd like to hope he can develop into a player like Floyd. Can he be his replacement? Maybe not as good, maybe not as good with his hands. But a similar size (although he needs to fill out a bit) and he seems faster at this current time, as he is 10 years younger after all.

Unlike #80, if he stays healthy and he plays close to the level of Floyd in the future, he could be a very valuable asset. Just looking at the two guys and their measurables and the way they started their careers with the Chargers. There are definite similarities.

Their 40, shuttle, vert and 3 cone, were all scarily close to each other. Like, almost identical.

Tyrell Williams

Pro Day Results:
4.38-40 yard dash
39.5″ Vertical Jump
4.22 Shuttle
6.53 3-cone

Malcom Floyd

Combine Results:
4.44-40 yard dash
38″ Vertical Jump
4.18 Shuttle
6.66 3-cone

Floyd is an inch or an inch and a half taller and weighed in 10lbs heavier out of college. Both undrafted. Both started out on the practice squad.

Floyd is calling it a day after this year. Here's hoping he plays every game until that time and Tyrell Williams can perhaps develop and grow, with guidance from M80.

I'm assuming TT has this in mind. Hence why we kept him on the 53 to start with and then got him back on the PS.
IMO you're understating the difference in their "hands." M80's best weapon has been his ability to contort himself, even at risk, and make crazy catches.

That's more than a little bit different than a guy who has poor hands even for more generic catches.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:08 AM
FIRE MIKE MCCOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
IMO you're understating the difference in their "hands." M80's best weapon has been his ability to contort himself, even at risk, and make crazy catches.

That's more than a little bit different than a guy who has poor hands even for more generic catches.
The guy has barely played. How do we know he has poor hands? I can't say I have seen enough of his college tape to know whether he had an issue with drops at college. I doubt there is that much out there due to him playing div II?

He had some very nice catches in pre season and some bad drops. He is a rookie, it's a steep learning curve. Everyone starts somewhere.

I did point out in the first paragraph that it is unlikely he'll ever have hands as good as Floyd. Seems like the guy has glue on his palms (no, not stick'em AHEM).

Top 5 offense

Ingram with 14+ sacks
Old 09-23-2015, 03:22 AM
<< . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT21UK View Post
The guy has barely played. How do we know he has poor hands? I can't say I have seen enough of his college tape to know whether he had an issue with drops at college. I doubt there is that much out there due to him playing div II?

He had some very nice catches in pre season and some bad drops. He is a rookie, it's a steep learning curve. Everyone starts somewhere.

I did point out in the first paragraph that it is unlikely he'll ever have hands as good as Floyd. Seems like the guy has glue on his palms (no, not stick'em AHEM).
Put your answer next to your question, and my work here is done.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:40 AM
FIRE MIKE MCCOY

So as a rookie, he's been written off already because of a few drops? Completely ignoring the great catches he made? Great sample size. How long was Floyd on the PS for again before he started playing regularly?

Get rid of Lambo. He missed a kick. Tyrell is no good. He had a few drops. Pathetic.

Top 5 offense

Ingram with 14+ sacks