Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Caslon's Avatar
Caslon Caslon is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 8,077
Default

Such is the life of a backup 4th string undrafted WR. You just don't get the reps and plays in season games. It doesn't matter what you do in preseason games. Tyrell may light it up in preseason, but the coaches still go with what they've seen in practice and season games. I still think Inman has the edge over Tyrell.

I think we may be too jazzed on Tyrell's fluke, busted coverage TD catch last season. Inman made some tidy catches last year.

Last edited by Caslon; 08-11-2016 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-11-2016, 10:31 PM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 30,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
The coverage on that TD was totally blown, so much so that your grandmother could have scored on that pass play. It was a fluke gimme, not a thing of beauty.
Big guys that can cut on a dime and run 4.40 keep getting gimmes. Tyrell may not live up to his potential, maybe he will. He has the tools and was clearly a "man among boys" at Western Oregon. His improvement in the NFL over last season and this has built momentum.
We'll just have to wait & see but he's a good prospect and will almost certainly make the cut to 53. At that point he'll get some shots and it's up to him.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-11-2016, 10:49 PM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 30,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Such is the life of a backup 4th string undrafted WR. You just don't get the reps and plays in season games. It doesn't matter what you do in preseason games. Tyrell may light it up in preseason, but the coaches still go with what they've seen in practice and season games. I still think Inman has the edge over Tyrell.

I think we may be too jazzed on Tyrell's fluke, busted coverage TD catch last season. Inman made some tidy catches last year.
Ty is currently 2nd string, working with the 1s. Actually it does matter what you do in preseason games and practice, that's how you make the roster. The guys that count like what he's done. Who gets the most snaps in reg season will depend on how they are playing since TC started.
KA & Benjamin are basic locks. Tyrell is getting a look as another backup 4th string undrafted WR- M-80's replacement.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-12-2016, 01:07 AM
SuperBowlBolts's Avatar
SuperBowlBolts SuperBowlBolts is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Such is the life of a backup 4th string undrafted WR. You just don't get the reps and plays in season games. It doesn't matter what you do in preseason games. Tyrell may light it up in preseason, but the coaches still go with what they've seen in practice and season games. I still think Inman has the edge over Tyrell.

I think we may be too jazzed on Tyrell's fluke, busted coverage TD catch last season. Inman made some tidy catches last year.
I for one am not too jazzed about the TD play, as you said it was a busted coverage. But the guy who's been tearing it up in TC and this offseason has been Tyrell Williams not Inman. He's had the physical tools coming out of college and it looks like she's starting to put that together, multiple people have said he's grown a lot, especially with his footwork/route running. The guy has been getting snaps with the 1st team consistently and has got a few passes vs Verrett and company. So that says a lot there, that he's getting reps ahead of Inman from the work and results he's been putting in during TC. So that is why we're getting excited more so about Williams as opposed to Inman, especially when you factor in their potential. How much better can Inman get or offer as opposed to Inman? Williams seems to be a guy who can be a big time player, while Inman seems like that guy who can be that solid guy. So nothing wrong with liking Inman, it's just a lot of people are getting excited about Williams potential and the possibility that he's getting there with his work ethic.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-12-2016, 01:11 AM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
<< . . . . . . .
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 20,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
I for one am not too jazzed about the TD play, as you said it was a busted coverage. But the guy who's been tearing it up in TC and this offseason has been Tyrell Williams not Inman. He's had the physical tools coming out of college and it looks like she's starting to put that together, multiple people have said he's grown a lot, especially with his footwork/route running. The guy has been getting snaps with the 1st team consistently and has got a few passes vs Verrett and company. So that says a lot there, that he's getting reps ahead of Inman from the work and results he's been putting in during TC. So that is why we're getting excited more so about Williams as opposed to Inman, especially when you factor in their potential. How much better can Inman get or offer as opposed to Inman? Williams seems to be a guy who can be a big time player, while Inman seems like that guy who can be that solid guy. So nothing wrong with liking Inman, it's just a lot of people are getting excited about Williams potential and the possibility that he's getting there with his work ethic.
I think there will be room for both of them.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-12-2016, 01:15 AM
Caslon's Avatar
Caslon Caslon is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 8,077
Default

yak yak yajk...he's tall. The guy is an unproven to me, no matter what I saw in training camp. He may light up preseason and still end up at last on the depth chart.

Last edited by Caslon; 08-12-2016 at 01:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-12-2016, 01:50 AM
Padres15's Avatar
Padres15 Padres15 is offline
.....
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nonya
Posts: 2,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
It doesn't matter what you do in preseason games. Tyrell may light it up in preseason, but the coaches still go with what they've seen in practice and season games. I still think Inman has the edge over Tyrell.

I think we may be too jazzed on Tyrell's fluke, busted coverage TD catch last season. Inman made some tidy catches last year.
Aside from Keenan, Tyrell has looked like the best receiver out there in camp. He's seeing plenty of time with the 1's, as much or more than Inman (from the 3 practices I've seen). He is building good chemistry with PR which is one of the the most important things. Aside from KA and Benjamin, there is not a lot of talent at WR. He should see plenty of playing time so I think it is totally reasonable to expect Tyrell to be a solid contributer this season.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Caslon's Avatar
Caslon Caslon is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 8,077
Default

Prediction. Inman sees more action than Tyrell, if either of them see any action at all when it counts.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 30,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
yak yak yajk...he's tall. The guy is an unproven to me, no matter what I saw in training camp. He may light up preseason and still end up at last on the depth chart.
Inman earned a spot on the roster last year but this isn't last year. He still has to go out and show improvement, which Tyrell is doing.
My current guess is KA, Benjamin, Tyrell, Jones, Inman on the 53.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 33,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Inman earned a spot on the roster last year but this isn't last year. He still has to go out and show improvement, which Tyrell is doing.
My current guess is KA, Benjamin, Tyrell, Jones, Inman on the 53.
He has to show improvement from making the roster and playing last year, in order to make the roster now ?



.................................................. ................

It's Approved !!!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 AM.


© 2018 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.